Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Has anyone found out the answer to the missing "Boardwalk View" club level at the BWI? The booking page still doesn't list any different booking for boardwalk view just the standard view and the Deluxe rooms. I chatted on the chat line with a CM when I was looking to book and they were totally clueless. I was told that only the deluxe rooms had a boardwalk view and the rest of the rooms were garden view. OK so I contacted the Signature Services and spoke with a CM who at least understood what I was talking about as she had stayed at the BWI CL before. She wasn't sure what the change of booking meant but she did put a request in for me for a boardwalk view even though we booked a standard view. I checked booking for several different dates and it never shows a boardwalk booking, just standard and deluxe. I will definitely ask when we get to the BWI CL in just 11 days!!

Has anyone found out the answer to the missing "Boardwalk View" club level at the BWI? The booking page still doesn't list any different booking for boardwalk view just the standard view and the Deluxe rooms. I chatted on the chat line with a CM when I was looking to book and they were totally clueless. I was told that only the deluxe rooms had a boardwalk view and the rest of the rooms were garden view. OK so I contacted the Signature Services and spoke with a CM who at least understood what I was talking about as she had stayed at the BWI CL before. She wasn't sure what the change of booking meant but she did put a request in for me for a boardwalk view even though we booked a standard view. I checked booking for several different dates and it never shows a boardwalk booking, just standard and deluxe. I will definitely ask when we get to the BWI CL in just 11 days!!
I booked our holiday 2018 stay in early Nov 2017. One of the first things I noticed was that the Boardwalk view was showing unavailable, even that far out. Then, the option disappeared. I am hoping they went back to how they used to book.

If you get a chance to ask the CL CM's about this I'm sure any info will be appreciated by the folks on this thread.
11 days out! Lucky you! Wishing you a wonderful vacation! :beach:

Hello Disboards. I have been off here for a while and really miss it. When we got back from our last trip in August 2017 my aunt's cancer had come back after 3 years of being clear and my family was her car taker since she never was married and did not have kids. It has been a tough few months. She lost her battle (at the age of 70) last month even though we tried everything. It has been tough bouncing back.

We decided to finish our Disney video from August and now I am getting excited about planning another trip. Our trip was a split stay with the Boardwalk CL and the Poly CL. It was truly a wonderful stay. Our BW CL CMs were happy to be in our video again. We love them all - Anita, Lorenzo, Steven and Joe. I am posting the video in the trip report but since it was at the CL resorts I wanted to also post it here. Here is the link to our new video - I hope you all enjoy it and it brings some happiness to your day. We definitely all need it. :flower1:

Hi everyone! My daughter is dancing at Disney again Jan 2019. Woohoo! :cool1: Anyway, does anyone remember the actual AP rate for Poly CL in 2017 and 2018?
Hoping it is not a 10%. Trying to justify a new AP purchase or not. I know they will not come out with rates until much later, I just like to play mind games with myself and justify the math to make Poly CL TPV inexpensive.....:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Thanks for your help!:thumbsup2

Hello Disboards. I have been off here for a while and really miss it. When we got back from our last trip in August 2017 my aunt's cancer had come back after 3 years of being clear and my family was her car taker since she never was married and did not have kids. It has been a tough few months. She lost her battle (at the age of 70) last month even though we tried everything. It has been tough bouncing back.

We decided to finish our Disney video from August and now I am getting excited about planning another trip. Our trip was a split stay with the Boardwalk CL and the Poly CL. It was truly a wonderful stay. Our BW CL CMs were happy to be in our video again. We love them all - Anita, Lorenzo, Steven and Joe. I am posting the video in the trip report but since it was at the CL resorts I wanted to also post it here. Here is the link to our new video - I hope you all enjoy it and it brings some happiness to your day. We definitely all need it. :flower1:

I am so happy you are back but very sorry for your loss. This video brought a smile to my face!!

I am so sorry for your loss.

Hi everyone! I'm planning for a early June trip this summer, and wanted to share a few things I learned while trying to book a CL Bounceback. We are booked for Beach Club CL Pool/Lagoon View- which will be our first stay at the BC. (We love the Poly CL for family trips, but the Bounceback was not available for the Poly and even with my AP discount for the Poly, the BC came out to be over $1,100 cheaper for our 5 night trip!) .

I spent some time on the phone today trying to figure out which CL rooms had balconies and daybeds. This is what I learned about Beach Club CL room options:
  • Standard View CL: The view was described as "awful" and of parking lots or service areas. Balconies are hit or miss, and a daybed with two queens is an option but not guaranteed.
  • Garden View CL: Nice view of the courtyard. Full balconies for these rooms, but no option for a daybed with two queens. Only a handful of CL rooms in this category.
  • Water View CL: Views of the pool or lagoon. Full balconies for these rooms, but no option for a daybed with two queens.
I was also told that the Yacht Club has standard view CL rooms that have somewhat better views, full balconies, and the option of a daybed (but no guarantee).

Hopefully this helps someone considering these options! We decided to go with the water view since we will have a full balcony (although I am still requesting one just to be safe), and will bring a blow up toddler bed for DS3 since we won't have a daybed.

If anyone has tips for the Beach Club CL, I'm all ears! :earsgirl: I'm a little stressed not to be on the monorail but am hoping the pool makes up for it!

Has anyone found out the answer to the missing "Boardwalk View" club level at the BWI? The booking page still doesn't list any different booking for boardwalk view just the standard view and the Deluxe rooms.

That is odd, as Boardwalk View-Club Level is one of the room categories listed on Mousesavers for this year, and has its own set of prices.

Hi, we are booked for YC lagoon/water view room CL. We have stayed at the BC CL before but never at YC. Are there any suggestions or tips that you could give. We are going for my son's 12th bday (his bday is actually while we are there.) We are also taking his best friend with us. Are the club lounges the same? I am hoping it wont feel too stuffy for the boys. The BC club has such a laid back feeling. Just a little concerned. We will be there May 6th -12th.

Hiya, does anyone have a recent day by day specific evening menu for AKL club? I saw a web review that had a picture of an iPad screen at the lounge that had the full menu for the whole week on one page, but the picture was just blurry enough that you couldn’t read anything except a random “chicken” or something like that. :). I’m sure it changes regularly, but it could help plan which days we’d want to try to hit the lounge. Thanks if anyone has it!!

I hope this will work. It's from February 8th so it's pretty current! ;)

IMG_5344.JPG

Hi, we are booked for YC lagoon/water view room CL. We have stayed at the BC CL before but never at YC. Are there any suggestions or tips that you could give. We are going for my son's 12th bday (his bday is actually while we are there.) We are also taking his best friend with us. Are the club lounges the same? I am hoping it wont feel too stuffy for the boys. The BC club has such a laid back feeling. Just a little concerned. We will be there May 6th -12th.

I can't help you with your question as I've never been to YC, but just wanted to say I hope you have a great trip and your son has a wonderful birthday. Disney birthdays are the best!

Hi everyone! My daughter is dancing at Disney again Jan 2019. Woohoo! :cool1: Anyway, does anyone remember the actual AP rate for Poly CL in 2017 and 2018?
Hoping it is not a 10%. Trying to justify a new AP purchase or not. I know they will not come out with rates until much later, I just like to play mind games with myself and justify the math to make Poly CL TPV inexpensive.....:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Thanks for your help!:thumbsup2

Stranger! The AP discount that covered Jan 2018 for Poly was 20%. Poly, CR, and WL were all 20% while the rest of them were a much more appealing 35%.

If I'm not mistaken, it was 20% in Jan 2017 too (doing some backwards math on an old reservation and I think that is what it was).

Hope that helps!

Hi @DisneyFansInNYC, it is great to see you around, although I am so sorry for your loss. :grouphug:

I think I may have said it before, but your videos are fantastic. You guys cover a TON of ground on your trips and it's very impressive to see all put together. Thanks so much sharing!

I look forward to your answer. We were torn between BWI standard CL or YC water view and went with YC for a guaranted water view for the same price. We got spoiled with our BW view and would be disappointed if we had a garden pool view. Our trip isn't until May so if you find out differently we still have time to change!

I am so sorry for your loss.
Thank you - it has been so tough. I never realized that it is just as bad after the loss than before. So much to go through.

Hi @DisneyFansInNYC, it is great to see you around, although I am so sorry for your loss. :grouphug:

I think I may have said it before, but your videos are fantastic. You guys cover a TON of ground on your trips and it's very impressive to see all put together. Thanks so much sharing!

Thank you so much for watching the videos. Our family loves the feedback. We love making the videos and since we take so much video footage - some of the outtakes are hysterical. It is good to be back.

Thanks for sharing. That video was so much fun. Looks like you all had a blast and thoroughly enjoyed yourselves. What great memories.

So sorry for your loss.

Thank you so much for watching the videos. Our family loves the feedback. We love making the videos and since we take so much video footage - some of the outtakes are hysterical. It is good to be back.

BTW, I really like that one little snippet where I think y’all are in the upstairs part of Pizza Rizzo (the weird room with the DJ lights). Definitely creative use of the space! :-)

So inquiring minds want to know... which resorts are you thinking about for your next trip?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter