Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Not sure what time your reservation is for, or are you wanting to try and ride ROTR as well? I believe the skyliner is running from 9am to 8:30pm, so that might not leave you enough time. Would be the funnest way though, (in my opinion). You could take the skyliner to Epcot, (gets off very close to the YC), and then walk to HS from there.

We were looking at 7:30 breakfast reservations in order to have plenty of time to eat and then walk over to HS. So, we would definitely need to taxi or Uber, but that's not a big deal. We definitely want to be at HS as early as possible. It looks like people are able to line up to start getting into HS around 9am or so?

We were looking at 7:30 breakfast reservations in order to have plenty of time to eat and then walk over to HS. So, we would definitely need to taxi or Uber, but that's not a big deal. We definitely want to be at HS as early as possible. It looks like people are able to line up to start getting into HS around 9am or so?
Yes,walking over from Yacht Club will make you not "dependent' on Skyliner or car or Rideshare and will allow you to arrive at DHS earlier than the other options and you will be right there waiting when the park opens.

It is a 15-20 minute walk.

(Just a note-Skyliner does not start taking Guests FROM CBR to Epcot until 10:30 AM.)

For those of you who have been lately and have gotten to HS early, did you take the Skyliner or drive? If the Skyliner starts at 9 and we get in line around 8:30 would that be our best bet to be at HS early for a 10 AM opening? I read they are starting some rides 45 min early.

For those of you who have been lately and have gotten to HS early, did you take the Skyliner or drive? If the Skyliner starts at 9 and we get in line around 8:30 would that be our best bet to be at HS early for a 10 AM opening? I read they are starting some rides 45 min early.
I just got back last night. We took the Skyliner to HS on Tuesday and Thursday last week. We were in Martinique, so I allowed 15 minutes for the walk, but 10 min would have been sufficient. Arrived at the Skyliner around 8:20am, but looking at the line, 8:30am would have been fine. We arrived no later than 9:10am at HS both days. Waited for them to open temp check and bag check (both of which were super fast). We were in the first 10 groups of people at Slinky Dog both days. SD started at 9:45am both mornings. Had I not been wanting to be in an open area for ROTR drop, we would have had time to ride Toy Story Mania before 10am. We were able to get boarding passes for ROTR both days. Skyliner service was great and fast!

Thanks so much dandsdad and I must apologize, I know Jamaica 45 and Aruba 51 are recommended, I meant to include that in my post but forgot! (In fact you recomended them just two posts before mine!)
I think I have even stayed in one of those before, it must have been Jamaica 45 as it was a super short walk to the left (leaving the room) to get to the bridge.
I'm surprised Barbados is also prefered, well, not surprised, I just didn't know that.
Anyhow, I guess what I started thinking was we might very well prefer the restaurants in the Riviera over Old Port Royal, I might be wrong but for some reason seeing the new layout ... well, I kind of miss the old food court, oh and they used to have those good chili dogs, but no more :( Also, if we happen to visit during a cold spell, the pool might not be a big draw to my kids so I was thinking why not just stay closer to the Riviera?
Something like Aruba 55 would be really close to the north skyliner and close to the Riviera as well. And, when we do go swimming it's usually a several hour affair so don't mind the longer walk then. Oh, I know what else was maybe throwing my decision, is this time we probably won't be getting resort mugs. Hmmm, I guess pre covid and post renovation they did have the freestyle machines so a mute point.
We didn’t pay for a preferred room, but they placed us in Martinique. I had requested Jamaica, but Martinique had its advantages. I wouldn’t pay extra for a preferred location because honestly the resort is pretty easy to get around. If you want to go to Riviera from Jamaica or Trinidad, you could always hop on the Skyliner for a quick ride if you don’t want to walk. We were lucky with buses as well at the Martinique station.

We didn’t pay for a preferred room, but they placed us in Martinique. I had requested Jamaica, but Martinique had its advantages. I wouldn’t pay extra for a preferred location because honestly the resort is pretty easy to get around. If you want to go to Riviera from Jamaica or Trinidad, you could always hop on the Skyliner for a quick ride if you don’t want to walk. We were lucky with buses as well at the Martinique station.
Martinique is our favorite Island because of close proximity to both OPR and the Riviera Skyliner Station.

Had you booked King or Water View? Those can be in any section and are separate from the Preferred category.

I just got back last night. We took the Skyliner to HS on Tuesday and Thursday last week. We were in Martinique, so I allowed 15 minutes for the walk, but 10 min would have been sufficient. Arrived at the Skyliner around 8:20am, but looking at the line, 8:30am would have been fine. We arrived no later than 9:10am at HS both days. Waited for them to open temp check and bag check (both of which were super fast). We were in the first 10 groups of people at Slinky Dog both days. SD started at 9:45am both mornings. Had I not been wanting to be in an open area for ROTR drop, we would have had time to ride Toy Story Mania before 10am. We were able to get boarding passes for ROTR both days. Skyliner service was great and fast!
Thanks so much!!

We were at the Skyliner by 8:20ish and were 4th in line. At 8:55 they told us the skyliner was down and they were calling buses. We were on the first bus at 9:00 and we could see the long line of cars waiting to get in. We were in line for MMRR and they started running at 9:30 exactly. We were off the ride and wandering through GE with plenty of time to get a boarding group right at 10:00.

In our past trip over labor day I went on RotR 3 times total. Each time we got to the skyliner between 8:55 to 9:10 while I wanted to get their earlier i had a slow party :). All times got easily into the park before 9:30 and in line for something. Would recommend not doing MMRR unless you get there early early, Slinky dog was a much better wait and could do 2 rides before RotR queue opened up.

But yeah I am sold on Caribbean Beach for the Skliner. Seeing the backed up cars and traffic as you fly over the parking lot is amazing. It truly is the most magical flight on earth.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter