Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

IF I glean correctly, does it look like the new gondola system is faster and more frequent for getting from the resort to DHS?

I've been missing from the Dis lately because of work and my side job. We booked a bounceback when we were at Walt Disney World over the Thanksgiving holidays and were booked at the new tower at Coronado Springs since that's the only moderate that had a TA rate. But, I finally got a TA rate and we are now booked at CBR for our November, 2020 trip. The first four nights are in a king bed at rack rate. The next seven nights are in a pirate water view room with the special rate. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that a king room becomes available so that I don't have to switch rooms. If not, then I'll probably just switch the king room over to a pirate water view room as well. I pack too much and I certainly don't want to have to pick up everything and move to another room for the second part.

For a $50 per night difference, I think it's a no brainer. We love POP, but CBR is really a step up. To us, feels more like a lower end deluxe than a mod. Bigger rooms, nicer decor, grounds, food and a really nice pool. (Oh, and don't forget the Skyliner addition)! I'd say go for it.
We are pop fans too but,we are changing to CBR for a more laidback atmosphere...pop can get really crazy

Looking for room/building request suggestions for Feb 26-28. The plan is to fly in on Feb 26 about 8 AM, use DME to CBR, check in, take bus straight to MK and stay till HEA then bus back to CBR. Early morning Uber or bus to DHS (Skyliner has NOT been operating early enough yet for DHS opening) to get in good position for RotR BG. Stay at DHS until late afternoon, then Skyliner from DHS to Epcot for evening. Then Skyliner back to CBR after Fireworks. The next morning, we check out, leave our luggage at the front desk, then have 7:30 AM Topolino's ADR at Riviera. Following that we will return to CBR, pick up our luggage from front desk and Uber to Port Canaveral for our DCL with 11am PAT. No pool, no onsite restaurant. Family of 5, incl DS 15, 11, 7. Standard room 5th sleeper. Would we be best suited with a room request by the main CBR Skyliner station or closer to the Riviera side? As 9f right now DHS is scheduled for 9am opening, but that can easily change to 8am or even 7am, if they keep it like it is right now. Skyliner to DHS has not been running THAT early. What time HAS it been beginning, and how early would we get to DHS via Skyliner IF DHS opening moves to 8am or stays at 9am?

In total, we have 1) a bus unload after a long travel/MK day, 2) a transport to DHS, 3) a Skyliner return, 4) checkout at FD, 5) a round-trip to Riviera, and 6) return to FD for luggage and Uber out.

Should we request a room to be close enough to walk to Topolino's and use the Riviera station for the other trips or should we just use the main CBR station with no concerns for the final day ADR?

Thanks

Thanks! My DH will be thrilled, I actually hate those kind of "rides", I hate heights, but will deal with it in the interest of fast transit.

Looking for room/building request suggestions for Feb 26-28. The plan is to fly in on Feb 26 about 8 AM, use DME to CBR, check in, take bus straight to MK and stay till HEA then bus back to CBR. Early morning Uber or bus to DHS (Skyliner has NOT been operating early enough yet for DHS opening) to get in good position for RotR BG. Stay at DHS until late afternoon, then Skyliner from DHS to Epcot for evening. Then Skyliner back to CBR after Fireworks. The next morning, we check out, leave our luggage at the front desk, then have 7:30 AM Topolino's ADR at Riviera. Following that we will return to CBR, pick up our luggage from front desk and Uber to Port Canaveral for our DCL with 11am PAT. No pool, no onsite restaurant. Family of 5, incl DS 15, 11, 7. Standard room 5th sleeper. Would we be best suited with a room request by the main CBR Skyliner station or closer to the Riviera side? As 9f right now DHS is scheduled for 9am opening, but that can easily change to 8am or even 7am, if they keep it like it is right now. Skyliner to DHS has not been running THAT early. What time HAS it been beginning, and how early would we get to DHS via Skyliner IF DHS opening moves to 8am or stays at 9am?

In total, we have 1) a bus unload after a long travel/MK day, 2) a transport to DHS, 3) a Skyliner return, 4) checkout at FD, 5) a round-trip to Riviera, and 6) return to FD for luggage and Uber out.

Should we request a room to be close enough to walk to Topolino's and use the Riviera station for the other trips or should we just use the main CBR station with no concerns for the final day ADR?

Thanks
One of my concerns is getting to HS to be able to get a bg. We are staying at CBR in August.

Hi all!
We haven't been to Disney in several years, and MY things have changed with reservations, etc!
We are staying in June, and have never stayed at CBR. I went with a standard room and will request building 45. On the map, it appears to be a good location with regard to the food court as well as both Skyliner stations. Will someone please let me know if I'm misinformed? According to Google maps, it is about a 5 min walk to the food court across the lake.
We are late sleepers, except DH. He will go get breakfast for us if it's not too far.
Planning on MK, Epcot, and DHS (one day each), so Skyliner was a big draw for me.

Hi all!
We haven't been to Disney in several years, and MY things have changed with reservations, etc!
We are staying in June, and have never stayed at CBR. I went with a standard room and will request building 45. On the map, it appears to be a good location with regard to the food court as well as both Skyliner stations. Will someone please let me know if I'm misinformed? According to Google maps, it is about a 5 min walk to the food court across the lake.
We are late sleepers, except DH. He will go get breakfast for us if it's not too far.
Planning on MK, Epcot, and DHS (one day each), so Skyliner was a big draw for me.

Building 45 is a good compromise to be in the middle of everything. It's not as close to the Skyliner hub as others, nor is it the closest to Old Port Royale, but it's pretty much in the middle for both.

Thanks! My DH will be thrilled, I actually hate those kind of "rides", I hate heights, but will deal with it in the interest of fast transit.
I have a horrible fear of heights as well, and won't do roller coasters with big drops, but I had no issues with the Skyliner. In fact, I kept trying to find a reason to ride it more often!!

I'll grin and bear it! Since we're checking in late in the morning, after disembarking from the Disney Fantasy, we want to get to DHS as expeditiously as possible.

I've always seen a lot of talk about putting in room preference requests but I've never done it before so I had some questions. My wife and I have a water/pool view booked and we honestly don't care what area or building we stay in. The only thing we really care about is that we would prefer a water view over looking out at a pool. When you do the online check-in the room location requests section lets you select "water view". Does this actually mean a water view that isn't a pool? If it does mean that, is putting in the request through the online check in a sufficient enough way to put in a request? I feel like I've seen people use other means.

I've always seen a lot of talk about putting in room preference requests but I've never done it before so I had some questions. My wife and I have a water/pool view booked and we honestly don't care what area or building we stay in. The only thing we really care about is that we would prefer a water view over looking out at a pool. When you do the online check-in the room location requests section lets you select "water view". Does this actually mean a water view that isn't a pool? If it does mean that, is putting in the request through the online check in a sufficient enough way to put in a request? I feel like I've seen people use other means.
I think your best bet of getting your room request is to call Disney and ask them to add it on your reservation. Even then it may get overlooked, ask about it when you check in. They have tried their best to give us what we wanted, but it was from asking at the desk during check in.

I have that same fear but had no issues with the Skyliner. I was extremely surprised.
My wife as well is... height sensitive... yet had no issues during our week in November and we purposely went out of our way to ride the Skyliner as much as possible. Even when we got stopped a few times (20-25 minutes once), she just looked at her phone while the kids and I watched the traffic, etc. No issues for her.

My wife as well is... height sensitive... yet had no issues during our week in November and we purposely went out of our way to ride the Skyliner as much as possible. Even when we got stopped a few times (20-25 minutes once), she just looked at her phone while the kids and I watched the traffic, etc. No issues for her.

That's what I did when we were over Buena Vista Drive and at one of the highest points in the ride. I just looked ahead and not down and I was fine.

Hi all!
We are staying in June, and have never stayed at CBR. I went with a standard room and will request building 45. On the map, it appears to be a good location with regard to the food court as well as both Skyliner stations. Will someone please let me know if I'm misinformed?

You are not misinformed. Jamaica 45 is our favorite location by far.

According to Google maps, it is about a 5 min walk to the food court across the lake.

That's me every morning and it's definitely not too far.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter