Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Well, Chewey, they loved both pools, but I think the splash area at GF won them over! LOL Now I have to see if our family wants to switch (we travel with the same family every year and YC was their choice). I'll keep you guys posted once I speak to them... Thanks for asking. :darth:

Good luck! :wizard:

So I'm a little hesitant to share this story but it has been top of mind given this whole dog discussion here and on other threads.

At GF SL in April, a guest on the first floor had what I'm assuming was a service dog. We saw the dog a handful of times during our stay coming in/out of the room (it was the first room by the elevator so pretty visible in our daily comings/goings), in the lounge, and around the GF grounds. Seemed like this guest was a GF regular, or very good friends with the CMs, or both, so we mainly saw her and dog in/around the CM desk (which at SL is in the middle of the lounge).

Frankly I wouldn't have thought twice about the dog - certainly not my place to make any sort of assessment on need/purpose and I know dogs can be critical to many people. However, it was hard to ignore the fact that this particular dog wasn't exactly the "quiet / out of the way" service animal type. It was a bit hyper, would eat crumbs off the lounge floor, the owner was happy to let anyone pet her. It was a cute little white fur ball of a dog.

The dog's presence ultimately didn't impact us much at all, other than a few times where I needed to watch DD2 as she kept wanting to go pet it (still trying to teach her the proper way to approach a dog). Although I'd by lying if I said I wasn't slightly annoyed at the time because I didn't think the lounge was really an appropriate place for a dog with this personality. But then I found myself questioning if that was even the appropriate response on my part because, again, I have no clue about that person's needs and the dog's purpose. Found myself totally conflicted frankly. :confused3

I admit, part of me was being judgy, part of me was trying to be open minded, and part of me said to just mind my own business. :-)

Certainly the CMs said nothing - they were front and center petting the dog at times.

Anyway - not sure the point of this story other than to just relay a somewhat random, isolated dog/CL experience. Our encounters with this dog certainly weren’t constant, just occasional during our stay. I could have 100 more CL stays and probably never see another service animal again!

Hope this isn't a controversial post, it's really just meant to relay an experience.

What do y’all think?

So I'm a little hesitant to share this story but it has been top of mind given this whole dog discussion here and on other threads.

At GF SL in April, a guest on the first floor had what I'm assuming was a service dog. We saw the dog a handful of times during our stay coming in/out of the room (it was the first room by the elevator so pretty visible in our daily comings/goings), in the lounge, and around the GF grounds. Seemed like this guest was a GF regular, or very good friends with the CMs, or both, so we mainly saw her and dog in/around the CM desk (which at SL is in the middle of the lounge).

Frankly I wouldn't have thought twice about the dog - certainly not my place to make any sort of assessment on need/purpose and I know dogs can be critical to many people. However, it was hard to ignore the fact that this particular dog wasn't exactly the "quiet / out of the way" service animal type. It was a bit hyper, would eat crumbs off the lounge floor, the owner was happy to let anyone pet her. It was a cute little white fur ball of a dog.

The dog's presence ultimately didn't impact us much at all, other than a few times where I needed to watch DD2 as she kept wanting to go pet it (still trying to teach her the proper way to approach a dog). Although I'd by lying if I said I wasn't slightly annoyed at the time because I didn't think the lounge was really an appropriate place for a dog with this personality. But then I found myself questioning if that was even the appropriate response on my part because, again, I have no clue about that person's needs and the dog's purpose. Found myself totally conflicted frankly. :confused3

I admit, part of me was being judgy, part of me was trying to be open minded, and part of me said to just mind my own business. :-)

Certainly the CMs said nothing - they were front and center petting the dog at times.

Anyway - not sure the point of this story other than to just relay a somewhat random, isolated dog/CL experience. Our encounters with this dog certainly weren’t constant, just occasional during our stay. I could have 100 more CL stays and probably never see another service animal again!

Hope this isn't a controversial post, it's really just meant to relay an experience.

What do y’all think?

Definitely not controversial. I think I’d feel the exact same way. I’d probably be uncomfortable with the dog in the lounge - but at the same time, I probably wouldn’t have said anything because I wouldn’t have wanted to offend anyone. I would think it wouldn’t be appropriate for the dog to be in the lounge for sanitary reasons - but again, we don’t know what type of service the dog was providing so it’s hard to comment.

Ssssooo... you stayed SL in April?! Can you please tell me the evening offerings? Were there waffles any mornings? Don’t hold back on me!! :darth: I remember you saying you didn’t love SL, but I’d appreciate your feedback! :teeth:

What do y’all think?
FWIW I would have had the EXACT same reaction. There's really nothing that you can do, and is it even okay to be upset? Lots to process now that I'm trying to process it. If the dog was (repeatedly this is- once is a mistake, lapse in control, whatever) coming up to me, sniffing me and/or barking then I would have quietly brought it up with a CL CM that the d. If it happened again I would have requested a manger. It sounds like in your case the dog was not a problem, just created a weird feeling situation. Service dogs are for so many things I don't think I could name 5% of what they can do, some are fine to pet, others are not. I come down to: if the dog isn't creating a problem I won't have a problem. Sleeping in the same room that repeatedly hosts dogs is an entirely different issue.
ETA: I feel I need to add this for some reason... I'm sure Disney has to tread so lightly in the service animal vs. liar with a pet area (yep- I've got one of those friends who 100% does not need her "emotional support dog" but got her doc to write the letter because she wanted the benefits but I also know full well their are people who 100% need their dog). I assume every dog I see is a fully needed service animal and that Disney would kick them out if they found out otherwise. Bad behavior by the dog would prove otherwise but it's Disney's job to take care of it, not mine.

Last edited:

What do y’all think?

Replying to this specific instance: Honestly, the CMs shouldn't be petting the dog and then doing all the service required in the lounge such as replacing food and utensils. It's just unsanitary.

Ssssooo... you stayed SL in April?! Can you please tell me the evening offerings? Were there waffles any mornings? Don’t hold back on me!! :darth: I remember you saying you didn’t love SL, but I’d appreciate your feedback! :teeth:

Yep, we did a split GF SL/CR stay this past spring break. Here are my posts from then... hope I didn’t say anything too negative! :littleangel::littleangel::littleangel:

GF SL April 2017 - Room

GF SL April 2017 - Food

Some of those posts aren’t back to back so you have to across a bit.

I have mixed emotions about both times I’ve stayed at GF (one RPC, one SL). I didn’t leave loving either one, but then as time passes I find myself wanting to go back. It’s the dang lobby smell - there’s something addicting in it.

To me, GF is a GREAT resort overall - love the pools, splash pad, grounds. I particularly like how the courtyard pool is a totally valid/usable second pool, which frankly we tend to like more than the main pool.

We did have Mickey Waffles one morning. At the time a chef station was rotating between RPC and SL during certain days/services. I think this is still continuing from what I’ve read around here.

Hope that helps, I’m happy to elaborate on anything if needed!

Has anyone had any issues using CL lounge til closing your day of checking out - for a split stay in the same resort when moving to a non-CL room? Won't my MB be updated to reflect the new non-CL reservation - therefore not allowing me to use it to access CL? Thanks!

FWIW I would have had the EXACT same reaction. There's really nothing that you can do, and is it even okay to be upset? Lots to process now that I'm trying to process it. If the dog was (repeatedly this is- once is a mistake, lapse in control, whatever) coming up to me, sniffing me and/or barking then I would have quietly brought it up with a CL CM that the d. If it happened again I would have requested a manger. It sounds like in your case the dog was not a problem, just created a weird feeling situation. Service dogs are for so many things I don't think I could name 5% of what they can do, some are fine to pet, others are not. I come down to: if the dog isn't creating a problem I won't have a problem. Sleeping in the same room that repeatedly hosts dogs is an entirely different issue.
ETA: I feel I need to add this for some reason... I'm sure Disney has to tread so lightly in the service animal vs. liar with a pet area (yep- I've got one of those friends who 100% does not need her "emotional support dog" but got her doc to write the letter because she wanted the benefits but I also know full well their are people who 100% need their dog). I assume every dog I see is a fully needed service animal and that Disney would kick them out if they found out otherwise. Bad behavior by the dog would prove otherwise but it's Disney's job to take care of it, not mine.

Thanks for the note. You hit it on the head for me - it “just created a weird feeling situation.”

In my case, I pondered saying something to a CM or manager, but it’s not really in my nature to complain unless it’s something truly intolerable and I never quite got to that point. Also since this person appeared to be quite friendly with the CMs to begin with, that may have played a role as well. :-) But ultimately since I wasn’t even sure of my own feelings, I pretty much let it go.

I do agree Disney is in a tough spot in certain situations these days.

Replying to this specific instance: Honestly, the CMs shouldn't be petting the dog and then doing all the service required in the lounge such as replacing food and utensils. It's just unsanitary.

Totally agree. In fairness, I wasn’t sitting there inventorying if the CMs in question were food or desk CMs. With SL you kind of have both types right there in/around the lounge. Those around the dog could have easily been the desk CMs, in this instance, so just not sure. :confused3 Although if any of them were I’d hope that proper hand washing in the back would be in order, like I hope it is under normal conditions! :-)

Yep, we did a split GF SL/CR stay this past spring break. Here are my posts from then... hope I didn’t say anything too negative! :littleangel::littleangel::littleangel:

GF SL April 2017 - Room

GF SL April 2017 - Food

Some of those posts aren’t back to back so you have to across a bit.

I have mixed emotions about both times I’ve stayed at GF (one RPC, one SL). I didn’t leave loving either one, but then as time passes I find myself wanting to go back. It’s the dang lobby smell - there’s something addicting in it.

To me, GF is a GREAT resort overall - love the pools, splash pad, grounds. I particularly like how the courtyard pool is a totally valid/usable second pool, which frankly we tend to like more than the main pool.

We did have Mickey Waffles one morning. At the time a chef station was rotating between RPC and SL during certain days/services. I think this is still continuing from what I’ve read around here.

Hope that helps, I’m happy to elaborate on anything if needed!

Thank you VERY much!! Pictures are great! Looks like a lot of food! I do love lobbies, I feel like they’re part of the experience!! (That’s why I’m in love with the Lodge!)
So, the Disney booking site has been down all day - finally came back up and I don’t see SL availability anymore :guilty: I’m not going to give up hope, I still haven’t heard back from our family anyway... but if they say they’re ok with switching, I’m stalking the booking site!!! :darth: I’m getting too old for all this stress!! :scared: :rolleyes:

I received a response today to my direct question as to whether dogs would be allowed in the CL rooms at the YC - the answer was that as the resort is designated as pet friendly then there is no guarantee that a dog will not have stayed in any of the CL rooms. The reply did say that the aim was to have certain sections of the hotel as 'pet friendly' but that they could not guarantee that the CL rooms especially in peak season would not be used.

I love the YC but won't chance staying as long as this policy is in place as I have a real phobia of dogs. I hope that Disney doesn't extend it further.

What do y’all think?

Kudos to you and for the record DH and I would have and have acted the same way. Since DH is an airline pilot he sees everyday really good service dogs and those that he and the crew question (jumping, interactive with people etc). Because of ADA laws and letters from doctors on emotional assistance pets, airlines and hotels hands are tied so to speak. there is a movement to get a federal or state registry for these animals. I know it is a situation that has to be frustrating for those that have legitimate needs for service animals

Last edited:

What do y’all think?

Not controversial at all.

I personally have been trying to wrap my brain around the responses of guests who are so angry because there is a phobia in their party. I don't understand how having dogs on property would be any different than encountering a dog in everyday life? I guess to each their own and as a dog lover I just don't get it.

I DO however understand the allergy concerns.

Not controversial at all.

I personally have been trying to wrap my brain around the responses of guests who are so angry because there is a phobia in their party. I don't understand how having dogs on property would be any different than encountering a dog in everyday life? I guess to each their own and as a dog lover I just don't get it.

I DO however understand the allergy concerns.
Well, Disney is not 'everyday life'. I have pets and when I go on vacation, I also take a vacation from the daily responsibilities of pet care. I do not want to hear dogs barking on my vacation. I do not want dogs running up to me, even if they are friendly. I love dogs, but everyone needs a break sometimes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter