Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Thought exercise: while mourning the lack of CL, husband and I have decided to make the best of it and stock our own “lounge” in our resort room. My must haves are the beer fridge 🥳 and macarons. I would love to be able to add some treats from amorette’s and the ganachery. What would make your list of must-haves?

Mock CL offerings to have in-room:

Cappuccino. (this would take a miracle)
Magic juice.
Teas.
Mickey shaped sugars

Cereal / Milk / oatmeal / pastries
Wine, cheese, pita bread
Fruit and vegetables

Really, if they could just keep the beverages stocked and the cappuccino machine running, I would be just fine.

I think we are waiting for an 'official' announcement. TA's have posted things on fb but it is not 'official'.
Thank you! Just trying to follow as best I can--my meds make me dopey:) We have a trip still scheduled July 19th and had an email last night from Disney but it is still pretty vague---so was just curious if there was an official announcement yet on how they were handling club level reservations. Thank you so much for your response:)

To cancel, or not to cancel....that is the question. We are booked Contemporary, CL, with BB FD Aug 30-Sept 5. 🤞🤞🤞🤞

Gotcha. I'm canceling the trip. Will most likely do it this week so when 60 days roll around my reservation doesn't get in the way of others booking. I just can't seem to hit cancel lol
I had quite a few just in case reservations and still missed the boat. I cancelled them all, but left the one that has us checking out on....not kidding...7/11. I could’ve moved to a DVC the other day, but it’s all just too much and we decided to not go, but I just can’t hit cancel either. This was our second try and I’m exhausted.

If you are not compelled to make a quick decision, I would wait. Who knows what things will be like in another week or a month. Not enough information yet.
Right, especially if you either have flexibility with transportation (and getting time off). Our next trip was always going to be driving so as to visit family on the way, so I don't have to buy tickets or worry about cancellation rules.
I calculated that I have 75 days until my October ADRs will be bookable. I can wait and see what type of trip will actually be available. I'm most concerned about park reservations, ride waits if people are only seated every other row a la Shanghai, availability and waits for food, and then CL.
But ITA with @twinklebug that just keeping all the beverages available would go a long way. 😋

I said 6 hours ago that I am definitely canceling my BWI CL room for mid August. Then I just read an article on touring plans blog about how this might actually be a relaxing disney vacation bc of reduced lines etc.... it was a good article. Now I’m going to continue to hold on to my reservation. Following others decision making process in this thread has been so helpful too,

I had quite a few just in case reservations and still missed the boat. I cancelled them all, but left the one that has us checking out on....not kidding...7/11. I could’ve moved to a DVC the other day, but it’s all just too much and we decided to not go, but I just can’t hit cancel either. This was our second try and I’m exhausted.

It is stressful. I canceled the air already but can't seem to part with the WL. My kids don't want to go without fireworks and characters and the full Star Wars experience. We decided to redo our deck and have pavers put down instead of vacation. I know I need to cancel but I don't want to!

These sure are uncertain times. I had a split stay booked for April with four nights at the Grand Floridian and four nights are Royal Pacific. We moved our trip to August 21 and upgraded both hotels to club level. It would be our first time ever staying CL. I am soaking in the news as best I can and monitoring how the openings go before I make any call about our trip.

I was really disappointed to see Disney not opening until July because it gives me less time to see how those first few weeks go. On Friday, I booked a hotel only at Cabana Beach for the same nights as the Grand just to be prepared. Here's my question - how much time do I have to make the final call on Disney? How late are they allowing cancellations with full refund? What is the time frame for final payments?

Thanks for the feedback.

I was really disappointed to see Disney not opening until July because it gives me less time to see how those first few weeks go. On Friday, I booked a hotel only at Cabana Beach for the same nights as the Grand just to be prepared.

Do you mean Caribbean Beach Resort, the WDW moderate, like in case there's no CL for your deluxe reservations, or do you mean Cabana Bay Beach at Universal? I ask because I came here to see if any of you experienced CL folks have stayed CL at Universal's deluxe hotels, the three with Express Pass included in your price.
I'm embarrassed to say that one of my main questions is about the evening alcohol offerings. They say "beer and wine," but I want to know if any of the wine is sparkling. 😁🍾

Do you mean Caribbean Beach Resort, the WDW moderate, like in case there's no CL for your deluxe reservations, or do you mean Cabana Bay Beach at Universal? I ask because I came here to see if any of you experienced CL folks have stayed CL at Universal's deluxe hotels, the three with Express Pass included in your price.
I'm embarrassed to say that one of my main questions is about the evening alcohol offerings. They say "beer and wine," but I want to know if any of the wine is sparkling. 😁🍾

Sorry I wasn't too clear. If things at Disney are not running smoothly, I would cancel my GF reservation and move to a completely Universal trip - split stay Cabana Bay and Royal Pacific CL. I just wish I had more time to observe how the Disney opening plays out. When do I need to make a decision on my 8/21 trip?

Thank you - and the alcohol is important! It's a concern and a big money saver in the end.

I stayed at Portofino Bay a few years ago. The happy hour was very nice. A lot of food and there was an option of $6 simple mixed drinks in addition to the free beer and wine. I don't remember if there was sparkling.

I stayed at Portofino Bay a few years ago. The happy hour was very nice. A lot of food and there was an option of $6 simple mixed drinks in addition to the free beer and wine. I don't remember if there was sparkling.

Same here! Their CL was amazing! Always a hot dish for dinner, a hot side and vegetables. Full salad bar. Lots of extras including bagged snacks to take with you. Only thing that I hated was the limited time for beer/wine! What was it? Like 2 hours?? No bueno!

Same here! Their CL was amazing! Always a hot dish for dinner, a hot side and vegetables. Full salad bar. Lots of extras including bagged snacks to take with you. Only thing that I hated was the limited time for beer/wine! What was it? Like 2 hours?? No bueno!

Yes, they were so strict about the wine - 5 to 7 pm only or something. I asked once a little early, and was told no. I stayed there once, and overall it was just okay. Oldest is allergic to dairy, and they had very little he could safely eat (the parks at Universal also were no where near good as Disney with allergies, so it was a one and done trip there).

I like that at Disney or the Ritz, you can get a drink any time (and the Ritz can make you a mixed drink any time too).

Yes, the food was really good. And the salad choices were great. It was more of a meal than apps.

Yes, they were so strict about the wine - 5 to 7 pm only or something. I asked once a little early, and was told no. I stayed there once, and overall it was just okay. Oldest is allergic to dairy, and they had very little he could safely eat (the parks at Universal also were no where near good as Disney with allergies, so it was a one and done trip there).

I like that at Disney or the Ritz, you can get a drink any time (and the Ritz can make you a mixed drink any time too).

We had asked why, and I believe it was because of their liquor license limitations (or something along those lines.) The allergy food alternative for DS was pasta with butter every day for dinner, and the last two days that we were there, the person working there offered him other choices. Overall, we really enjoyed it, but we haven’t been back, bought DVC shortly after.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter