Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

I just swapped our 2-night GDT Deluxe Suite CL room for a 5-night GDT non-CL room (mid-November), Bounceback. We owed $205 more, which I happily paid!

Wanted to update this. With the new discounts that were released yesterday, I was able to apply the AP discount and saved $358 on my 5 nights! Winner! :cloud9:

(Still hopeful CL will return real soon - at least by early 2021)

It’s 40% for the AP offer. GF, CR, and YC (as they are the only open or about to open Deluxe resorts). Based on current announced resort info, those are the only Deluxes that will be open during the offer period (through 12/25).
Yesterday I saw some really good AP rates at the YC/Water view...about $300.00 off rack rate, around $450.00 per night. This was mid December.

I’ve been trying to use the passholder discount for a trip in October (we’ve been canceling and rebooking since June). There were no rooms at AKV Kidani for the dates we’re staying there when the discount came out. Yesterday I was able to get it to show availability, but it kept glitching (due to no availability— I called) on the ”confirm“ page. Today there was availability! We are now in a 2 bedroom savanna view for approximately $200 less than rack rate for the 1 bedroom savanna view room I had originally booked! It‘s a lot of space for just my 9-year old daughter and me, but it’s saving money! And I’m excited to stay in the 2 bedroom villa. Hopefully we won’t end up cancelling this trip as well!

Wanted to update this. With the new discounts that were released yesterday, I was able to apply the AP discount and saved $358 on my 5 nights! Winner! :cloud9:

(Still hopeful CL will return real soon - at least by early 2021)
I have CR cl booked for the 50th! UGHHHHH I need it for that lol! Curious what Cr does for that milestone! At least I have a room because I booked before things cut off:flower1:

Thank you so much for this comparison! We have yet to pull the trigger on CL at UO but we are addicted to the EP resorts so I'm sure its only a matter of time. From what I've seen the UO CLs are operating much like you described. The exception is night apps come in a box. So there's a veggie box, cheese box and then a box with the main app...I've heard several reports of wings and mac and cheese.

On another note,, I'm 99% sure I'm completely delusional at this point but there's still a part of me thinking they'll bring CL back after the NBA leaves. My rationale is that they pulled their best/most experienced staff to assist them and wouldn't those most likely be a lot of the CL staff? Like I said, I'm well aware this is a big stretch and 99% not the case but its what I'm hanging onto for now.

I haven't been since either park reopened, I was mostly sharing what they were like before, and that 2 of them were open.

While all the parks were closed, I was also wondering how CL could be done. Putting food in small boxes makes sense. Well, to a point. Lots of packaging= lots of trash.

I'm tempted to say WDW need s a certain amount of volume to reopen CL. CL food comes from the hotel's main kitchen. Literally, one time we stayed at GF, and happened to dine at 1900 Park Fare - and they both had almost 100% exactly the same desserts. (not that we wanted to see more desserts after eating at the buffet.) That's mostly true across all the hotels. Much of the CL food is the same food they already offer at that hotel's TS; usually the hotel's buffet. So it might not make sense, from a practical standpoint to open the CL while the buffets are still closed. (not that they have to reopen as buffets, per say.)

I haven't been since either park reopened, I was mostly sharing what they were like before, and that 2 of them were open.

While all the parks were closed, I was also wondering how CL could be done. Putting food in small boxes makes sense. Well, to a point. Lots of packaging= lots of trash.

I'm tempted to say WDW need s a certain amount of volume to reopen CL. CL food comes from the hotel's main kitchen. Literally, one time we stayed at GF, and happened to dine at 1900 Park Fare - and they both had almost 100% exactly the same desserts. (not that we wanted to see more desserts after eating at the buffet.) That's mostly true across all the hotels. Much of the CL food is the same food they already offer at that hotel's TS; usually the hotel's buffet. So it might not make sense, from a practical standpoint to open the CL while the buffets are still closed. (not that they have to reopen as buffets, per say.)
This is a very valid point. I know that AKL uses apps from Boma (and some recipes from Sanaa, but the actual food is not brought from there). Add to that the cost of bringing back all of the furloughed CL staff and I can only imagine how little they feel like it would make sense financially to reopen for the time being.

ETA: We just pulled the plug on both our October and December CL stays :sad:

I have CR cl booked for the 50th! UGHHHHH I need it for that lol! Curious what Cr does for that milestone! At least I have a room because I booked before things cut off:flower1:

We're booked CR CL for the 50th as well! Hoping along with you that CL returns by then :wizard:.

We just pulled the plug on both our October and December CL stays :sad:

I pulled the plug on our Dec CL trip about 2 months ago. I kept telling myself I'll wait it out until at least fall, but the more I thought about it the more I realized things weren't going to change for the better by the end of the year. Now that CL for next year isn't bookable at the moment, I'm starting to wonder how next year will play out 😕.

We're booked CR CL for the 50th as well! Hoping along with you that CL returns by then :wizard:.

I pulled the plug on our Dec CL trip about 2 months ago. I kept telling myself I'll wait it out until at least fall, but the more I thought about it the more I realized things weren't going to change for the better by the end of the year. Now that CL for next year isn't bookable at the moment, I'm starting to wonder how next year will play out 😕.
Vegas?

Have fun! Don’t lose your house either😂

So are we! And RPC in May. We already lost our Poly CL half of the split to the refurbs. :( Hopefully CL we will be back by the spring because we are thinking of moving over to YC for that half and would love to try it there.

This is a very valid point. I know that AKL uses apps from Boma (and some recipes from Sanaa, but the actual food is not brought from there). Add to that the cost of bringing back all of the furloughed CL staff and I can only imagine how little they feel like it would make sense financially to reopen for the time being.

ETA: We just pulled the plug on both our October and December CL stays :sad:

Well, in a way the food actually is brought up from the restaurants. I don't mean in way that's gross, I mean each resort only has one central kitchen, even the Grand Floridian. Over the years, I've had multiple conversations with chefs who have explained how the kitchen work, in the context of explaining how they protect/help people with food allergies.

It is actually more accurate to say, they prep as much as possible in the central kitchen, then bring it to each dining location. The kitchen you see at Narcoosee's isn't big enough to completely make everything there.

They don't make one batch of chocolate chip cookies for Boma and another one for the CL, they just make one very big batch of chocolate chip cookies.

From the chef's perspective, BC and YC are one hotel.

I'm in the When Will They? club. It occurred to me that with shorter park hours the lounges will be too popular and people will linger either because they have nothing else to do or are trying to make a meal out of the offerings. Normally fine when people want to dash off to the parks, but not so ideal when no one has any where to go. I don't see CL reopening until park hours increase.

Just hope I can wait that long. Patience isn't one of my virtues.

I'm in the When Will They? club. It occurred to me that with shorter park hours the lounges will be too popular and people will linger either because they have nothing else to do or are trying to make a meal out of the offerings. Normally fine when people want to dash off to the parks, but not so ideal when no one has any where to go. I don't see CL reopening until park hours increase.

Well Disney isn’t giving your virtue any choice 🤣

But The Darkside CL is open...

Vegas?

Have fun! Don’t lose your house either😂

🤣 🤣

Thanks!! I've never been, so I'm pretty excited! Thought about doing a resort only Disney trip, but until this past week there weren't any discounts.....plus my AP expired in June (still waiting on my partial refund), so I looked into other places. Once I found $49 fares each way to/from Vegas, I jumped on it...lol. Hoping things get back to normal soon at Disney 🤞.

So are we! And RPC in May. We already lost our Poly CL half of the split to the refurbs. :( Hopefully CL we will be back by the spring because we are thinking of moving over to YC for that half and would love to try it there.

Seems like CR is the go to for a lot of Disers for the 50th :goodvibes.

It's been a long time since my last RPC stay, hoping to get back there soon. Hope CL returns at least by the time your trip rolls around. I think a GF RPC/YC CL is a great idea....best of both worlds :wizard:.

Since they aren't open, we cant's say for sure, but I imagine CL folks would tend to bring food directly to their rooms, over eating in the lounge at all. From what I've read about Universal's CL's, that's what they are encouraging people to do.

As for making a meal, well yes, but we've always considered the CL AM offerings to be our morning meal. (Then again, I don't usually eat much in the AM.)

Forgive me, but this thread has long trended towards criticizing how much CL food others eat, and it has always baffled me. If that's not your intent, I apologize. For the life of me, I can't imagine spending my vacation paying attention to what strangers are eating or not eating.

I sorta think if one family has a single toddler and another has three teens- they might not eat the same amount of food. Meanwhile, an adult couple- no kids- is drinking 3 glasses of wine +multiple cordials every day. If the teens are filling up on bread? It evens out. And if it doesn't? Well, food that's leftover just goes to a pig farm; WDW can't serve it again. I actually pay more attention to the amount of food waste, then anything others are eating.

Last year though, oh - when I saw the CL staff about to toss a tray of high end chocolate truffles? I confess, I jumped up to rescue them! (We ate them the next day in place of afternoon gummy bears.) Obesity is bad, but so is food waste. Tossing perfectly fine truffles is just all wrong!

Also, well, it is WDW. Until recently, home of the rampant buffets. Lots of times, even though it is WAY too much food, we've combined CL with character buffet dinners. If the lounge has tasty veggies, I'm all over those! But then I don't eat at the buffet.

It is very odd to have a waitperson say you haven't eat enough buffet food. Just very bizarre!

Last edited:
Since they aren't open, we cant's say for sure, but I imagine CL folks would tend to bring food directly to their rooms, over eating in the lounge at all. From what I've read about Universal's CL's, that's what they are encouraging people to do.

As for making a meal, well yes, but we've always considered the CL AM offerings to be our morning meal. (Then again, I don't usually eat much in the AM.)

Forgive me, but this thread has long trended towards criticizing how much CL food others eat, and it has always baffled me. If that's not your intent, I apologize. For the life of me, I can't imagine spending my vacation paying attention to what strangers are eating or not eating.

I sorta think if one family has a single toddler and another has three teens- they might not eat the same amount of food. Meanwhile, an adult couple- no kids- is drinking 3 glasses of wine +multiple cordials every day. If the teens are filling up on bread? It evens out. And if it doesn't? Well, food that's leftover just goes to a pig farm; WDW can't serve it again. I actually pay more attention to the amount of food waste, then anything others are eating.

Last year though, oh - when I saw the CL staff about to toss a tray of high end chocolate truffles? I confess, I jumped up to rescue them! (We ate them the next day in place of afternoon gummy bears.) Obesity is bad, but so is food waste. Tossing perfectly fine truffles is just all wrong!

Also, well, it is WDW. Until recently, home of the rampant buffets. Lots of times, even though it is WAY too much food, we've combined CL with character buffet dinners. If the lounge has tasty veggies, I'm all over those! But then I don't eat at the buffet.

It is very odd to have a waitperson say you haven't eat enough buffet food. Just very bizarre!
The last line lol!

Yep sometimes we eat a a lot at CL and other times not so much. 3 wines and cordials? You WERE watching me😂🍷🍷🍷🥂

The last line lol!

Yep sometimes we eat a a lot at CL and other times not so much. 3 wines and cordials? You WERE watching me😂🍷🍷🍷🥂
Oh no, I promise!

But I'm glad nobody except the CM saw us with the chocolates.

You are right, some days, the offerings just don't appeal to me either. Other days they are more desirable.

I tend to think it balances out for most folks, one way or another, and they try to be respectful. Though we are probably all prone to excusing our own moments of vacation excess.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter