Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Well, Chewey, they loved both pools, but I think the splash area at GF won them over! LOL Now I have to see if our family wants to switch (we travel with the same family every year and YC was their choice). I'll keep you guys posted once I speak to them... Thanks for asking. :darth:

I didn't even think to mention the splash pad area, not realizing your kids were small, but I have to say it's the coolest one I've ever seen. I wish it was there back when my DD was little and we stayed at the GF. Now we just look at it and wish it was there years ago. I hope you have a great time there. :)

I didn't even think to mention the splash pad area, not realizing your kids were small, but I have to say it's the coolest one I've ever seen. I wish it was there back when my DD was little and we stayed at the GF. Now we just look at it and wish it was there years ago. I hope you have a great time there. :)

Thanks so much!! They made me watch every video on YouTube showing the splash area!! LOL It does look like a lot of fun and it has a beautiful view from it! We visit the GF every year to see the Christmas Tree and Gingerbread house (and eat at Narcoosees - my favorite!!!!), so it will be SO special to be able to sit in the lobby and just hang out and not have to leave!!

Sooo... just wanted to update you and let you know everyone is on board to move to GF! I have one foot out the door...

May I ask - is it true that if you stay in a suite in SL you will have access to both lounges? Thanks!
Nice move. Voting with your wallet. I hope you tell them why too.

Well, Disney is not 'everyday life'. I have pets and when I go on vacation, I also take a vacation from the daily responsibilities of pet care. I do not want to hear dogs barking on my vacation. I do not want dogs running up to me, even if they are friendly. I love dogs, but everyone needs a break sometimes.

I understand this aspect as well, not the hysteria around it though.

However...I was specifically talking about those with fears, what happens when they encounter a dog in every day life?

At this point I'm merely curious because like I said, I don't understand the emotional reaction (some people are extremely angry) that I am seeing on the boards surrounding this.

However...I was specifically talking about those with fears, what happens when they encounter a dog in every day life?

At this point I'm merely curious because like I said, I don't understand the emotional reaction (some people are extremely angry) that I am seeing on the boards surrounding this.

In real life, I'm sure they do their best to stay as far away as possible from a dog.

Think about a real fear you have and then think about what you would do if you were forced to confront it at close range. What if you were afraid of something and had taken pains to avoid it and then someone tells you guess what, you are going to have to confront it right now. Some people may not be ready and they respond in an emotional way. Someone may have had a traumatic incident with a dog in their past. We don't know.

These fears are real and finding out that a formerly dog-free 'safe place' like Disney will be allowing dogs can cause an emotional and/or angry reaction in response to that.

Thanks so much!! They made me watch every video on YouTube showing the splash area!! LOL It does look like a lot of fun and it has a beautiful view from it! We visit the GF every year to see the Christmas Tree and Gingerbread house (and eat at Narcoosees - my favorite!!!!), so it will be SO special to be able to sit in the lobby and just hang out and not have to leave!!
I'm excited for you! My daughter doesn't know how to swim properly yet and will be a smidge above 3 when we go, so I think she's going to love that Splash Pad.

Is the water around the playground just an inch or two deep?

It’s more than an inch or two, but it’s not enough to swim. Maybe 8-12ish inches at the deepest point (totally guesssing at that BTW).

Since I also have a 3 year old, I do like this one a bit better than, say, Poly, which has crazy deep parts that are out of direct eye shot. The GF one is much better for the parents from a stress factor! :-)

Well, I haven't noted hysteria. I don't have dog fears, I just don't like it when dogs I don't know approach me. I keep my distance.
Recently (not at Disney) I was waiting for an elevator and a dog (on a leash) came right up from behind me and started rubbing his nose on my knee. I was quiet, waited for the owner to stop talking about how cute it was and move her dog away.
Not the end of the world, I patiently waited, I just would prefer not to have unknown pets in my space.

I am hoping the Yacht Club will be pet free again one day. If it's not, that's life. I won't stay there again. I just wish that WDW gave more notice of their new plans.
And I will add I always have been and will continue to be fully supportive of service animals.

Now, back to the subject of CL stays. We changed our YC/BWI split to BWI, and dropped a day. It's always fun for me to have something booked. So, Oct 2018 we'll be back! :beach:

I’m not crazy about dogs, they make me uncomfortable and I do my best to avoid them. If I see dogs at a park I’ll leave, if I see one walking towards me I might turn a corner.

It isn’t a phobia, they just make me anxious. So if I avoid them in my everyday life why wouldn’t I try to avoid them on vacation? I’m certainly not going to stay at a hotel still figuring out the kinks of having dogs stay there.

I personally like the idea of Disney having a hotel that accepts pets, I totally get that dogs are like family to some people and they want to bring them on vacation, but it isn’t a hotel I’ll be staying at. I was a little bummed to head about AoA because we had always planned to stay there, but that’s life.

I asked the YC CL concierge if dogs were allowed on the floor and they said yes they just can't go in the lounge. They are welcome in any room at the YC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter