Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

I had Room 6303, third floor towards the end of the hallway closest to the Main Building.

IMG_4906.jpg

This was a "dormer room" which has a dormer balcony and vaulted ceiling. These rooms are evidently slightly smaller than non-dormer rooms.
IMG_4875.jpg

IMG_4876.jpg

Not ideal for sitting down and seeing out. Really wasn't all that bad though. I could live with it.
IMG_4897.jpg

View left. Those are Main Building/RPC TPV rooms. Gaspy's is there on the first floor. Gaspy's is such a nice place to eat outside when it's not too hot.
IMG_5983.jpg

View right...
IMG_4901.jpg

A view straight ahead. The Gaspy outdoor tables and that terraced area center left is a great spot to watch HEA. Music is piped in here.
IMG_4882.jpg

Bathroom, which I'm nearly certain is 6-12 inches narrower in a dormer room vs non-dormer room. Wish I had a tape measure to say for sure. The towel basket is one of the nicest features of GF rooms, so convenient.
IMG_4909.jpg

Toiletries....
IMG_4916.jpg

IMG_4913.jpg

I really hate to say it, but the GF bathrooms are feeling pretty dated to me for a "flagship" branded resort.
IMG_4912.jpg

I think maybe the shower/toilet room is slightly different in the dormer rooms. I don't remember such a tight clearance in my other room (although my have revisionist history going on in my head).
IMG_4937.jpg

I had Room 6303, third floor towards the end of the hallway closest to the Main Building.

View attachment 353777

This was a "dormer room" which has a dormer balcony and vaulted ceiling. These rooms are evidently slightly smaller than non-dormer rooms.
View attachment 353778

View attachment 353779

Not ideal for sitting down and seeing out. Really wasn't all that bad though. I could live with it.
View attachment 353780

View left. Those are Main Building/RPC TPV rooms. Gaspy's is there on the first floor. Gaspy's is such a nice place to eat outside when it's not too hot.
View attachment 353781

View right...
View attachment 353782

A view straight ahead. The Gaspy outdoor tables and that terraced area center left is a great spot to watch HEA. Music is piped in here.
View attachment 353783

Beautiful pictures :cloud9:

So...we tend to have a high tolerance for the condition of hotel rooms. I stay in hotels all over the place and you see all types of things. Disney hotels of course take their share of abuse. I've had bad luck at SL in that the two rooms we've had there have been among the more dinged up rooms we've had in our WDW travels. Not talking deal killers here, just small things here and there.

These drink rings. At first I thought, wow, how did Mousekeeping miss this... but they were permanent stains.
IMG_4872.jpg

A tight corner in the bathroom....
IMG_4933.jpg

That had not been dusted in awhile. Surprising in the bathroom, which one would think might get more cleaning than other parts of the room.
IMG_4932.jpg

Just some small fit/finish things here and there if I'm being super picky.
IMG_4935.jpg

Maybe the themeing IS supposed to look like grandma's plaster-walled 1920's colonial with dozens of layers of paint?
IMG_5890.jpeg

But on to better things... some pics around the lounge....

A new, brighter carpet and tables/CM desk have been moved around a bit. The food serving area is to the top of this pic. The soda fridge is the black thing sort of near the middle of the room. Small Dasani bottles were out all day on that silver platter.
IMG_5957.jpg

During a service. CMs were very friendly and quick to clear tables. There was always generally someone around to help if needed. CMs seemed happier/more friendly than my last stay here.
IMG_5970.jpg

Kids TV is in a different spot than my last trip....
IMG_5959.jpg

The CM desk sits prominently in the lounge.
IMG_5230.jpg

IMG_4867.jpg

So...we tend to have a high tolerance for the condition of hotel rooms. I stay in hotels all over the place and you see all types of things. Disney hotels of course take their share of abuse. I've had bad luck at SL in that the two rooms we've had there have been among the more dinged up rooms we've had in our WDW travels. Not talking deal killers here, just small things here and there.

These drink rings. At first I thought, wow, how did Mousekeeping miss this... but they were permanent stains.
View attachment 353798

A tight corner in the bathroom....
View attachment 353799

That had not been dusted in awhile. Surprising in the bathroom, which one would think might get more cleaning than other parts of the room.
View attachment 353800

View attachment 353801

Maybe the themeing IS supposed to look like grandma's plaster-walled 1920's colonial with dozens of layers of paint?
View attachment 353802

LOL too funny! But seriously, don’t think you’re being picky. For what we pay for these hotels, you expect a lot more. Definitely looks like the rooms need a little bit of TLC. Hope you still had fun, though.

Coffee and Nespresso station....
IMG_5052.jpg

IMG_5054.jpg

I honestly wouldn't have noticed these if not for the folks on this thread...
IMG_5460.jpg

Beer/wine available upon request all day, it's CM-served from this cart in the evening. I couldn't get good pics since it was always guarded, but there appeared to be A LOT of wines available.
IMG_5898.jpg

Beers included Stella, Funky Buddah (because that fits the theme how?), Bud Light, Angry Orchard, and it seems like one more.... maybe Heineken? I'm blanking.
IMG_4868.jpg

Given the short trip and the fact there are often people around, it's hard to photograph lounge offerings here. But here's what I could get....

Blackberries and such....

Snooty comment, but I'm not a fan of these big self-serve yogurt bowls. The individual servings at Poly, CR, and some other places right now are an upgrade, in my opinion. I do appreciate the abundance of fresh fruit.
IMG_5686.jpg

Oatmeal and toppings....
IMG_5687.jpg

Quiche type things and sticky buns.
IMG_5688.jpg

Breads, cheeses, and meats. They had deviled eggs each morning of this trip. I miss just plain hard-boiled eggs...the deviled eggs just don't do it for me for breakfast.
IMG_5689.jpg

This was afternoon snacks. Love having some meats to make a sandwich, but no real effort to keep refrigerated which seems off to me? I know I'm totally in the picky department with some of these comments.

IMG_4859.jpg

GF has a TON of food around for snacks. Veggies, cookies, meats, muffins. It's almost overwhelming.
IMG_4860.jpg

More afternoon snacks...GF is NOT the place to be low-carb. :-)
IMG_4861.jpg

IMG_4862.jpg

IMG_5385.jpg IMG_5386.jpg

That tomato pesto that separates like that always makes me laugh. Just never looks that appetizing.
IMG_5387.jpg

Hot soup. This is still afternoon snacks.
IMG_5388.jpg

IMG_5389.jpg

Still afternoon snacks....
IMG_5390.jpg

Evening apps are very much small plates/bites. You're not really making a meal here.

Fried catfish on rice. Meatballs. Crab cake.
IMG_5056.jpg

BBQ on some kind of grits cake and a tiny shot of soup. Also another crab cake. Frustratingly small plate sizes here - made me miss YC where they give you a better sized plate.
IMG_5057.jpg

Chip and guac.
IMG_5058.jpg

More sweets and carbs at evening apps. They are everywhere at GF! There were chicken fingers in that silver dish to the left.
IMG_5454.jpg

I think those were lamb meatballs and potato skin with cheese.
IMG_5455.jpg

A Ceaser salad in small dish.
IMG_5456.jpg

Strawberry soup...
IMG_5457.jpg

While there are carbs galore here, there are abundant fresh veggies at night too.
IMG_5458.jpg

Couple of last comments...

- Totally uneventful check-in experience. Checked-in at the main building and was given CL paperwork there. No introduction or hand off to SL CMs, were told to walk over ourselves. After being greeted and whisked away at AKL earlier this year, these other experiences just never seem to live up! :-)

- I have read reports of GF making one week out phone calls direct from the resort CL CMs, but I never heard from them. I am not sure how consistent this new practice is and seems to only be some resorts.

- We were out every night so didn't get to experience desserts.

- Room was serviced every day before we returned mid day (usually 1ish) which I very much appreciate.

- I like how both GF pools have legitimate pool-side servers. Something some other resorts (ahem, Poly) don't do well.

- Being able to go to either pool and find seating and (usually) shade is such a nice change of pace from places like Poly. I love Poly, but gosh does the pool chair crowding get old sometimes. GF is much easier and worry-free, at least in our travels.

- The orchestra in the main building in the evenings is just one of the coolest things out there.

- Monorails were quick and efficient (excluding the MNSSHP return trip, ugh).

- Took a Minnie Van a few times, love having that as an alternative for certain trips.

- Missed seeing Richard out front.

Thanks for putting up with the post hogging with all the pics, happy to answer any questions.

- Totally uneventful check-in experience. Checked-in at the main building and was given CL paperwork there. No introduction or hand off to SL CMs, were told to walk over ourselves. After being greeted and whisked away at AKL earlier this year, these other experiences just never seem to live up! :-)

- I have read reports of GF making one week out phone calls direct from the resort CL CMs, but I never heard from them. I am not sure how consistent this new practice is and seems to only be some resorts.

- Room was serviced every day before we returned mid day (usually 1ish) which I very much appreciate.

- I like how both GF pools have legitimate pool-side servers. Something some other resorts (ahem, Poly) don't do well.

- Being able to go to either pool and find seating and (usually) shade is such a nice change of pace from places like Poly. I love Poly, but gosh does the pool chair crowding get old sometimes. GF is much easier and worry-free, at least in our travels.

- The orchestra in the main building in the evenings is just one of the coolest things out there.

- Took a Minnie Van a few times, love having that as an alternative for certain trips.

Thanks for putting up with the post hogging with all the pics, happy to answer any questions.

Definitely not the same without Wonderful Richard.:sad:

Honest reporting like yours can hog up as much space as you’d like......of course you know that already though.

Last edited:

Thanks for the review, your picture were great.

But on to better things... some pics around the lounge....

A new, brighter carpet and tables/CM desk have been moved around a bit. The food serving area is to the top of this pic. The soda fridge is the black thing sort of near the middle of the room. Small Dasani bottles were out all day on that silver platter.
View attachment 353803

During a service. CMs were very friendly and quick to clear tables. There was always generally someone around to help if needed. CMs seemed happier/more friendly than my last stay here.
View attachment 353805

Kids TV is in a different spot than my last trip....
View attachment 353806

The CM desk sits prominently in the lounge.
View attachment 353807

View attachment 353808

@GADisneyDad14 , thank you for this awesomely thorough review! Sadly, the bathrooms look even worse than they did last fall (I’d hoped they’d address that with the ‘refurb’). Hopefully they fix them in the near future! Glad you still enjoyed your trip!

Hello,
I posted over in the beach club thread than thought this might be a more appropriate spot. We have a two-bedroom club level room booked at beach club and was wondering how far from lounge are they located? Is there a location to try and request to put us closer to lounge?

I can't answer your question, but wanted to bump your post in case others have stayed in (or know about) those rooms and can help :flower3:.

Mixed review ahead. If you have an upcoming SL reservation, might just want to skip!

Just back from a short weekend stay at GF Sugar Loaf.

Thanks for another thorough reviews with pics, always enjoy reading your reviews :).

For what we pay for these hotels, you expect a lot more. Definitely looks like the rooms need a little bit of TLC.

I agree ;).

Not post hogging at all.....love all the pics! Thanks for taking the time to share. Glad you had a great trip :goodvibes.

Definitely not the same without Wonderful Richard. :sad1:

I agree :(.

I perhaps had higher hopes that the summer closure would result in some more substantial room renovations. I hate to say it, but to me the GF rooms are looking dated, particularly the bathrooms. It appears that renovation was mostly exterior with just interior paint and lounge/hall carpet updates.

We were just at GF RPC 2 weeks ago. I was thinking the same thing about the rooms. Especially after staying at YC the beginning of the week. The decor at GF was very underwhelming & seemed outdated to me too. The carpet especially looked worn or dirty.

Sadly, I just expect this type of thing now, even at the deluxe resorts.

Thanks for your thoughts & pictures. Always happy to read your post trip reviews!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!