Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

We are wanting to extend our stay in May, but at the moment the only rooms left available are pool view rooms. But if I look at the UK site it still gives me standard rooms available. Do you know if later on they will release more standard rooms or that's it? I really don't want to have to change room for 2 days

We are wanting to extend our stay in May, but at the moment the only rooms left available are pool view rooms. But if I look at the UK site it still gives me standard rooms available. Do you know if later on they will release more standard rooms or that's it? I really don't want to have to change room for 2 days

If the Standards allotted to UK guests don't completely sell out, they might release them here.

You are not misinformed. Jamaica 45 is our favorite location by far.

We have a King booked and plan to eat breakfast (fruit/cereal) in our room most mornings, so proximity to the Food Court isn't crucial. The waterviews of Jamaica 42 really appeal to me and I suspect the 2nd floor would be relatively quiet. What do you think of that location? I'm going to request a waterview, but I know there are no guarantees.

We have a King booked and plan to eat breakfast (fruit/cereal) in our room most mornings, so proximity to the Food Court isn't crucial. The waterviews of Jamaica 42 really appeal to me and I suspect the 2nd floor would be relatively quiet. What do you think of that location? I'm going to request a waterview, but I know there are no guarantees.

Only 1 King in each building has any type of water view and they are usually on the 1st floor, so your odds aren't good. But 42 would get you closer to the CBR Skyliner Station and yet still not a bad walk to OPR and the Main Feature Pool.

Only 1 King in each building has any type of water view and they are usually on the 1st floor, so your odds aren't good. But 42 would get you closer to the CBR Skyliner Station and yet still not a bad walk to OPR and the Main Feature Pool.

Well, shoot. Touring Plans says there are 32 King rooms in Jamaica 42!

Well, shoot. Touring Plans says there are 32 King rooms in Jamaica 42!

Yeah, that Touring Plans room finder tool is extremely inaccurate when it comes to room types, room amenities, etc. There are 16 King rooms in every building except in Trinidad where the Pirate Themed rooms are.

Yeah, that Touring Plans room finder tool is extremely inaccurate when it comes to room types, room amenities, etc. There are 16 King rooms in every building except in Trinidad where the Pirate Themed rooms are.

Well that's good to know. Thanks for the info.

I just switched our reservation from ASMo to CBR! I'm super excited to stay here for the first time. It's a short trip, so I know there really isn't going to be enough time to do everything I'm going to want to do. It's just my oldest DD and I for this trip. We are super excited to check out the gondolas for the first time as well.

Thank you!
Is there any way to see the locations of the Island Markets? Are they still open throughout the resort?

I was looking for the CBR thread then posted a new thread but will post here too! Dd really wants to stay in a pirate room next trip due to seeing a photo and we have always been curious about CBR because we like the theme. I have read reviews on tripadvisor of the pirate rooms being far away from amenities and in need of a refresh. Anyone here with insight? Also how likely is it that we could get a connecting room if the grandparents came too? Thank you!

The buses have been extremely successful in getting guests to DHS in plenty of time.
Is this true even with the 'one bus per hour' schedule? My concern is that if DHS opens at 7am, the line for the bus at 6:15am will be horrendous and not everyone will be able to get on. Then there will not be another bus for an hour. And Skyliner won't start running until 6:45am and then there is VERY LITTLE chance of getting a boarding group.

Is this true even with the 'one bus per hour' schedule? My concern is that if DHS opens at 7am, the line for the bus at 6:15am will be horrendous and not everyone will be able to get on. Then there will not be another bus for an hour. And Skyliner won't start running until 6:45am and then there is VERY LITTLE chance of getting a boarding group.
The ‘one bus per hour’ ONLY happens when the SkyLiner is running. The buses will be running like they always been when the SkyLiner isn’t running, so it should be exactly like it’s been before that change.

Also, if the SkyLiner goes down at any time during the day, they are supposed to increase the number of busses during those times.

Yes, it is. See @mikegood2 post above. The one detail everyone seemed to miss in the announcement was that the 1 bus every hour is only in affect when the Skyliner is running. We have family there now that have had zero issues getting to DHS early enough to get a good boarding group via bus this week.

Just back from our first stay at CBR and loved it. Requested a room near Skyliner and got Aruba 5523 - very close to the Riviera Station.
Pros: -
Skyliners - Amazing!
Lovely big room with large bathroom.
Beautiful resort with lovely theming
Sebastian's
Very relaxed and laid back feel to it.
CMs very friendly and helpful

Cons: -
Shower - took ages (like 15 minutes) for the water to run hot.
Noise in the room from the A/C unit and from other guests using the toilet during the night. Sound deadening appeared poor.

Were we unlucky in the noise/lack of hot water. Can't say we've noticed this in other resorts. Moved from there to SSR and it seemed so peaceful in comparison.

Mrs TT

I was looking for the CBR thread then posted a new thread but will post here too! Dd really wants to stay in a pirate room next trip due to seeing a photo and we have always been curious about CBR because we like the theme. I have read reviews on tripadvisor of the pirate rooms being far away from amenities and in need of a refresh. Anyone here with insight? Also how likely is it that we could get a connecting room if the grandparents came too? Thank you!

For us the theming of the resort and Pirate Rooms really add to the value and enjoyment of a WDW trip. PotC is our favorite ride and a fun movie series so there is a bit of a bias there. That said I would only book the rooms at some type of deal, not full rate.

They did a refresh to the rooms 3-4 years ago that improved the bedding and mattresses and upgraded the electronics and outlets. It is a bit of a walk to the main amenities but really isn't that bad. I feel many people are too dramatic about it. On the other side of things, Spyglass Grill and the Skyliner are short walks and a great bonus. There is a brilliantly located Joffery's location next to the Skyliner station too.

For us the theming of the resort and Pirate Rooms really add to the value and enjoyment of a WDW trip. PotC is our favorite ride and a fun movie series so there is a bit of a bias there. That said I would only book the rooms at some type of deal, not full rate.

They did a refresh to the rooms 3-4 years ago that improved the bedding and mattresses and upgraded the electronics and outlets. It is a bit of a walk to the main amenities but really isn't that bad. I feel many people are too dramatic about it. On the other side of things, Spyglass Grill and the Skyliner are short walks and a great bonus. There is a brilliantly located Joffery's location next to the Skyliner station too.
Great, thanks. We have no problem walking. We are from New England and like to hike, plus we enjoy being outside when we are down there as we are escaping the cold!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter