Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

We are checking in to the GF on August 4th as well. Our first time there at club level.

No way!! We are from Massachusetts and had originally made these for April school vacaction, I'm a Vice Principal at an elementary school. We will be traveling with my husband and 15 year old son. We are staying club level Sugar Loaf- hopefully.

Sorry but checked in means nothing. I’m checked in for my CSR CL stay on 6/22, as well as my Poly CL stay a few days later. Keep an eye out here as soon as there is any sort of official announcement it’ll land here fairly quickly :)

Fwiw ordering Magic Bands means nothing as well.

Sorry but I only worded "check in" to refer to the date of my possible vacation. We have over 60 days before our arrival date and Disney World is opening all parks on July 15th, so I'm hopeful. FWIW- CSR isn't a DVC resort.

Last edited:
Sorry but I only worded "check in" to refer to the date of my possible vacation. We have over 60 days before our arrival date and Disney World is opening all parks on July 15th, so I'm hopeful. FWIW- CSR isn't a DVC resort.
The only CL that is DVC at AKL. As of right now Disney is only opening DVC- DVC does not include the hotels. (And Jambo was not in the list priorities opening with DVC properties). For instance BCV will be open, BC will not. They may open some BC amenities for BCV guests.... I’m just saying don’t expect GF to be open just because the DVC property located at GF is. Once news breaks on what hotels they’ll open and when someone will post here as the entire Disney blogosphere will blow up with the info like it did when ADRs and FPs were cancelled. (hopefully you will know soon! Fingers crossed for all of you with trips in the next couple months!!)

Got my updated August reservation this morning with the recovery dining offer removed and the discount added. Still waiting to be able to modify this trip and move it to next April. My family decided we'd rather wait until there's the potential of more things we wanted to be available.

The only CL that is DVC at AKL. As of right now Disney is only opening DVC- DVC does not include the hotels. (And Jambo was not in the list priorities opening with DVC properties). For instance BCV will be open, BC will not. They may open some BC amenities for BCV guests.... I’m just saying don’t expect GF to be open just because the DVC property located at GF is. Once news breaks on what hotels they’ll open and when someone will post here as the entire Disney blogosphere will blow up with the info like it did when ADRs and FPs were cancelled. (hopefully you will know soon! Fingers crossed for all of you with trips in the next couple months!!)
I'd actually expect the opposite. It will be easier for Disney to open up the hotel portion of BC for example than to open another stand alone hotel. There is also no evidence showing every single non DVC reservation being canceled post the opening date so I'm not sure how they would have these guests if they only open the DVC portions of resorts when DVC owners already have a majority of those rooms already reserved.

I'd actually expect the opposite. It will be easier for Disney to open up the hotel portion of BC for example than to open another stand alone hotel. There is also no evidence showing every single non DVC reservation being canceled post the opening date so I'm not sure how they would have these guests if they only open the DVC portions of resorts when DVC owners already have a majority of those rooms already reserved.
While I concur- it's just unknown how everything will be handled, there are a million speculative ideas being floated on the rumor board if people want to delve into them. Alas there is nothing concrete at this point aside from DVC and FW are opening. Nothing else has an opening date. I just want to make sure folks here aren't pinning expectations on their hotel being open just because DVC at the property is open.

Last edited:

Got my updated August reservation this morning with the recovery dining offer removed and the discount added. Still waiting to be able to modify this trip and move it to next April. My family decided we'd rather wait until there's the potential of more things we wanted to be available.
Do you know if you can apply your discount to a future trip if you chose to cancel this one?

Well, DVC Member Services has no clue regarding Club Level at AKL and they've taken booking of Jambo House offline until December, so who knows what is going on with the whole thing now. I thought maybe they would have some information as well, but that side of the system is beyond clueless about all things CL at this time (to be fair, it's only five rooms in the whole DVC booking system, so that's fair).

I sort of feel like we are back to square one of not knowing about CL. This is so discouraging!

We have a club level stay at Jambo house for September 13-16 (part of a split stay). I was checking on my reservations today to see the new price with my dining plan changes (first 6 days had free dining and we had added dining to the other parts).

Anyhow, my reservation now says--

Disney Resort Hotel Package
Room Type: Savanna View

I went back to my confirmation which says--

Savanna View - Club Level Access

I can't say that I remember ever seeing it say that on MDE/My Plans though. Should it say that there too? Is it now gone from my reservation? I haven't gotten an email update for that part of my stay...or for the first leg, strangely only for the last part. It seems (hard to totally tease out) that the price change only accounts for the removal of the dining plan (yeah yeah, not gonna justify why I had added it at Club Level, but I did).

We have a club level stay at Jambo house for September 13-16 (part of a split stay). I was checking on my reservations today to see the new price with my dining plan changes (first 6 days had free dining and we had added dining to the other parts).

I can't say that I remember ever seeing it say that on MDE/My Plans though. Should it say that there too? Is it now gone from my reservation? I haven't gotten an email update for that part of my stay...or for the first leg, strangely only for the last part. It seems (hard to totally tease out) that the price change only accounts for the removal of the dining plan (yeah yeah, not gonna justify why I had added it at Club Level, but I did).

It should say - Room Type: Savanna View - Club Level Access - in your MDE/My Plans also.

I don’t know if this has been discussed as I have not read through very much of this thread, but someone posted an email the other day from their TA that had information about club level and it sounded like the wording was coming from Disney. It said “club level services will not be available. The upgrade to this category would be credited towards your reservation”. I’m wondering if they removed mention of the club level from your reservation as there will basically be no club level (at least for a little while). In reality the rooms aren’t any different so they may have just retitled your reservation as a standard room with the anticipation of charging you the standard rate. Again, this was an email from a TA so it may not be completely accurate, but honestly it makes sense. Concierge services won’t be very valuable right now with FPs gone. You also can’t get extra FPs and if there are no food options then there is no reason to offer club level. But it’s strange that haven’t emailed club level people directly 🤔

The 35% off that is being offered to guests who are having their free dining plan eliminated is only applicable to the existing dates of the reservation. As of now, it is not applicable to a future new or modified reservation.

I don’t know if this has been discussed as I have not read through very much of this thread, but someone posted an email the other day from their TA that had information about club level and it sounded like the wording was coming from Disney. It said “club level services will not be available. The upgrade to this category would be credited towards your reservation”. I’m wondering if they removed mention of the club level from your reservation as there will basically be no club level (at least for a little while). In reality the rooms aren’t any different so they may have just retitled your reservation as a standard room with the anticipation of charging you the standard rate. Again, this was an email from a TA so it may not be completely accurate, but honestly it makes sense. Concierge services won’t be very valuable right now with FPs gone. You also can’t get extra FPs and if there are no food options then there is no reason to offer club level. But it’s strange that haven’t emailed club level people directly 🤔

Yes I have heard that rumor....so my reservation should say club level in MDE/My Plans? I never looked before so I don't know if it has "disappeared" or was never there to begin with.

Yes I have heard that rumor....so my reservation should say club level in MDE/My Plans? I never looked before so I don't know if it has "disappeared" or was never there to begin with.

We have a split stay for August with two club level rooms and I just checked in the app and ours still says Club Level for both. I am sure it will change because I can't imagine they will have club level in August.

Yes. It should say club level, but it’s usually hidden. I think you have to expand the reservation by pushing “details” (or some wording). If you are just on the main part of the reservations in MDE it often just has generic info. For example - I have a CC cabin reservation for November and an regular room. On the main page they are indistinguishable. I have to expand the reservation to see which is the room and which is the cabin. If you’ve done that and it doesn’t say club level access, it’s possible it was removed!

Well, DVC Member Services has no clue regarding Club Level at AKL and they've taken booking of Jambo House offline until December, so who knows what is going on with the whole thing now. I thought maybe they would have some information as well, but that side of the system is beyond clueless about all things CL at this time (to be fair, it's only five rooms in the whole DVC booking system, so that's fair).

I sort of feel like we are back to square one of not knowing about CL. This is so discouraging!
Keeping an eye on my DVC-CL reservations for December (they're broken into seperate dates and I needed to call to have them stitched together). Got a repeat text message from Disney out of the blue yesterday re-iterating that things have changed with my room, but when I look it all seems the same.

If they change my reservation on me, so help me I'll bring out Mr. Angry Eyes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter