Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Is sending room requests in advance of your stay still something that's being done? My last WDW stay was in Jan 2018. So much is different now + I've never stayed DVC, so that's new too.

Is sending room requests in advance of your stay still something that's being done? My last WDW stay was in Jan 2018. So much is different now + I've never stayed DVC, so that's new too.
Yes, you can still do room requests. You can call and they will add a note to your reservation or you can still fax it I believe. I am a Touring plan member so I make my requests through there. They always seem to work.

Oh and I should add, I believe if you booked your DVC room through disney, they will accommodate the requests, I cannot speak to accommodating requests on rented points, that may very well be handled differently.

Anyone know if boardwalk to go is open( not the pizza window) looking for food options at the hotel this trip and things are looking pretty scarce!

So for our trip we had added on a day at the front of our trip and booked at CSR. It seems like a really nice resort and I think we would have liked it. I just couldn't stop thinking though of how much of a pain it would be to change resorts after one night. I also was regretting not having the experience of being on the ME and pulling up to the BW. Luckily the person who's points we bought from had enough for us to change the reservation and now we will be at BWV instead!!!!! Yay! And it only cost us 4 extra dollars!!!

Anyone know if boardwalk to go is open( not the pizza window) looking for food options at the hotel this trip and things are looking pretty scarce!
Only food options last week when we were there was Pizza window, bakery and pool bar. Also to add that the bakery had a limited menu as well. That was our biggest issue this trip. Especially not being able to hop to epcot to grab some food.

Only food options last week when we were there was Pizza window, bakery and pool bar. Also to add that the bakery had a limited menu as well. That was our biggest issue this trip. Especially not being able to hop to epcot to grab some food.
THIS is exactly why we're gonna be cancelling our December BWI reservation. We're big on wandering to Epcot at a drop of a hat for meal replacements:). Hoping things change by next December. Waiting patiently for late 2021 reservations to open up.

Any thoughts on what might replace Ample Hills? It's sad that they had to claim bankruptcy. We never got a chance to run over from BCR and try that Ooey Gooey Butter Cake that everyone was always talking about. Plus, it costs a ton to order it online and that's not in the cards right now! 😂

THIS is exactly why we're gonna be cancelling our December BWI reservation. We're big on wandering to Epcot at a drop of a hat for meal replacements:). Hoping things change by next December. Waiting patiently for late 2021 reservations to open up.

Boardwalk Inn this December? From the Disney website: "While reopening dates were previously shared for Disney’s Beach Club Resort and Disney’s BoardWalk Inn, these Disney Resort hotels will remain closed until further notice, as the reopening timeline continues to be reevaluated."

Boardwalk Inn this December? From the Disney website: "While reopening dates were previously shared for Disney’s Beach Club Resort and Disney’s BoardWalk Inn, these Disney Resort hotels will remain closed until further notice, as the reopening timeline continues to be reevaluated."
They could be staying at the DVC villas. They are still open. Our family has a November trip booked for the Villas at Beach Club! :D

Yes, BWI. We have a paid reservation and yes, the hotel isn't open. I'm waiting to be contacted by Disney. My response was simply to add that even IF the hotel were open, we still won't go. As long as the park reservation system is in place, as AP holders with no park hopping allowed, we're staying home:).

Yes, BWI. We have a paid reservation and yes, the hotel isn't open. I'm waiting to be contacted by Disney. My response was simply to add that even IF the hotel were open, we still won't go. As long as the park reservation system is in place, as AP holders with no park hopping allowed, we're staying home:).
We have AP too, and while no park hopping is a bummer - it's still a lot of fun to enjoy the little stuff around the resort/parks. Hopefully you guys get to return sooner than you think! :) I'm looking forward to actually enjoying the pool this next trip. We never make time for Stormalong Bay, but now we might actually be able to fit it in! lol

We have AP too, and while no park hopping is a bummer - it's still a lot of fun to enjoy the little stuff around the resort/parks. Hopefully you guys get to return sooner than you think! :) I'm looking forward to actually enjoying the pool this next trip. We never make time for Stormalong Bay, but now we might actually be able to fit it in! lol
Yes, the YC rooms and the pool are super nice. We're under water with the AP at this point, we usually get two trips a year but this year? Nope...lost May and are gonna lose December. There is just too much missing. We're OK with waiting until next December. Certainly hoping things will be almost back to what used to be normal. I am loving everyone sharing their trips online. Certainly helps. Hey, try renting a cabana at the YC, it's a great indulgent experience.

Oh and I should add, I believe if you booked your DVC room through disney, they will accommodate the requests, I cannot speak to accommodating requests on rented points, that may very well be handled differently.
Requests are never guaranteed. Even if you paid cash for a DVC villa. You are booked into a room by the same Room Scheduler.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter