Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

In some ways yes but in others no because they have stayed there before with no construction. So, they know how it was pre-construction.
I agree-a good time can still be had at CBR even with the Construction/Closures.

But having that $750.00 Construction Mickey Gift Card in my pocket definitely "influenced" my "level" of enjoyment!lol:)

Overall, while major, the construction is not bad at all. We are in Jamaica 43 and frankly, from here, you can't even see any of it. We spent our first afternoon at the main pool and other than the walls/skrims and anything you can see over them, it feels the same as CBR always has. (It's our favorite mod). The food trucks and dining area are off to the side and not even noticeable when in the pool area. Food choices are ok and the folks working them pleasant enough.

Back to the room. The room is in good shape, clean, and we wound
Up with a court yard view but paid for standard. Now, the one thing SPOILING us already is the fact that our building houses the food station and has the Coca Cola free style machine right below us. This makes a world of difference during the morning coffee and snack run! Really nice to have this and would love to have it stick around post construction.

These to paragraphs make me really excited! We requested Jamaica 43, specifically. We'll see if we get it in 32 days!

Question my husband just asked: Where do we get our DDP mugs at the resort? The island markets or the food tent or what?

These to paragraphs make me really excited! We requested Jamaica 43, specifically. We'll see if we get it in 32 days!

Question my husband just asked: Where do we get our DDP mugs at the resort? The island markets or the food tent or what?

I was in 42----42 and 43 are awesome!

Mugs are available at the Island Markets and Centertown Buffet.:)

We're staying at CBR in 3 weeks today!, but we've booked a night early over at AofA. What's the best way to get from AOfA to CBR using Disney transportation? Or do you know if we can go straight to a park without checking in to the hotel directly? We've done online check in and we'll have magic bands from our A of A stay that should work, but will our dining plan be activated and will we be able to use our gift card for any purchases made that day? Sorry for the long winded post! Lol

Thinking of booking CBR for bounceback for end of August 2018. Am I understanding correctly that at that point, all the food and shopping construction should be completed? I would book preferred, with hopes of being in Trinidad North, away from the DVC construction on the other side of resort. Just looking for opinions.

Thank you!

Thinking of booking CBR for bounceback for end of August 2018. Am I understanding correctly that at that point, all the food and shopping construction should be completed? I would book preferred, with hopes of being in Trinidad North, away from the DVC construction on the other side of resort. Just looking for opinions.

Thank you!
I'm hoping food and shopping might be complete before I go in April. I'm only guessing the 'new build' DVC stuff may be the only CBR work ongoing by then. It won't stop me if it isn't though.

I forgot to mention, one day we came back from the parks, there was a golf cart driving Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy, and Pluto around the resort (actually they were in TS parking lot). It was the only time we saw any characters at CBR, and I'm assuming they were headed to Centertown. We never had dinner at the buffet tent, only breakfast. Does anyone know if they show up for dinner at the tent?

I forgot to mention, one day we came back from the parks, there was a golf cart driving Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy, and Pluto around the resort (actually they were in TS parking lot). It was the only time we saw any characters at CBR, and I'm assuming they were headed to Centertown. We never had dinner at the buffet tent, only breakfast. Does anyone know if they show up for dinner at the tent?

We have seen characters at CBR in the past. If there was bad weather, special days like Halloween, etc they would have them there. Or sometimes just a random thing. There is no set time, date, etc they just show up sometimes.

If this has been answered already, sorry ahead of time. Are they showing movies at nite anymore? If so where?
Thanks

If this has been answered already, sorry ahead of time. Are they showing movies at nite anymore? If so where?
Thanks

Yes. They are shown on Caribbean Cay Island next to the playground. This month they are shown every night except Tuesdays.

I'm looking to do pre-check in and we're going back and forth on whether to request Aruba or Jamaica. Any recommendations if we want something that's not too far from buses and not heavily impacted by construction? Thanks!

I'm looking to do pre-check in and we're going back and forth on whether to request Aruba or Jamaica. Any recommendations if we want something that's not too far from buses and not heavily impacted by construction? Thanks!

Every village has it's own bus stop so no you'll never be far from one. Jamaica is further away from the construction yet both are great locations.

So, if there is a coke freestyle machine on every "island" do I "really" need to book preferred to be close to the restaurant? Ashamedly, i was just doing so to fill my drink every morning...any other reasons I should book a preferred room? Like, first on bus?

So, if there is a coke freestyle machine on every "island" do I "really" need to book preferred to be close to the restaurant? Ashamedly, i was just doing so to fill my drink every morning...any other reasons I should book a preferred room? Like, first on bus?

Actually I would book a standard to be away from the construction. Jamaica 45 and Aruba 51 are under a 5 minute stroll across the bridge from the food tent and Main Feature pool. There's only a handful of preferred rooms closer than those 2 locations. We've always felt preferred rooms at CBR were not worthbthe extra $$ before and now even more so.

How has parking been affected by the construction? We stayed at CBR in January 2015, and got lazy and drove to the Centretown area when we wanted to use the pool. We are heading back this December and are wondering about parking again.

Actually I would book a standard to be away from the construction. Jamaica 45 and Aruba 51 are under a 5 minute stroll across the bridge from the food tent and Main Feature pool. There's only a handful of preferred rooms closer than those 2 locations. We've always felt preferred rooms at CBR were not worthbthe extra $$ before and now even more so.
Thank you!! I really just need to be near caffeine ... Bringing our 7 kids! 2 of which will be 12 months and 18 months! ( our little foster "twins" :) )

Here's a photo of some construction on Disney property--this is not at CBR
[ATTACH=full

Had to edit this post as the photo posted four times---don't know why, I'm new at posting pics on here :confused3 This is just one pic, they're constructing all over WDW

Attachments

• IMG_0627.JPG
    IMG_0627.JPG
    84.2 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:

You can get the mugs at the main check in building or right at the building 43 island market room downstairs. It's AWESOME!

We are now 6 days into our 14 day trip and loving every minute of it. Booked a free dining bounce back for next year this morning. For reference there are already no standard view CBR rooms available for August 2018. We booked at Coronado as we have not stayed there in years anyway.

How is the construction going near the pool at TS? There was work going on there wasn't there? Trip coming up in under 3 months now, very excited.

How is the construction going near the pool at TS?
Slow.

There were reports earlier this year thet TS was going to get a "QS walk-up window",but FWIW a CM told me the "construction" at the TS Pool is for some sort of pipe maintenance.:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts