Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

TY so much for all the experiences! For $1100/day, my family of six can stay in a one-bedroom Hospitality Suite, Club Level, at the Royal Pacific and get tickets to Universal that include Express Pass. Depending on how you look at it, you could say we're almost getting the room for free once you price their PH tickets with Express Pass for six. I'm starting to think we might stay at Universal with Disney side days when we can get a park reservation. The suite looks *amazing*, and hopping back to the club for food feels easy at Universal.
Of course, I'm assuming CL is running at Universal. I can't find anything that says it won't be, but I'm wondering about adjustments they might do, as well. We'll see. I'm excited to have another option depending on how things end up shaking out at WDW.

TY so much for all the experiences! For $1100/day, my family of six can stay in a one-bedroom Hospitality Suite, Club Level, at the Royal Pacific and get tickets to Universal that include Express Pass. Depending on how you look at it, you could say we're almost getting the room for free once you price their PH tickets with Express Pass for six. I'm starting to think we might stay at Universal with Disney side days when we can get a park reservation. The suite looks *amazing*, and hopping back to the club for food feels easy at Universal.
Of course, I'm assuming CL is running at Universal. I can't find anything that says it won't be, but I'm wondering about adjustments they might do, as well. We'll see. I'm excited to have another option depending on how things end up shaking out at WDW.
We loved RPR's club level and ability to walk to the parks.
Sounds like a great plan :)

I've just skimmed over the last 4 pages of this thread, but I'm not clear.... has there been any official annpouncement about CL? Or is there supposed to be any soon? Or what?

Well, no CL services would certainly explain that mysterious lack of availability we saw. I wonder how much of that is also to do with DSS cast being furloughed. Those have to be difficult positions to fill.

I have to say even with all the restrictions, after a horrible day at work that I'm only halfway through and more work piling on in the next few weeks, I'm contemplating a Labor Day weekend trip. Even if it's just at the resort. I swore I wouldn't be back until next year but I need a vacation in the worst way.

Okay! I just called and spoke to a lovely CM, who put me on hold for a really long time while she talked to Guest Services regarding Club Level. Here is what she said (this comes from GS, not the phone CM):

-Club Level has NOT been suspended at this time
-They are looking at ways to safely continue to offer the Club Level amenities
-They have no clue about what is going on with GDT CL at this time, but if anyone booked there is booted for the NBA (if that happens), they will move those guests to another CL at no extra cost
-They did not know if there was a chance that some CL would be running and others would be closed (I asked about the fact that Chapek stated that not all hotels might open at once)
-They did not say that they had indicated to anyone that CL had been "cancelled" as they were endeavouring to keep it running in whatever way they could
-She suspected (for what it's worth) that CL rooms were pulled to restrict capacity rather than to terminate the program

Take all of this for what it's worth, and please don't shoot the messenger if it's untrue!

I also received an email this morning from DSS, nearly had a heart attack, but it was for nothing really- just letting me know that the CL Fast Pass program was not being offered at this time (this was in response to an email I had sent months ago asking to purchase the service for our now-defunct June trip).

Okay! I just called and spoke to a lovely CM, who put me on hold for a really long time while she talked to Guest Services regarding Club Level. Here is what she said (this comes from GS, not the phone CM):

-Club Level has NOT been suspended at this time
-They are looking at ways to safely continue to offer the Club Level amenities
-They have no clue about what is going on with GDT CL at this time, but if anyone booked there is booted for the NBA (if that happens), they will move those guests to another CL at no extra cost
-They did not know if there was a chance that some CL would be running and others would be closed (I asked about the fact that Chapek stated that not all hotels might open at once)
-They did not say that they had indicated to anyone that CL had been "cancelled" as they were endeavouring to keep it running in whatever way they could
-She suspected (for what it's worth) that CL rooms were pulled to restrict capacity rather than to terminate the program

Take all of this for what it's worth, and please don't shoot the messenger if it's untrue!

I also received an email this morning from DSS, nearly had a heart attack, but it was for nothing really- just letting me know that the CL Fast Pass program was not being offered at this time (this was in response to an email I had sent months ago asking to purchase the service for our now-defunct June trip).
That's super interesting. I'm curious as to why that Travel agent chose to share the wording she did with her clients. Seems like shooting ones self in the foot given that she's already limping along due to the cancellations.

Thank you for sharing!!!

I imagine there are viable ways to keep CL up and running. CM's would still have the ability to assist guests with questions and planning. Although with no fastpasses and most special events and add-ons suspended at this time there's not much for them to help with I suppose. Assisting with dining will be a huge one, we should understand it better once the new dining system is unveiled.

The reduced hotel occupancy would mean the ratio of CL guests to CMs could offer a very personal experience. The area around CL CM desks would probably have some markers on the floor to keep guests spaced apart when waiting to ask a question. I've never really had an issue with waiting to speak to a CM even during peak times.

The biggest concern is definitely the lounge. They could replace the current buffet-style food offerings with an in-room menu of snacks. Although portions would be greatly reduced by this method, and the convenience of grabbing quick snacks on the run would be over, it would still be a decent option to have food offerings included with the price of the room. It would actually be nice to see the high quality appetizers they used to have ten years ago come back. Quality over quantity definitely would appeal to me. As for drinks, that could also be by request using the menu, maybe they could stock in-room fridges with water and whatever drinks the guests request in advance. And monitor it daily for restocking.

Of course this is all just my imagination, and the cynical part of me says Disney wouldn't bother to do any of this. :laughing:

One thing I can say for sure, people who typically make meals off lounge offerings would be better off downgrading to a non-CL room I think. I feel confident they will not be offering the buffet-style service for a very long time.

This is actually potentially very positive information. That means that someone is likely back from furlough to work the DSS communications.

Dave

I imagine there are viable ways to keep CL up and running. CM's would still have the ability to assist guests with questions and planning. Although with no fastpasses and most special events and add-ons suspended at this time there's not much for them to help with I suppose. Assisting with dining will be a huge one, we should understand it better once the new dining system is unveiled.

The reduced hotel occupancy would mean the ratio of CL guests to CMs could offer a very personal experience. The area around CL CM desks would probably have some markers on the floor to keep guests spaced apart when waiting to ask a question. I've never really had an issue with waiting to speak to a CM even during peak times.

The biggest concern is definitely the lounge. They could replace the current buffet-style food offerings with an in-room menu of snacks. Although portions would be greatly reduced by this method, and the convenience of grabbing quick snacks on the run would be over, it would still be a decent option to have food offerings included with the price of the room. It would actually be nice to see the high quality appetizers they used to have ten years ago come back. Quality over quantity definitely would appeal to me. As for drinks, that could also be by request using the menu, maybe they could stock in-room fridges with water and whatever drinks the guests request in advance. And monitor it daily for restocking.

Of course this is all just my imagination, and the cynical part of me says Disney wouldn't bother to do any of this. :laughing:

One thing I can say for sure, people who typically make meals off lounge offerings would be better off downgrading to a non-CL room I think. I feel confident they will not be offering the buffet-style service for a very long time.
They could definitely still do the appetizers and hot breakfasts. The apps are already individually plated (at least, they are at AKL) so they could have a CM handing them out or bringing them to tables. Most importantly, they could still do the mimosas.

I don't understand how a lot of people on this forum are saying their club level reservation has been cancelled or something to the fact it's not going to happen. We have CL @ Grand Floridian for August 4th check in and haven't received any news about not having club level. I'm confused. Just wondering? Thank you in advance for your comments. :)

I don't understand how a lot of people on this forum are saying their club level reservation has been cancelled or something to the fact it's not going to happen. We have CL @ Grand Floridian for August 4th check in and haven't received any news about not having club level. I'm confused. Just wondering? Thank you in advance for your comments. :)
We are checking in to the GF on August 4th as well. Our first time there at club level.

It’s just rumors and people speculating that CL service may be suspended when the resorts reopen. Before the all stop on reservations, the week’ish prior they had stopped taking CL reservations through 8/31 (I think it was 8/31, someone please correct me if I’m wrong), which may be a leading indicator (it may not be). Some fear major cost and staffing cuts, and CL is often an easy target. Some think social distancing in communal spaces like the CL lounge is more of a challenge than Disney wants to deal with right now.

I think someone posted something from a TA that said CL would be paused and guest’s room rates would be adjusted down to the non-CL rate for that equivalent view category, but there have been some weird and inconsistent things coming out of TAs that are hard to reconcile given the inconsistency.

I “think” that captures most of the reasons for the speculation and the latest we know. News is fast so if I’ve missed anything or am behind, someone please chime in.

(I hope your CL trip works out for you!)

It’s just rumors and people speculating that CL service may be suspended when the resorts reopen. Before the all stop on reservations, the week’ish prior they had stopped taking CL reservations through 8/31 (I think it was 8/31, someone please correct me if I’m wrong), which may be a leading indicator (it may not be). Some fear major cost and staffing cuts, and CL is often an easy target. Some think social distancing in communal spaces like the CL lounge is more of a challenge than Disney wants to deal with right now.

I think someone posted something from a TA that said CL would be paused and guest’s room rates would be adjusted down to the non-CL rate for that equivalent view category, but there have been some weird and inconsistent things coming out of TAs that are hard to reconcile given the inconsistency.

I “think” that captures most of the reasons for the speculation and the latest we know. News is fast so if I’ve missed anything or am behind, someone please chime in.

(I hope your CL trip works out for you!)

Thank you very much for this. Have a magical day!

We are checking in to the GF on August 4th as well. Our first time there at club level.
Sorry but checked in means nothing. I’m checked in for my CSR CL stay on 6/22, as well as my Poly CL stay a few days later. Keep an eye out here as soon as there is any sort of official announcement it’ll land here fairly quickly :)

Fwiw ordering Magic Bands means nothing as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!