Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Does anyone know when/if Club Level will be brought back? We moved our May 2020 BC CL to May 2021 BC CL (did the change at the end of April). Do you guys think this reservation will be changed as well, or have they only stopped CL for 2020? I’m very surprised that they are making such big changes for so far into the future when the pandemic trajectory could very well change later this year— possibly improve.

I don't think anyone has an answer to that yet, even, probably WDW. This situation is so fluid. It's very possible that even if they remove CL temporarily for 2020 or part of 2020 that your 2021 reservation will be ok. The only thing any of us can do is wait to see what happens, unfortunately, as we have no other info as of now. I have GF-RPC booked for November and that is still intact - for now.

Yeah you would think there would be something somewhere if it was intentional. They can tell the modification happened while reservations were closed so at least they know I didn't do it!

We have segued into soarin now so that's good anyhow!

I wonder if they can see who made the change?

I wonder if they can see who made the change?

If they can, they aren't saying LOL!

waited almost exactly 30 mins and found out.....nothing. Well, after researching, they did give me the name of the person I spoke to yesterday and said that she is still working on it. They said something to the effect that she needed to figure everything out so she could get the change to fix it approved because they can't make any changes themselves. So that was encouraging...made it sound like operator error and something fixable not something that will be policy.

Again, I will keep you posted!

Can they change a DVC club level reservation? Is that allowed in our contract? How would that work? Do they just lower the points that you spent? I have DVC CL booked for August. Partly with 2018 banked points and partly with 2019 points. It took me forever to put together that reservation, starting at 11 months out. Booked it one night at a time, with waitlists and by stalking the DVC website for months. I don't really want the points credited back to me if they do indeed change my room category because I can't use the banked points in time. And the only reason I'm staying at AKL is for the club level. Otherwise I would have moved to a different resort at 7 months. Can I borrow your angry eyes?!

I’ve been trying to find out the answer to this for days now. We have four CL reservations on the books at AKL between now and December. They have absolutely no clue what the situation is with either CL in general or Jambo being pulled entirely from inventory until January (check the DVC forum for that thread if you’re interested). I did post an update on this thread about what I was told by guest services regarding CL a couple of days ago, but that is not official information and nothing has been decided or announced.

Yes, they could absolutely downgrade us both to a regular room at AKV and refund the point difference, our contracts do not guarantee any amenities such as CL.

I’ve been trying to find out the answer to this for days now. We have four CL reservations on the books at AKL between now and December. They have absolutely no clue what the situation is with either CL in general or Jambo being pulled entirely from inventory until January (check the DVC forum for that thread if you’re interested). I did post an update on this thread about what I was told by guest services regarding CL a couple of days ago, but that is not official information and nothing has been decided or announced.

Yes, they could absolutely downgrade us both to a regular room at AKV and refund the point difference, our contracts do not guarantee any amenities such as CL.

Just read the Jambo thread. Very interesting! I'd be highly annoyed if they just moved me to a different (lower) room category. Refunding me the points is useless, because I cannot travel again before they expire. CL is a bookable category, just like "savannah view" or "boardwalk view" or "lake view", or "two bedroom lockoff", etc. If I had a theme park view at BLT booked, and for some reason they had to take the room out of inventory (unexpected repair or something), I would imagine that they would offer at least an equivalent accommodation if not a better one. Moving people from CL Jambo to a regular room at Kidani is a double downgrade, IMO. (It's a lesser room type and a lesser resort). There are only 4 or 5 CL DVC rooms in the entire DVC system, so with the thousands of rooms in their inventory I am hopeful they can offer something to the few families it will affect if CL is indeed closed.

Well, it appears the NBA season will resume in late July at Disney World, with the players likely staying at Coronado Springs. I have a couple of Club Level stay reservations at the Coronado in early August, so be interesting to see what Disney will be doing about my stays. Lots of people in the same boat as me, obviously.

Well, it appears the NBA season will resume in late July at Disney World, with the players likely staying at Coronado Springs. I have a couple of Club Level stay reservations at the Coronado in early August, so be interesting to see what Disney will be doing about my stays. Lots of people in the same boat as me, obviously.

Same. Mid August stay though. We've been on the fence to cancel lately with all the changes but recently decided to ride it out. I sure hope they don't cancel us now. We've had this booked since last August.

Also same. I’m totally bummed. We LOVE the tower :(

For anyone who is still following along with my getting dropped from CL at ALK in September.....I waited on hold again today to speak with reservations who again spoke with guest services...and they say they are still waiting for a response from higher up and promise me an email when they have answers/a fix for me. sigh....

For anyone who is still following along with my getting dropped from CL at ALK in September.....I waited on hold again today to speak with reservations who again spoke with guest services...and they say they are still waiting for a response from higher up and promise me an email when they have answers/a fix for me. sigh....

I’m sorry you’re dealing with this. I hope they make it right.:flower:

I’m sorry you’re dealing with this. I hope they make it right.:flower:

Thank you! I hope so too! It a little alarming when I speak to reservations first and they can't see anything except no club level, but every time they "kick it upstairs" they can see that I used to have it, and I have a name so that's good I guess LOL

Thank you! I hope so too! It a little alarming when I speak to reservations first and they can't see anything except no club level, but every time they "kick it upstairs" they can see that I used to have it, and I have a name so that's good I guess LOL

Well that’s a good sign! Hopefully they can see where things went wrong and can easily fix it!! Keeping my fingers crossed for you! 🤞🏻🤞🏻

So, I had booked 3 Bounceback Free Dining packages last year. Why 3? Because I wasn't sure if we wanted to visit once or twice, and which dates, and you can't add Bouncebacks after your leave and it's sometimes hard to modify Bouncebacks based on availability, etc. (don't judge, LOL!).

Anyway, I have a July, September and December (holiday) package reservations that had room, tickets and DDP. The July was the first one to be modified to drop off the dining and apply the 35% off room discount in lieu of free dining. Then, the September one was modified.

My December reservation was for Club Level at Gran Destino (CSR). Well that one just got modified too to drop out the dining plan. What is interesting is that my CL Standard View Tower room just got downgraded to a Standard room. Yeah, not even in the Tower, LOL.

I know there has been a lot of speculation about whether CL will continue or not and why some still show CL in their reservations and some do not. What we heard from some large travel agencies is that CL is discontinued and the CL reservations will be modified to regular rooms. All of these is being done manually and they are starting with those of us that had dining plans because they have to drop off the dining plan. The PP that had CL dropped off AKL also had the dining plan. These will be the first to be modified.

Note that I have not received any communication that CL is not taking place, etc., just a new confirmation. What is annoying is that they didn't even modify to a similar Tower room without CL, but to the standard room.

I know this is not what we want to hear in these boards. I was thinking that maybe they would not modify the December reservations yet. But, it does seem they are modifying all of 2020.

So, I had booked 3 Bounceback Free Dining packages last year. Why 3? Because I wasn't sure if we wanted to visit once or twice, and which dates, and you can't add Bouncebacks after your leave and it's sometimes hard to modify Bouncebacks based on availability, etc. (don't judge, LOL!).

Anyway, I have a July, September and December (holiday) package reservations that had room, tickets and DDP. The July was the first one to be modified to drop off the dining and apply the 35% off room discount in lieu of free dining. Then, the September one was modified.

My December reservation was for Club Level at Gran Destino (CSR). Well that one just got modified too to drop out the dining plan. What is interesting is that my CL Standard View Tower room just got downgraded to a Standard room. Yeah, not even in the Tower, LOL.

I know there has been a lot of speculation about whether CL will continue or not and why some still show CL in their reservations and some do not. What we heard from some large travel agencies is that CL is discontinued and the CL reservations will be modified to regular rooms. All of these is being done manually and they are starting with those of us that had dining plans because they have to drop off the dining plan. The PP that had CL dropped off AKL also had the dining plan. These will be the first to be modified.

Note that I have not received any communication that CL is not taking place, etc., just a new confirmation. What is annoying is that they didn't even modify to a similar Tower room without CL, but to the standard room.

I know this is not what we want to hear in these boards. I was thinking that maybe they would not modify the December reservations yet. But, it does seem they are modifying all of 2020.
I have a CL room booked for both October and December at the Boardwalk Inn. They are both still showing on MDE as CL . My son has one booked in October also, but with the dinning plan. His still shows CL, but has the DP removed. We are probably going to cancel the October trip, but I am going to keep my December trip for now.

I am really surprised they did that to your December reservation. Disney's lack of communication through this entire process has been very disappointing (and my DD is a CM - they know less than we do here on the Boards :sad2:)

All of these is being done manually and they are starting with those of us that had dining plans because they have to drop off the dining plan. The PP that had CL dropped off AKL also had the dining plan. These will be the first to be modified.

This makes sense and was what I had wondered might be happening...thank goodness they didn't drop my room to standard, I still have savannah view...BUT why can't they just tell me that when I have spend several hours talking to them both in chat and on the phone? No one can do that, that's the frustrating part.

I honestly haven't even gotten a new confirmation either--I have a split stay and have only gotten my new confirmation from one of the three stays....though they have all been modified in MDE.

I have a CL room booked for both October and December at the Boardwalk Inn. They are both still showing on MDE as CL . My son has one booked in October also, but with the dinning plan. His still shows CL, but has the DP removed. We are probably going to cancel the October trip, but I am going to keep my December trip for now.

See now your son was in the same situation as me and @vinotinto free dining and club level, dropped off the free dining but left the club level. So....what gives? And that is between our stays, in October when mine is September and Vinotinto is December. Are you going to contact them about your downgrade vinotinto?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts