Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Hey guys I booked this while I was in Disney in October. At the time I booked I had no idea there was construction going on and booked because it was an excellent rate. I have stayed before in Caribbean and LOVED it. With that said, I am a little nervous about the construction and would like to know what I should do as for requesting a building. I don't use the busses too much but I like to be close to the pool and shops. Would I choose martinique like I did in the past? Can you still watch the fireworks from the beach?

Checking in tomorrow! I requested Martinique but got an email saying it wasn't available. I'm only there until Sunday, so not a big deal. As long as I can get to a bus that isn't full and get to my Candlelight Processional ressie on time, I'm good. :-)

Hey guys I booked this while I was in Disney in October. At the time I booked I had no idea there was construction going on and booked because it was an excellent rate. I have stayed before in Caribbean and LOVED it. With that said, I am a little nervous about the construction and would like to know what I should do as for requesting a building. I don't use the busses too much but I like to be close to the pool and shops. Would I choose martinique like I did in the past? Can you still watch the fireworks from the beach?

I would request Martinique 24, Jamaica 45 or Aruba 51 in that order. Yes, you can still watch the Fireworks from the beaches and also the bridge.

I’m sure as stuff is completed it will open but 2019 is the timeframe for everything to be done.
I believe 2019 is the completion date for the DVC. The new food court etc is expected sometime in August 2018.

Hey guys! I just got back from my week long stay at CBR. We were in Aruba 56 in a 2nd floor corner room (5641). The location of the room in general was great - right at the bus stop, only a building over from a coke freestyle machine and the closest market room. It was difficult some mornings being the last bus stop as there were times we had to wait longer than normal for a bus we could fit onto. We were also right next to the construction, but it didn't bother us at all. We slept in a few mornings and weren't woken up to any noise, it was more of just an eye sore than anything. Overall, I wouldn't mind staying there again.

Hi. I hope this will be an ongoing daily update to our current 8 day trip. I'm writing this as my DW is getting ready for day 2.

Day 1: We touched down at MCO at around 4:40am having slept at most 2 hours all night. Using the Magical Express we arrived at the resort at about 5:45am. Breakfast in the tent started at 6:30am, but the internal buses didn't start until 7:00am. Bell Services was kind enough to give us a ride to Old Port Royal so we could eat an early breakfast before heading to HS for the day. We didn't get our 'Room is ready' text until almost 6:00pm, which was right before we left HS to go back to the hotel...that was cutting it a bit close on having our room ready. Room is awesome (Trinidad North, King Bed). Dinner at the resort was a hot dog from the food truck while sitting on the beach listening to a live calypso band...fantastic ending to day 1.

Day 2: Today was EPCOT. Left for the park at about 9:30am and waited maybe 5 minutes for a bus. Lot's of room on the bus even after hitting the other stops.

Day 3: Animal Kingdom. Left for the park at about 6:50am, waited 10 minutes for a bus. Tons of room on the bus even after hitting the other stops. FOP = the Disney Magic of my youth returned! I was totally immersed and at one point actually raised my arms to shield my face from an imminent collision that I was convinced was about to occur. Amazing ride! It's the only ride I would seriously consider waiting an hour or so to ride...30 minutes is usually where I draw the line.

So far construction at the resort has been visible, but practically zero impact on us. This type of construction would NOT keep us from returning to CBR again in the future. In fact, I would say construction is more visible elsewhere as we ride the buses to and from the resort than it is at the resort itself.

Day 4: MK morning then hop to HS for dinner and Fanstasmic!. Left for the park at about 7:50am and walked onto the MK bus with 0 wait. There were maybe 15 people on the bus by the time it left the resort for MK. Dinner at the Brown Derby was delicious. Would take the steak at Brown Derby over the steak at Le Cellier hands down.

Ok...the park days kept getting longer and the nights shorter, so I ran out of steam to keep up this ongoing report. The remaining days were about identical as far as the buses went. We never waited more than 10 minutes for a bus at the resort and there were always plenty of empty seats.

Our last day was where things got a bit stressful. I really didn't like having to be on the magical express 4 hours early. We were through security at the airport 2 hours before they started boarding our flight. We could have easily spent another hour in the park on the last day. To make matters worse, we had to plan on arriving back at CBR about 20 minutes earlier than normal to have time to catch an internal bus to Custom House. So we actually lost 1 hour and 20 minutes of park time on that last day. When we arrived at Custom House it was chaos. So many people checking in and out all needing to use bell services for luggage that the staff was obviously completely overwhelmed. When I was finally able to give a cast member our carry on claim ticket, it took nearly 30 minutes for them to return with our luggage. Given that departure experience, we won't be stay at CBR again until they find a better way for guests to move about the resort on arrival and departure days. Everything in between arrival and departure was great!

Last edited:
Just back from our stay 11/26-12/1. We stayed in Jamaica 41. Low overall crowds Rope dropped every morning. Busses were crowded but wife only had to stand once, kids never. Aruba definitely looked to have more issues than us. We bypassed them once on way to magic kingdom.

We did not utilize the food tent. I did hear a family coming back from pool saying Mickey and friends were there.

Overall great stay. Very comparable to POR. I would say it seemed like a shorter walk to the bus stop at CBR. Island Market had most everything you would need snack wise. Coke Freestyle machine was nice. Never heard the construction once.

I will add having stayed at POR and CBR. We have been next to last nightly bus drop at both. I know for some it will be a deal breaker. It was just normal for us.

We stayed at CBR last week (11/25-12-1). We have a family of 5 (3 sons ages 5,8,11) so we needed the room with the Murphy bed. We had extended family with us and two were grandparents sharing a scooter. We requested Martinique but were given second floor of Aruba 51. It ended up working okay for busses because we were right across the bridge from the Old port Royale so we walked to that bus stop each morning. Busses were crowded for MK both days we went but didn't have issues for the other parks (and we even went to MK on the days it closed early which were low crowd days). We did have to stand a lot coming home as we stayed until park close every night. The Scooter made things a little more difficult. We rented it from an outside provider so the resort wanted us to bring it up to the custom house to store and charge it every night since we couldn't get it up the stairs to our room. This meant every morning someone had to get an internal bus (that didn't start running until 7:00) to retrieve it and then meet us at the bus stop to go to the parks. The second floor room also made it difficult at night to get a sleeping child out of the stroller and everything upstairs.

We spent time at the pool on our arrival day and departure day and never saw any characters there. We are at the quick service buffet one evening for dinner and one breakfast. Overall the food was good. At dinner I enjoyed the Island rice and shrimp curry and the dessert options were very good (tropical panda cotta was a favorite). I think the regular price for the buffet was $14.99/$7.99. The line for the buffet could get long because there was only 1 entrance to get food and the kid station was the first part of the buffet so there was always people lined up waiting for that and the rest of the buffet was empty but it was impossible to get your plate and get around that area. Didn't see characters at either meal (were not expecting to, just wanted to mention in case someone else was).

We didn't notice the construction noise when at our room at all. We could hear it when we were walking around the resort and when we were at the pool but it wasn't a disturbance at all. Overall, we would definitely stay there again.

I think I know the answer, but just double checking. We check in Saturday and will be driving. If we arrive before our room is ready, can we drop off our luggage at the Customs House and they deliver it to our room when it's ready? We plan to hit Epcot Saturday and then hop to MK and stay until the midnight closing. I would rather not have to unload the car when we get back to CBR at 1 AM.

I think I know the answer, but just double checking. We check in Saturday and will be driving. If we arrive before our room is ready, can we drop off our luggage at the Customs House and they deliver it to our room when it's ready? We plan to hit Epcot Saturday and then hop to MK and stay until the midnight closing. I would rather not have to unload the car when we get back to CBR at 1 AM.

Yes, if your room is not ready you can leave your luggage with Bell Services at the Custom House. Then when you get back to CBR you can call Bell Services and ask them to bring you your luggage. They will not bring it to your room when you're not in it. Only luggage when using Magical Express will luggage be delivered without you being in the room.

Debating switching to this resort for our trip THIS WEEK as there was availability. It would save us about $300 and I could find places to spend that money.

Question about the food "tents" since temps are predicted to be pretty LOW at the end of this week (40s/low 60s) so is this eating area HEATED? I expect it will be quite chilly, especially as I only suspect we may head there for breakfast.

Debating switching to this resort for our trip THIS WEEK as there was availability. It would save us about $300 and I could find places to spend that money.

Question about the food "tents" since temps are predicted to be pretty LOW at the end of this week (40s/low 60s) so is this eating area HEATED? I expect it will be quite chilly, especially as I only suspect we may head there for breakfast.

I don't know if they are heated for sure but I bet it is. The "tent" has hard walls and it really doesn't fell like you are in a tent. I'm sure they have heating/air-conditioning for it. It was always comfortable when we were in there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter