Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Yes it was ha but had tub.

The room just had space to move around.

Although I'm going by tikimans floor layouts. I'm not sure of polys official room designation.

Ok thanks. I've crossed over from trip planning to being crazily obsessive so this trip just needs to happen!

Hi everyone! I'm planning for a early June trip this summer, and wanted to share a few things I learned while trying to book a CL Bounceback. We are booked for Beach Club CL Pool/Lagoon View- which will be our first stay at the BC. (We love the Poly CL for family trips, but the Bounceback was not available for the Poly and even with my AP discount for the Poly, the BC came out to be over $1,100 cheaper for our 5 night trip!) .

I spent some time on the phone today trying to figure out which CL rooms had balconies and daybeds. This is what I learned about Beach Club CL room options:
  • Standard View CL: The view was described as "awful" and of parking lots or service areas. Balconies are hit or miss, and a daybed with two queens is an option but not guaranteed.
  • Garden View CL: Nice view of the courtyard. Full balconies for these rooms, but no option for a daybed with two queens. Only a handful of CL rooms in this category.
  • Water View CL: Views of the pool or lagoon. Full balconies for these rooms, but no option for a daybed with two queens.
I was also told that the Yacht Club has standard view CL rooms that have somewhat better views, full balconies, and the option of a daybed (but no guarantee).

Hopefully this helps someone considering these options! We decided to go with the water view since we will have a full balcony (although I am still requesting one just to be safe), and will bring a blow up toddler bed for DS3 since we won't have a daybed.

If anyone has tips for the Beach Club CL, I'm all ears! :earsgirl: I'm a little stressed not to be on the monorail but am hoping the pool makes up for it!

Thanks for the information :flower3:.

We will be at the Poly CL for the first time this Friday.

Hope you have a good time and enjoy Poly CL :wizard:.

Hello!

I’ve been lurking for years and years and finally worked up the nerve to register on these forums and say hello! I just booked our AKL CL fast passes for May 16 to 18 today and got everything that we wanted in the times we asked for. Except there are no fast passes for Toy Story—the CM said TSM is standby only for the period we are there.

Welcome :welcome:

Congrats on getting the FPs you wanted. Hope you have a great trip :).

Did someone say July 4th at Poly? :goodvibes:goodvibes

View attachment 303733

what a great pic! :cloud9:

I asked this on the Poly thread but a poster suggested I also ask on CL...It's still not clear to me on how much is ok to put in a TP room request in an effort to keep it simple.

We'll be CL GV in Hawaii. Our strongest request is a ground floor room. But...coming in a close second are rooms more in the middle of the building so as not to have the end "landscaped" areas right off the patio - it's especially thick near the lounge. Middle room numbers (if Tikiman's floor plan is up to date) would be 1522-1531.

But tied for a close second is we don't want an accessible room due to the shower clean up involved.

When I phoned in my resort reservation, I asked for ground floor as my only request. So suggestions on how to word the additional requests in the "box that comes up on TP? Their example shows:
Bldg Hawaii,Flr 1,S-facing room.Exmple:1523,1524,1525,1526,1527,1528

In the comment box below should I put "NOT an accessible room"? I read somewhere that you shouldn't write what you DON'T want to avoid confusion but I have no idea what to call a non-accessible room so say what I DO want. I feel as soon as the assignor sees the word accessible, then that's what we'll get.

Suggestions appreciated - thanks.

Hi @Surgie2. Probably worth just that, but here are my two cents on your questions:
  • I’m going to echo @dansdad’s post above. I know people use/love TP room requests, but I’ve never felt compelled to use them when CL is concerned. Simply e-mailing or calling DSS is so easy. I prefer e-mail to avoid any transcription errors. In the past I have asked CL CMs about notes on my reservation and they have been able to read off - verbatim - notes I had sent to DSS.... so I have a high comfort level that the notes get in the right spot. Whether or not a room assignor can accommodate the requests is another thing, but I at least feel confident in going through DSS.
  • There’s no reason NOT to use TP if that’s your preference... but I tend to think many folks use DSS and leave it at that.
  • I know those accessible rooms come up as a topic from time to time, but I’m not quite sure if the chances are high enough for you to worry about here. If this were me, I wouldn’t craft my requests around it. Calculated risk.
  • Question for you - if you don’t get a first floor room, what would be your next choice? You ‘may’ want to consider indicating your alternative floor request as a secondary preference.
  • I would suggest keeping your requests somewhat brief and very clear.
There are a few ways to skin the cat when it comes to room requests so really no right or wrong strategy, but hopefully the above is helpful.

Thanks for sharing. That video was so much fun. Looks like you all had a blast and thoroughly enjoyed yourselves. What great memories.

So sorry for your loss.

Thank you so much for the kind words. We really do have fun in Disney no matter how many times we go and love making the videos. We keep thinking of new things to do. :thanks:

BTW, I really like that one little snippet where I think y’all are in the upstairs part of Pizza Rizzo (the weird room with the DJ lights). Definitely creative use of the space! :-)

So inquiring minds want to know... which resorts are you thinking about for your next trip?

I truly can't believe you know of the room with the DJ lights. It was bad rain and trying to find a place to eat in HS at night without reservations and wandered up there. So funny.

We are all trying to figure out where to stay. Most of our kids want CR CL and some of us want to try AKL - since we never tried their CL. Maybe a few nights at AKL and CR but we have to go to BWI CL (especially to show the great CMs our video) - such great decisions. :yay:

My family and I loved watching your video. So much joy and so many experiences. We have stayed BWI CL twice and loved interacting with the staff and loved seeing them here. I am very sorry for your loss.

We will be at the Poly CL for the first time this Friday. A bit sad because my parents aren't well enough to travel with us this time, but have been such a big part of our trips in past years. But looking forward to seeing and doing as much as we can.

Thank you for your post. We love when Disney fans enjoy our videos. We love the BWI CMs - they are top notch. We don't think that our parents can travel with us anymore either. It is hard on my dad - yet he started our love for Disney.
We love the Poly CL - please post pictures. We love the grounds of the Poly. Enjoy your vacation.

So sorry for your loss- having been there before, I know this is a tough.

Your video gave me the smile of the week right there! Totally awesome! Loved seeing Anita, Joe, and Lorenzo! Can't wait to see your next video. #vacaygoals

Thank you so much for your post. As I said before I didn't realize how hard it would be after she passed away. Going through her things is so tough since she we thought she would beat this.

The CMs at the BWI CL are by far the best on property. When we were there in August we showed Lorenzo the last video he was in of ours and the other CMs wanted to get in this one. They bring so much joy to us. I told their manager that they should be giving pointers to the other CMs.

Yes, this^^. So you had an HA room and it did have a tub? Now I'm confused.o_O

Yes it was ha but had tub.

The room just had space to move around.

Although I'm going by tikimans floor layouts. I'm not sure of polys official room designation.

Hi @Surgie2 WDW (like many hotels) has multiple configurations of HA rooms. If you want to get an idea of what is available (as a test) check the accessible room box in the find resorts search on the Disney site.

If a full tub is important, then consider making that the first request.

Last edited:
@DisneyFansInNYC
Awesome videos!!!
Thanks for sharing.
I'd like to add I'm sorry for your loss, but what a gift to be able to give your aunt in caring for her. She was blessed to have you!
Thanks again,
NonnaT

That was such a sweet post and means a lot to me. It is so hard making decisions for someone else's lives. I have such a new understanding of caretakers. It could be as hard as the person going through it - we had many sleepless nights.. I was blessed to have the time and ability to take care of her. Thank you again. :dogdance:

@DisneyFansInNYC love your videos. I added them to my watch list so I can check them our with DD7 at home. Sorry for your loss. It is always hard. Best wishes on your trip planning

Thank you for your kind words. When our kids were young we loved watching other family video's (actually we still do) - then we decided to make our own. I have to say the hardest part is picking the song. The rest is just fun. Thanks again! :-)

Has anyone found out the answer to the missing "Boardwalk View" club level at the BWI? The booking page still doesn't list any different booking for boardwalk view just the standard view and the Deluxe rooms. I chatted on the chat line with a CM when I was looking to book and they were totally clueless. I was told that only the deluxe rooms had a boardwalk view and the rest of the rooms were garden view. OK so I contacted the Signature Services and spoke with a CM who at least understood what I was talking about as she had stayed at the BWI CL before. She wasn't sure what the change of booking meant but she did put a request in for me for a boardwalk view even though we booked a standard view. I checked booking for several different dates and it never shows a boardwalk booking, just standard and deluxe. I will definitely ask when we get to the BWI CL in just 11 days!!

So...we just stayed at BWI in December, Club level/Deluxe room. We were on the Boardwalk. I just went to Touring Plans and pulled up rooms considered Standard View/Club Level. There are quite a few that are on the Boardwalk. Using our room as a reference..4227, the following rooms are right over the Boardwalk. There are others that have a side view but the ones I'm going to list are literally hanging over the Boardwalk. I checked each room on TP, just to make sure they say Standard view/Club level. 4259,4253,4251,4238,4237,4235,4223,4215,4213.

Thank you for your post. We love when Disney fans enjoy our videos. We love the BWI CMs - they are top notch. We don't think that our parents can travel with us anymore either. It is hard on my dad - yet he started our love for Disney.
We love the Poly CL - please post pictures. We love the grounds of the Poly. Enjoy your vacation.

Thank you so much for your post. As I said before I didn't realize how hard it would be after she passed away. Going through her things is so tough since she we thought she would beat this.

The CMs at the BWI CL are by far the best on property. When we were there in August we showed Lorenzo the last video he was in of ours and the other CMs wanted to get in this one. They bring so much joy to us. I told their manager that they should be giving pointers to the other CMs.
Sorry for your loss! I watched your video yesterday and thought it was so cute and great that the whole family participated.

Ok thanks. I've crossed over from trip planning to being crazily obsessive so this trip just needs to happen!

Not to beat a totally dead horse but I was curious myself so searched again for reports of the shower flooding issue. It looks like it's limited to the roll-in shower (in the accessible rooms) and the standing shower (in the DVC studios). So if anyone has seen any reports of this with a tub, please let me know.

Not to beat a totally dead horse but I was curious myself so searched again for reports of the shower flooding issue. It looks like it's limited to the roll-in shower (in the accessible rooms) and the standing shower (in the DVC studios). So if anyone has seen any reports of this with a tub, please let me know.
HA rooms with a tub have additional grab bars. Otherwise, the tub works like most tubs.

Seems like a few DISers with trips soon/this weekend. Anyone else heading down for the Princess Half?
I'll be checking in to Poly CL on Sunday but not for the Princess Half. Just a mistake on my part for not realizing that it was the day of the Princess Half. I'm hoping I'll be able to get to Poly early without any major delay/trouble.

So...we just stayed at BWI in December, Club level/Deluxe room. We were on the Boardwalk. I just went to Touring Plans and pulled up rooms considered Standard View/Club Level. There are quite a few that are on the Boardwalk. Using our room as a reference..4227, the following rooms are right over the Boardwalk. There are others that have a side view but the ones I'm going to list are literally hanging over the Boardwalk. I checked each room on TP, just to make sure they say Standard view/Club level. 4259,4253,4251,4238,4237,4235,4223,4215,4213.
What, wait! There are BWI std view CL rooms that actually have a Boardwalk view? I didn't realize that. I think I have might to email DSS for my May trip. Thanks!

Yes this is my point. In years past (I want to say three but could be off) when you went online to book a CL BWI room you would get three options, Standard, Deluxe and garden cottages. The deluxe rooms all have a boardwalk view with 5 rooms on the third floor and 5 rooms on the fourth floor. The Garden cottages are not on the main floor at all but are on the ground floor surrounding the quite pool and gardens. All the rest of the rooms were considered standard rooms and you could request either a boardwalk view or a garden view. Eventually Disney figured out how popular the boardwalk rooms were and broke them off into their own category (with a steep price increase). So for the past three years you could book a standard BWI CL room(garden view) or a boardwalk view room. The Deluxe rooms and Garden cottages are still separate.

However a few weeks ago a couple of Dis posters have mentioned that when they went to book BWI CL rooms the standard rooms and the boardwalk view rooms are no longer separate. So my question was have they changed it back to the Boardwalk view CL rooms are by request only? I will ask next weekend when we check in and let everyone know what I find out.

Sorry that took up so much space to explain and I hope it makes sense to everyone:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter