Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

I have poly lv cl for 7/16-19 so I may one of the first to report how they handle CL.

Yay finally open
:worship:
My reservation is for a regular room at Poly, but we arrive on July 18, so we have a day of overlap.

I was also the one to break the news to the phone CM that things were about to get wild, he didn't believe me about the dates because they had heard ZERO news. So there you go, it has been officially confirmed that Disney doesn't tell them anything lol.
LOL, so true. I’ll take info from a DISer any day over phone CMs.

I think CL will still hold value regardless of what services they offer. I don’t know what that might be but I can’t imagine that Disney will turn a blind eye to higher spending guests. The data they have from magic bands over the years will be definitely used for the reopening.
I wish we lived closer and could drive. But Hawaii is still paradise right!?!

For some reason UK APH don’t receive any APH news, e mails etc from Disney. If you receive anything can you please post about it? Thank you.
I rarely get them either as a US AP- their AP email is mess! Your best bet will be to watch this thread on WDW reopening news. It’s news only so it stays concise and the mod running it is pretty quick on news.

I totally misplayed this whole thing... had CL reservations covering nearly every day through early July (thought that'd be enough to cover backups to backups). Got schooled by WDW's announcements today.

Oh well... probably need to be saving $ of travel anyway. :-(
Bet I misplayed it better than you! lol We had many reservations trying to hedge our bets starting in late June going through....drumroll please....July 10th. Yes, the day before they open. lol I think it's sort of poetic though- Our last trip was to have started the day after they closed. This trip was to have ended the day before they open. It just doesn't get any better. In reality, I could've modified to add a few days on- was online looking at reservation modifications the second the date was announced and before they locked the system- but for many reasons, didn't do it. Because we chose a DVC resort, we could still go and hope to cash in on the soft openings, but that's a lot of money for not a lot of return. The bonus? I'm looking at thousands of dollars in refunds coming back to my CC- free money! lol

Bet I misplayed it better than you! lol We had many reservations trying to hedge our bets starting in late June going through....drumroll please....July 10th. Yes, the day before they open. lol I think it's sort of poetic though- Our last trip was to have started the day after they closed. This trip was to have ended the day before they open. It just doesn't get any better. In reality, I could've modified to add a few days on- was online looking at reservation modifications the second the date was announced and before they locked the system- but for many reasons, didn't do it. Because we chose a DVC resort, we could still go and hope to cash in on the soft openings, but that's a lot of money for not a lot of return. The bonus? I'm looking at thousands of dollars in refunds coming back to my CC- free money! lol
I Am using that free money to pay my other 2 nights and still have some left over😄

I Am using that free money to pay my other 2 nights and still have some left over😄
I haven't figured out exactly what I'm going to blow mine on, but I'm sure I'll find something! We're considering a blow out trip to a beach or maybe just wait until things settle down and go somewhere we've never been before. Or maybe start keeping an eye on DLR and see what's up there. I love DLR, and their re-opening should be much less complicated than WDW and I have a fortune in Disney gift cards just begging to be spent. Decisions, decisions! :)

I have poly lv cl for 7/16-19 so I may one of the first to report how they handle CL.

Yay finally open
:worship:
We're at poly CL the same dates! Kind of a bummer because we were really hoping to be able to get reports from other people about what it will be like. When the resorts open on 7/11, it will be too late really to cancel at that point I'm sure. We'll have to make the most of it, at least the pool and some drinks will keep us going!

When the resorts open on 7/11, it will be too late really to cancel at that point I'm sure. We'll have to make the most of it, at least the pool and some drinks will keep us going!

Just FWIW, Disney hasn't actually said a date when the resorts will be open. DVC and Ft Wilderness, yes, but everything else, no - a peculiar omission from all of the other news yesterday. To me it's still TBD on that front.

Just FWIW, Disney hasn't actually said a date when the resorts will be open. DVC and Ft Wilderness, yes, but everything else, no - a peculiar omission from all of the other news yesterday. To me it's still TBD on that front.
Perhaps they are waiting for people who wish to cancel to proceed and will spend the weekend sitting with a huge spreadsheet to decide which resorts to open and who to move where. 😂

DVC folk are the guinea pigs for the new policies. Makes sense as they can't keep returning points to owners and not expect outrage as there are not enough rooms to go around.

DVC AKV club level folk staying the end of June and start of July will be the first ones to see anything new they're trying. They'll have the loudest voices for change. I hope we have a few folk following this thread who are staying those first weeks to let us know what it's like.

Im wondering if they are even going to be opening non dvc resorts in July.

I think it depends on what they mean by "DVC resorts". If all they're talking about are the 3 standalone DVC resorts and the DVC sections of the Deluxes, then I don't see why they don't open the Deluxe resorts fully on July 11 at least. Deluxe resorts have smaller capacity than the other tiers and are easier to manage from a transportation standpoint. Limiting bus service would make staying at those enormous Mods a nightmare. And the admittedly selfish part of me is hoping transportation for "resort guests only" means an end to that practice of folks filling the Resort monorail to get to their vehicles at the TTC.

But opening the Deluxes would also give guests who can't get into the parks more to do, with more dining options, recreation, etc, only without the added stress of extra visitors. From a pure $$$ standpoint if they're trying to maximize spend per guest while still keeping low capacity, the Deluxes are a no brainer imo.

I think it depends on what they mean by "DVC resorts". If all they're talking about are the 3 standalone DVC resorts and the DVC sections of the Deluxes, then I don't see why they don't open the Deluxe resorts fully on July 11 at least. Deluxe resorts have smaller capacity than the other tiers and are easier to manage from a transportation standpoint. Limiting bus service would make staying at those enormous Mods a nightmare. And the admittedly selfish part of me is hoping transportation for "resort guests only" means an end to that practice of folks filling the Resort monorail to get to their vehicles at the TTC.

But opening the Deluxes would also give guests who can't get into the parks more to do, with more dining options, recreation, etc, only without the added stress of extra visitors. From a pure $$$ standpoint if they're trying to maximize spend per guest while still keeping low capacity, the Deluxes are a no brainer imo.
It's all the DVC resorts, including those attached to hotels.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!