Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

We will be checking in on Sept 22 with a standard room. What would be the best area to request? We will have a car so proximity to bus stop is not a priority. We would like something close to a pool - doesn't need to be the main pool. We would also like something close to the Coke Freestyle machines.Thanks for any help.

Every village has it's own pool so you'll be close to one no matter what. Jamaica 45 and Aruba 51 are great locations. Both are away from the construction yet a very short stroll across the bridge to the Main Feature pool.

We will be checking in on Sept 22 with a standard room. What would be the best area to request? We will have a car so proximity to bus stop is not a priority. We would like something close to a pool - doesn't need to be the main pool. We would also like something close to the Coke Freestyle machines.

Thanks for any help.

One thing to keep in mind that close to bus transportation also means close to the parking lots. We could park the car and the girls could run up to the door. Jamaica 46 was close to the parking lots, not too far from the bridge, and has a freestyle machine in the building.

I noticed while looking at Touring Plans map of this resort all the King rooms are in different buildings than the freestyle machines and island markets, is this true?

I noticed while looking at Touring Plans map of this resort all the King rooms are in different buildings than the freestyle machines and island markets, is this true?

No. That tool is extremely inaccurate when it comes to room types and room amenities. There are 12 King rooms in every building except for the Pirate Themed rooms.

No. That tool is extremely inaccurate when it comes to room types and room amenities. There are 12 King rooms in every building except for the Pirate Themed rooms.

Thank you very much @dansdad ! I know I requested two buildings both were the ones with the free style machines in them, so I wondered since we have a Standard King reservation if that request was even possible!

One thing to keep in mind that close to bus transportation also means close to the parking lots. We could park the car and the girls could run up to the door. Jamaica 46 was close to the parking lots, not too far from the bridge, and has a freestyle machine in the building.

Thanks for the info!

Can anyone tell me which buildings have the freestyle machine in them?

My 7-year-old son and I stayed at Caribbean Beach Resort August 6 through 12. This was my first time at the resort, and overall we both enjoyed it a lot. Our room was in Aruba 55, and it turned out to be great. The market store and the Coke Freestyle machine were both just a few steps away. We had the buffet in the Centertown tent three times, twice for dinner and once for breakfast. My son really liked it and said it was his favorite place we ate, and we ate at some good places, such as Ohana. It was nice to have a quick service buffet that only took a handful of minutes to walk to from our room. The bus transportation was hit and miss. Sometimes the bus picked us up immediately. Other times we had to wait up to 45 minutes for a bus. It seemed strange that there were so few buses during the morning rush. On one instance we had to walk to the Jamaica bus stop because the Magic Kingdom buses were full by the time they reached Aruba. I preferred the bus access at Art of Animation, as it was more predictable. I would rather have the predictability rather than the convenience of a close bus stop. The construction at the resort didn't really impact us at all, and I would have been happy even without the generous gift card.

We aren't picky with the construction, or evening drop off, but definitely are rope drop people. Where should we stay to make sure we don't miss a bus due to it being full in the mornings?

Previous poster said they needed to walk to a different bus stop.

We aren't picky with the construction, or evening drop off, but definitely are rope drop people. Where should we stay to make sure we don't miss a bus due to it being full in the mornings?

Previous poster said they needed to walk to a different bus stop.

After a total of 77 nights at CBR, we've never not been able to get on a bus for rope drop. We've also never been on a bus so full that guests could not get on. And most of our stays have been during Free Dining when the resort has been at capacity. And now with over 500 less rooms, it really shouldn't be an issue.

What the above poster experienced was an anomaly. We have family there now and they have raved about the buses.

Are they still giving gift cards? Just made a reservation for Aug. 31-Sept. 5 & haven't heard anything about it.

Our first stay at CBR is coming up really soon! :yay: We plan to charge tips and purchases with our magic bands and then pay off the balance with our gift card. Can I call down before checkout to pay with it so the charges are put on a credit card or does that have to be done in person? And if it does have to be done in person, it's it time consuming to get to the Custom House using the bus system? TIA!

Our first stay at CBR is coming up really soon! :yay: We plan to charge tips and purchases with our magic bands and then pay off the balance with our gift card. Can I call down before checkout to pay with it so the charges are put on a credit card or does that have to be done in person? And if it does have to be done in person, it's it time consuming to get to the Custom House using the bus system? TIA!

The problem is that when you call down to the front desk from you room you don't actually get the front desk. You get a Central Call Center and they don't have access to your charges.

You'll have to either stop by the front desk at The Custom House or the Concierge desk in room 3109 of Trinidad North.

They run these charges around 2AM on Check Out day. So say you're checking out on the 10th, make sure you pay your charges on the 9th.

The problem is that when you call down to the front desk from you room you don't actually get the front desk. You get a Central Call Center and they don't have access to your charges.

You'll have to either stop by the front desk at The Custom House or the Concierge desk in room 3109 of Trinidad North.

They run these charges around 2AM on Check Out day. So say you're checking out on the 10th, make sure you pay your charges on the 9th.

Thank you for the info!!

They run these charges around 2AM on Check Out day.

Are both these places open 24/7? I would like to drop by to pay room charges after my last day in the parks. thanks

Thanks for all of the great information about the construction. I have been nervous, but we are lucky enough to have booked in time to get FD and the GC. My question is about the preferred rooms. We had to book this to get FD & as I'm travelling with my older MIL I would like to be close to transportation. Which building would be good to request. 1 week to go :). Thanks !!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter