Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Do you know, does the room scheduler consider Touring Plans room requests for the BWV side? We’ve had great luck using TP for the BWI side in the past so those are most certainly looked at.

This November I have rented points for a Studio Villa - Garden or Pool View. Wondering if I should use TP to request a Village Green view, or just stick with “upper floor, close to elevators” on the online check in form. (Knowing of course that requests are never guaranteed.)

We rent points on our visits, 2 years ago I did the exact request using TP fax. I don't know if it was looked at, but we got the rooms we wanted. I am trying my luck again this year, usually we get the opposite of the requests I put in online (upper floor...).

I am trying my luck again this year, usually we get the opposite of the requests I put in online (upper floor...).

I requested a higher floor and close to the lobby for our LBD week trip. Got almost the very furthest from the lobby but on the same floor as it... maybe they felt that was a compromise? lol

I requested a higher floor and close to the lobby for our LBD week trip. Got almost the very furthest from the lobby but on the same floor as it... maybe they felt that was a compromise? lol
If I ever put anything in on the Disney website I get the exact opposite, happened at AKL in February. The AKL part was a last minute add on to my BWI stay that I sent a TP request in for weeks prior, while I didn't end up in the room I wanted the CL CM did explain they knew I had requested it but it still had a guest so they couldn't fulfill it. At least I knew they looked at it, and I was staying in a cottage room so there wasn't much difference so it was ok. I pretty much only do the TP request now, and after that trip I really do feel I'll never get what I want by filling in the online request "you want close to lobby? is a 10 minute walk ok?" -_-

We rent points on our visits, 2 years ago I did the exact request using TP fax. I don't know if it was looked at, but we got the rooms we wanted. I am trying my luck again this year, usually we get the opposite of the requests I put in online (upper floor...).
DVC resorts usually just toss out the faxed requests. The best way to enter a request on rented points is to notify the owner and ask them to make your request.

DVC resorts usually just toss out the faxed requests. The best way to enter a request on rented points is to notify the owner and ask them to make your request.

Last year we received the exact room we requested at OKW using the touring plans room fax, and the second time we got the next room over from our request 🤷🏻‍♀️We must have gotten lucky. This will be our first time staying at BWV, I guess I need to lower my expectations LOL

I’ve been renting points from the same DVC owner since 2007 and always call the BW direct about 5 days prior to arrival and request an upper floor over the BRG. So far the request has always been met. (Knocking on wood).

Resort Refurbishment

Luna Park Pool at Disney’s BoardWalk Resort may look a little funny this fall as work takes place on the Keister Coaster waterslide. We expect the waterslide to be unavailable October 5 through October 30—though dates are subject to change.

Work in the pool area will continue through November. Luna Park Pool, as well as 2 leisure pools at this Resort hotel, will remain open during this refurbishment.

Source:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/experience-updates/resorts/#drawer-card-boardwalk
Dave

We just switched our reservations from Yacht Club to BWV, and I'm super excited! We've never stayed in a Deluxe Resort/Villa before. It's always been my favorite resort from the outside, and I know the Boardwalk won't be the same without the street performers and buzz of activity, but I'm still super excited! Thank you everyone for your contributions to the thread, it's so much fun to read reports and see pictures!

I’ve been renting points from the same DVC owner since 2007 and always call the BW direct about 5 days prior to arrival and request an upper floor over the BRG. So far the request has always been met. (Knocking on wood).
What number do you call to accomplish this? I never seem to find a good direct number listed anywhere.

There are no available direct phone numbers. However there are numbers for individual or groups of hotels that go to a special group at the Call Center.

Here is the number for the BWI/BWV that I have used in the past with 100% success. You should call beginning at 9 days before your arrival date and have your requests noted.

407-939-5100 - BWV/BWI

The reservations and details are transferred to the individual resort about 4-5 days before your arrival date for the room assignment team to play Jinga to sort out where to put everyone.

Dave

How early have the buses been leaving for MK and AK? I know in the past it was an hour prior to opening, but since everything seems to be opening earlier I was hoping the buses leave earlier. Thanks

How early have the buses been leaving for MK and AK? I know in the past it was an hour prior to opening, but since everything seems to be opening earlier I was hoping the buses leave earlier. Thanks

We just got back on Saturday! It was usually between 7:50 and 8:15. Get there early, people do line up.

Only food options last week when we were there was Pizza window, bakery and pool bar. Also to add that the bakery had a limited menu as well. That was our biggest issue this trip. Especially not being able to hop to epcot to grab some food.
This was our struggle when we were there in August!

:wave2: Hello everyone, I hope all is well.

This thread has been around since 2014 under the thoughtful leadership of the OP and many past keepers of the thread, but as things tend to go sometimes on the Internet, with the passage of time DISers come and go, information gets stale, etc.

As has been done from time to time over the history of these “official” Resort threads, it seems it may be about time for a BWI thread refresh.

If you have any interest in “volunteering” to be the keeper of a new thread, please feel free to reach out to me via PM to discuss.

With so much Disney information so easily available on the Internet these days I don’t necessarily think these threads need to be the exhaustive resources they once were long ago before the blog/YouTube era, but sometimes it can be helpful to have an active DISer with a passion for the resort at the helm of the first few posts just to capture basic info, FAQs, resort updates, etc.

Thanks all!

We are staying one night at the Boardwalk this coming Saturday. We are going to Epcot Sunday. The hours have been extended to 9p.m. We have a car, and I also have a scooter rental that will not fit in my car. It is just me and my sister. We will be moving to Jambo house Sunday. Would there be a problem in leaving my car at the Boardwalk until after we get done at the Magic Kingdom on Monday, then moving the car? My sister is not familiar with Disney, and I do not want her to get lost or to travel alone.

We are staying one night at the Boardwalk this coming Saturday. We are going to Epcot Sunday. The hours have been extended to 9p.m. We have a car, and I also have a scooter rental that will not fit in my car. It is just me and my sister. We will be moving to Jambo house Sunday. Would there be a problem in leaving my car at the Boardwalk until after we get done at the Magic Kingdom on Monday, then moving the car? My sister is not familiar with Disney, and I do not want her to get lost or to travel alone.
I don’t think so. You’re considered a guest at the resort until midnight on checkout day or until you check in to another resort. Anyway, the trouble is getting into the BW parking lot. Once you’re in as a resort guest, they don’t monitor when you leave. Enjoy your visit!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter