Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

For what you're looking for, 35 right next to the lake is definitely best case. Keep in mind water view is also pool facing rooms which 35 has also. If you want the lake with a little stretch of sandy beach then 38 is great and really not that much further of a walk, with a nice path next to the lake and passing the pool that goes basically right to 35. I want to say there are minimal pool water view in 38, but not totally sure.
Thanks! Very helpful as I didn't even think about water view also including pool! lol!

I am scheduled here May 8-12. Will that construction still be going on? I have a standard view room. What should I request if I don't want to be around the construction?

Rendering of DRR Skyliner Station at wdwnt.

Very nice.

riviera3-21-19-18.jpg

I am scheduled here May 8-12. Will that construction still be going on? I have a standard view room. What should I request if I don't want to be around the construction?
I was just there last week in a standard room in Jamaica. We didn’t hear any construction and only saw it when we walked to Old Port Royale.

I was disappointed with the new “food court”, very few choices compared to the old food court. The food we had was good but not much to choose from.

I just checked in and so far I’m not happy. They’ve bumped me from my 5th sleeper room to a regular room because I don’t have 5 people. Why was I allowed to book it then? I booked this a long time ago. My son would like to sleep in his own bed ....not with his grandmother. That’s why I booked a 5th sleeper. They gave us $66 back....not worth it! I asked to be upgraded to preferred since they changed my reservation without my knowledge and they said they are completely booked

At CBR right now. There is a LOT of fencing on the water side of Aruba 51-52 or 53. The area between Aruba 51 and The Jamaica building is completely fenced off for construction and as we were staying in that building, we have to walk back to the parking lot and then skirt the edge of Jamaica 45 (I think) and snake around the fencing to get to the bridge to get to the main pool and the food court areas. It’s not horrible, but it definitely explains the rate we got. :lol:

I’ll post the pics when we are driving later.

I just checked in and so far I’m not happy. They’ve bumped me from my 5th sleeper room to a regular room because I don’t have 5 people. Why was I allowed to book it then? I booked this a long time ago. My son would like to sleep in his own bed ....not with his grandmother. That’s why I booked a 5th sleeper. They gave us $66 back....not worth it! I asked to be upgraded to preferred since they changed my reservation without my knowledge and they said they are completely booked
That really sucks. I know the CAN do that, but IMO simply giving you the regular refund as if you had booked a standard room isn’t sufficient. I guess I wouldn’t waste TOO much time on my vacation arguing about it, but I would make sure I spoke to a manager and mentioned all options (preferred room, different resort if you are ok with that, more than just the price difference refund, etc) and if that got nowhere sent quite the letter when I had time.

Yeah, it's not fun when you're downgraded. It's happened to us 4 times now. We've had it happen at POR, POFQ, BC and Poly. Worst part was at POR they never mentioned it at Check In so didn't know until we got to the room. Then had to go back and fight for a refund of the difference.

We did not let it ruin our day! We went on to MK. I was going to go back and complain some more but I think I’ll just let it go. We got a text that we are in Jamaica 44 so hopefully we will like it there.

That really sucks. I know the CAN do that, but IMO simply giving you the regular refund as if you had booked a standard room isn’t sufficient. I guess I wouldn’t waste TOO much time on my vacation arguing about it, but I would make sure I spoke to a manager and mentioned all options (preferred room, different resort if you are ok with that, more than just the price difference refund, etc) and if that got nowhere sent quite the letter when I had time.
I seriously hope this doesn’t happen to us. One member of our party of four has a serious sleeping disorder and needs to be in their own bed.

I seriously hope this doesn’t happen to us. One member of our party of four has a serious sleeping disorder and needs to be in their own bed.

It's pretty rare. It's only necessary when they have to take rooms out of inventory due to plumbing, electrical or any other issue that makes a room inhabitable.

I think I’ve read all the notes posted here since the beginning of March. I still have questions.

We have a standard room booked for the end of May for three adults, no kids. We will probably do a Garden Grocer order and have breakfast in the room. Our main concern is being close to the bus, being able to get to the parks for rope drop, etc. And being able to sleep. Proximity to ice and soda is secondary.

I’m not sure how the buses run, or if there’s a difference between Jamaica and Aruba. Where would folks recommend we request? Or does it even matter, in the sense of not getting a requested building, given how much they have to juggle?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter