Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

I’m not sure how the buses run, or if there’s a difference between Jamaica and Aruba.

Other than the exterior color of the buildings, there is no real difference between the two.

Where would folks recommend we request?

Our two favorites are Jamaica 45 and Aruba 51. Both are a very short stroll across the bridge to OPR and the Main Feature Pool. And both are close to the Jamaica bus stop.

Or does it even matter, in the sense of not getting a requested building, given how much they have to juggle?

No sure what you mean by how much they have to juggle. But it really doesn't matter between the 2 Villages.

Looking for input:

:cool1: I’ve booked a week long family run-vacation at Caribbean Beach in a preferred room in November during Wine & Dine weekend. The Skyliner “should” be open by then... Question is where will the loading area be located and which village will now be the a good request for a preferred village/room? Will closer access to the Skyliner change the catagory of rooms in the other villages? TIA!
:disrocks:

Looking for input:

:cool1: I’ve booked a week long family run-vacation at Caribbean Beach in a preferred room in November during Wine & Dine weekend. The Skyliner “should” be open by then... Question is where will the loading area be located

The CBR station will be to the right of Jamaica where the legend is on the below map. The Riviera Resort Station will be where the palm tree is to the left of Aruba.

filename-cbrmap-jpg-thumbnail0.jpg

and which village will now be the a good request for a preferred village/room?

Most likely Martinique 22 and then use the Riviera Resort Gondola Station. But if you want to use the CBR Station then Barbados 32.

Will closer access to the Skyliner change the catagory of rooms in the other villages?

I doubt it. Aruba and Jamaica have Standard, Water View and King rooms now. The rooms in Aruba will be close to both the Riviera Resort Station and the CBR Stations. The rooms in Jamaica will be close to the CBR Station. I can't imagine them eliminating Standard rooms altogether.

It has been quite a few years since I stayed at CBR...just booked a last minute 3 night trip, end of April in a 5th sleeper standard room however thinking I may need to upgrade to Preferred to avoid Aruba and Jamaica. Can't seem to determine if there are 5th sleeper pull downs in Martinque and if so are they only preferred rooms?

It has been quite a few years since I stayed at CBR...just booked a last minute 3 night trip, end of April in a 5th sleeper standard room however thinking I may need to upgrade to Preferred to avoid Aruba and Jamaica. Can't seem to determine if there are 5th sleeper pull downs in Martinque and if so are they only preferred rooms?
We had a 5th sleeper in Martinique- water view. Room 2413. I loved that room!

Yes there are rooms with the Murphy Bed in Martinique and Barbados. They are classified as Preferred or Water View.

If there are 5 guests in your party aged 3 or over:
If you book a Preferred Room you will be in a room with the Murphy Bed in either Martinique or Barbados.

If your party has less than 5 guests aged 3 or over:
You would have to book Preferred and request a room with the Murphy Bed but it's only a request.
Or book a Water View Room - 5th Sleeper and request either Martinique or Barbados. Again, only a request.

Last edited:
Geez. Did you guys notice how much higher the room rates went up since yesterday?
When were you pricing out?
When I saw that the Riviera pricing was pretty high I immediately got a little worried that CBR was going to see a bump. I mean not a shock because of the Skyliner but still keeping fingers crossed we don't get priced out of CBR.

When were you pricing out?
When I saw that the Riviera pricing was pretty high I immediately got a little worried that CBR was going to see a bump. I mean not a shock because of the Skyliner but still keeping fingers crossed we don't get priced out of CBR.
Mid November. Standard room went from $214 to $240, preferred room went from $280 to $314.

Bummer. The trip I'm booking for October stayed the same. Maybe the new prices didn't go into affect until November.
Could be. Definitely not just me though. Huge thread in one of the Facebook groups about it today. Glad yours hasn’t changed!

Could be. Definitely not just me though. Huge thread in one of the Facebook groups about it today. Glad yours hasn’t changed!

Our December, 4 night package went up $450 :confused3

Yeah, not a fan of this recent change. 2 years ago was the first time ever that they changed their rack rates after they were released. The last 2 years they at least waited until August to change the rates for future bookings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter