Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Congrats on your first AP purchase! I bought my first AP this past June and have almost broke even with just that one trip! I didn't get an AP discount on my room, but did save quite a bit on dining (10%) and merchandise (20%). I have another trip booked for end of Oct and I'm thinking ahead to possible trips for Feb, April and May :D.

AP discounts are like other discounts in that they can/do sometimes sell out quickly, so jumping on them right away is a good idea. With that said, if what you want isn't available at first, keep checking as availability can/does sometimes change. I agree with Lovingallthingsdisney that I would book what you want and try to apply a discount later because if you wait, you run the chance of the resort/room type you want not being available. Have fun planning and enjoy your AP :goodvibes.

Thanks, mickeynut! Like you, my mind has definitely already started trying to figure out how to squeeze in multiple trips this year! (And, of course, I figured it only makes sense to look for CL discounts while I have the opportunity :D.)

Just received a call from the Beach Club about our upcoming stay on Friday. They wanted to know if I had any specific room requests or if we were celebrating anything special. This is the first time I have gotten a call like this and I was very impressed. I dis ask for my room to be near my son’s so we could help with the children, but that was it. They did ask how we were arriving and what time our flight was landing too.

Thanks, mickeynut! Like you, my mind has definitely already started trying to figure out how to squeeze in multiple trips this year! (And, of course, I figured it only makes sense to look for CL discounts while I have the opportunity :D.)

You're welcome! :goodvibes

I agree completely, makes total sense to be on the look out for AP CL discounts while you can ;).

Just received a call from the Beach Club about our upcoming stay on Friday. They wanted to know if I had any specific room requests or if we were celebrating anything special. This is the first time I have gotten a call like this and I was very impressed. I dis ask for my room to be near my son’s so we could help with the children, but that was it. They did ask how we were arriving and what time our flight was landing too.
That is impressive. Nice! :)

I wonder if it's part of a new policy or some of the randomness the it sometimes seems exists in the CL.

Mike

Discussion topic. Critical, extremely important Disney issue. (I’m kidding)

5-6pm is too early for turndown service, right?

For years YC did turn down around 4:30 or 5. This year they did it later , we were gone from the room by 5 - 5:30 & it was done after we left. I was happy about that since it was the only housekeeping service we got 2 days. :sad2:

I agree 5 is too early. I guess I am OK with them starting around 6, since there are probably families with babies or toddlers that are back in the room at 7 or so for early bedtimes. Especially at places with lots of families, like BC. YC certainly has some families in club level, but the majority of guests there seem to be adults. No need to start turn down before the dinner hour.

:offtopic:

So I got up today wanting to buy a new grill, going to Lowe’s I figure it’s probably $500-$550 for a decent Weber, check this out.........

4CEC9ABC-C6A6-4502-840D-50F00905D6C4.jpeg

This is a Char Broil brand and I love it already, I call it my new Darth Vader grill and it was on clearance and only cost me $114......I think the savings just paid for our Be Our Guest dinner we have on our upcoming stay...........woooo hoooooooo!!!!!!

So I got up today wanting to buy a new grill, going to Lowe’s I figure it’s probably $500-$550 for a decent Weber, check this out.........

View attachment 353494

This is a Char Broil brand and I love it already, I call it my new Darth Vader grill and it was on clearance and only cost me $114......I think the savings just paid for our Be Our Guest dinner we have on our upcoming stay...........woooo hoooooooo!!!!!!
Gotta love Disney math! :-)
Wishing you lots of lovely fall days to use your new grill.:sunny:

For years YC did turn down around 4:30 or 5. This year they did it later , we were gone from the room by 5 - 5:30 & it was done after we left. I was happy about that since it was the only housekeeping service we got 2 days. :sad2:

I agree 5 is too early. I guess I am OK with them starting around 6, since there are probably families with babies or toddlers that are back in the room at 7 or so for early bedtimes. Especially at places with lots of families, like BC. YC certainly has some families in club level, but the majority of guests there seem to be adults. No need to start turn down before the dinner hour.

They came between 5-6 all three nights at SL this past weekend. I was at the end of the hall so I think I may have been first on the list.

We had DAH, MNSSHP and a later Epcot dinner on the evening schedules this trip so were in the room/getting ready during that time each night in prep to hit some lounge apps somewhere in the 6-7 window before heading out.

Anyway, I know it’s a pretty petty thing to pick on and they can’t possibly time it to fit everyone’s schedules with so many rooms to do. Just not sure why they can’t read my mind and time it perfectly to suit me. :rotfl2:

Discussion topic. Critical, extremely important Disney issue. (I’m kidding)

5-6pm is too early for turndown service, right?
I usually get 4:15pm when I'm getting ready for appetizers!

Gf is by request now so I requested 7p. That worked great!

Wait you were at gf. When I called housekeeping they said by request now(others told me too). How did you get turndown without request? Lucky I guess.

Last edited:
I usually get 4:15pm when I'm getting ready for appetizers!

Gf is by request now so I requested 7p. That worked great!

Wait you were at gf. When I called housekeeping they said by request now(others told me too). How did you get turndown without request? Lucky I guess.

Well, it was by request I guess... when they knocked on the door every night between 5-6pm asking if I wanted turndown service! :rotfl:

I didn’t request turndown service and no one mentioned anything about it being request only. It appeared to me from my brief encounters that the CM was going down the whole hall/floor knocking on every door.

Not sure if just general WDW inconsistency or what?

BTW, I should probably add to the whole discussion that I did ask for them to come back later each night, which they gladly did.

View attachment 353494

What a great savings! I agree with gwynne...gotta love Disney math! Enjoy the new grill :goodvibes.

That is impressive. Nice! :)

I wonder if it's part of a new policy or some of the randomness the it sometimes seems exists in the CL.

Mike

When I booked our Poly CL stay this past August I got a phone call the very next morning. Very nice! :cool1:

Also, I am trying to make a payment online on the website for my upcoming stay and it does not give me that option.:confused: What am I doing wrong? Trying to avoid calling....
Thanks!

When I booked our Poly CL stay this past August I got a phone call the very next morning. Very nice! :cool1:

Also, I am trying to make a payment online on the website for my upcoming stay and it does not give me that option.:confused: What am I doing wrong? Trying to avoid calling....
Thanks!

Do you have a package or room only? I believe with RO there is no way to pay online, you have to call in.

Thanks!

We are booked Poly CL over Christmas and my dd's birthday and I haven't received a call or email, I even called DSS with a question and haven't received a return call. I will try again in a few days.....

Hello,
I posted over in the beach club thread than thought this might be a more appropriate spot. We have a two-bedroom club level room booked at beach club and was wondering how far from lounge are they located? Is there a location to try and request to put us closer to lounge?

We are booked Poly CL over Christmas and my dd's birthday and I haven't received a call or email, I even called DSS with a question and haven't received a return call. I will try again in a few days.....

Sorry you haven’t heard back. Maybe try calling again? If not, try sending an email. Usually takes a couple days, but I’ve always heard back from someone. Good luck and enjoy!

Mixed review ahead. If you have an upcoming SL reservation, might just want to skip!

Just back from a short weekend stay at GF Sugar Loaf.

Brief backstory, main purpose of the trip was a quick MNSSHP weekend. The last few years I've opted for CR for this weekend because that's my go to "short trip" spot with the MK walk-ability and all. I even had CR booked for awhile but then changed a few weeks out to GF SL. This year it was me and DD4 and I felt that GF's superior pool situation (zero entry pools and splash pad) were better suited overall to her swimming ability and for adult convenience.

Other than it taking me almost an hour to get back to GF after MNSSHP and at the time cursing my decision to switch from CR, it was a good trip and fit our pool/relaxing resort needs perfectly. I like GF as a resort overall and especially enjoy the pools. GF doesn't 'call me' like, say, Poly, for example, but I don't mind having a quick stay every once in awhile.

This was my second SL stay, prior visit was April 2017. Like all of us, we have CL favorites and not-so-favorites. All resorts and CLs have pros and cons... and I haven't stayed anywhere that we flat out wouldn't do again, but SL isn't among my favorites. Some of its cons are well documented - a lounge that isn't particularly special, mixed bag of room views, smallish food serving area. Pros are often price and convenience to the pools and transportation/the resort overall. Love the location.

I perhaps had higher hopes that the summer closure would result in some more substantial room renovations. I hate to say it, but to me the GF rooms are looking dated, particularly the bathrooms. It appears that renovation was mostly exterior with just interior paint and lounge/hall carpet updates.

Anyway - PIC HEAVY posts coming... sorry!

The SL building.... This side faces the Courtyard Pool, the other side faces the Marina. First and second floor rooms have full/open balconies. Third floor middle rooms have the same balconies, but the outer hallway rooms have dormer balconies. Fourth floor standard rooms are all dormer balcony rooms. There are three Deluxe rooms and a suite or two that don't fit into what I just described.

I will say, it was looking nice and bright!

IMG_5986.jpeg

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!