Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Oh no, I promise!

But I'm glad nobody except the CM saw us with the chocolates.

You are right, some days, the offerings just don't appeal to me either. Other days they are more desirable.

I tend to think it balances out for most folks, one way or another, and they try to be respectful. Though we are probably all prone to excusing our own moments of vacation excess.
When I see a cooler roll in and the fridge get emptied into it I commence judgement. But that’s about it.

now had I seen you with that plate full of chocolate? There probably would have been some jealously 😂

So I just received this email about our AKL CL stay in December. "

In preparation for your upcoming stay, we would like to inform you that Club Level Amenities, services, and Cast Members for the Kilimanjaro Club Concierge room you have reserved are not currently available. Should these amenities remain unavailable during your stay, you will be refunded the point difference between the room type booked and the comparable Standard View room after check-out.

I'm not sure to take this as good or bad news. On one hand, it doesn't appear that CL is coming back in 2020 but on the other hand, if they had made that decision wouldn't the email simply be that there will not be any CL, period. It does say, should these amenities become available....

So I just received this email about our AKL CL stay in December. "

In preparation for your upcoming stay, we would like to inform you that Club Level Amenities, services, and Cast Members for the Kilimanjaro Club Concierge room you have reserved are not currently available. Should these amenities remain unavailable during your stay, you will be refunded the point difference between the room type booked and the comparable Standard View room after check-out.

I'm not sure to take this as good or bad news. On one hand, it doesn't appear that CL is coming back in 2020 but on the other hand, if they had made that decision wouldn't the email simply be that there will not be any CL, period. It does say, should these amenities become available....
Interesting.....

Enjoyed another make-our-own CL trip to YC this past weekend. But I’ll admit, I missed CL there. We did the Villa thing in July at BLT and Poly and I didn’t necessarily miss CL, but did at YC.

I had never ordered grocery deliver prior to COVID, but I’ve found I really enjoy using Garden Grocer and ordering exactly what we want.

Our food was mostly breakfast, with some light snacks. Definitely more challenging when eating in a resort with smaller rooms and fridges like YC vs a villa. And the trash - wow, four of us could fill the room trash cans very quickly. YC was quick to come take the trash when we called or used the app chat feature, so that was a plus.

Missed CL CM friends and resort familiar faces - didn’t see anyone we recognized around property. Granted it was a holiday weekend, so some of the more senior CL folks (if they have in fact been called or opted to come back in other roles) may have been off or not in visible roles.

They are putting guests in the 5th floor rooms. The lounge is locked up tight and CM desks are mostly cleared of all but the computer monitors and phones. Otherwise no signs of previous CL life around. A bit sad really.

Aside from some growing pains with how various resort amenities deal with crows/distancing/etc, we enjoyed the weekend and being back at YC for a quick trip.

They are putting guests in the 5th floor rooms. The lounge is locked up tight and CM desks are mostly cleared of all but the computer monitors and phones. Otherwise no signs of previous CL life around. A bit sad really.

😢

We’re trying again for Thanksgiving weekend. Maybe I will put in a request for a 5th floor room. At least I’d have my favorite view.

😢

We’re trying again for Thanksgiving weekend. Maybe I will put in a request for a 5th floor room. At least I’d have my favorite view.

I didn’t put in any requests, but in retrospect I wish I had, so I think it’s worth the request. We were on the fourth floor and I think maybe we’ve been spoiled by mostly staying on the fifth floor in the past. Maybe it was just our particular room location but we felt like we could hear noise - steps, talking, toilets flushing - above and around us. I wouldn’t say it was crazy noisy, just more so than past YC experiences.

With less park hours, no hopping, less things to do, it “feels” to me like people are in/around the resort and their rooms more often than not, so that probably also added to what seemed like a more noisy room situation than normal.

I hope your Thanksgiving trip works out - you’re due a trip!

Enjoyed another make-our-own CL trip to YC this past weekend. But I’ll admit, I missed CL there. We did the Villa thing in July at BLT and Poly and I didn’t necessarily miss CL, but did at YC.

I had never ordered grocery deliver prior to COVID, but I’ve found I really enjoy using Garden Grocer and ordering exactly what we want.

Our food was mostly breakfast, with some light snacks. Definitely more challenging when eating in a resort with smaller rooms and fridges like YC vs a villa. And the trash - wow, four of us could fill the room trash cans very quickly. YC was quick to come take the trash when we called or used the app chat feature, so that was a plus.

Missed CL CM friends and resort familiar faces - didn’t see anyone we recognized around property. Granted it was a holiday weekend, so some of the more senior CL folks (if they have in fact been called or opted to come back in other roles) may have been off or not in visible roles.

Aside from some growing pains with how various resort amenities deal with crows/distancing/etc, we enjoyed the weekend and being back at YC for a quick trip.

Sorry OT but how were the crowds really, this past weekend? I know you have been a couple of times since the reopening. I saw pics of the splash line over the bridge, mine train backed up to Ariel and space backed up to CoP, yet the signs would read under 60 minutes, i think space said 40 min and I just didn't see how that was possible. What was your experience?

Sorry OT but how were the crowds really, this past weekend? I know you have been a couple of times since the reopening. I saw pics of the splash line over the bridge, mine train backed up to Ariel and space backed up to CoP, yet the signs would read under 60 minutes, i think space said 40 min and I just didn't see how that was possible. What was your experience?

I’m probably the wrong person to ask as we did more resort time than park time and didn’t do all the parks, but while more crowded than July, just being in the parks felt pretty manageable/normal to me. The lines are visually so screwy with the distancing and no FPs - you look at them and are like “NO WAY” but they tend to move pretty quickly, so it’s hard to say. I preferred July crowds of course, but I think at the time I probably said they were unsustainably low.

But I’m not sure if I really rode enough things to provide good insight though.

Thanks for email about club level at AK in December. We have CL booked at Wilderness Lodge for thanksgiving. I know the main lodge is not open. However, I have gotten no emails or phone calls yet. Crossing fingers they move us to copper creek

Don’t know how many of you that stay at the BWI know Jackie, my favorite CM , by the way, but she retired today. My family will miss her so very much. Over the many years of stays there Jackie has become such a dear friend of ours and has made our trips so special. We wish her all the best during her retirement.

So was the 5th floor open access to everyone? By that I mean normally most people can't access the 5th floor via the elevator. Usually only people staying CL have access activated, and they have to scan their band/card over the sensor. Was the security turned off is what I'm asking.

That little extra security might be something people want to avoid, or something they might still want to request, or just a useful bit of info to ask about if they happen to be put on those floors at any of the WDW hotels.

So was the 5th floor open access to everyone? By that I mean normally most people can't access the 5th floor via the elevator. Usually only people staying CL have access activated, and they have to scan their band/card over the sensor. Was the security turned off is what I'm asking.

That little extra security might be something people want to avoid, or something they might still want to request, or just a useful bit of info to ask about if they happen to be put on those floors at any of the WDW hotels.

The MB scanner was off. The 5th floor button lit up when pressed just as every other floor.

Cr’s 12th floor was in use for our trip. A room is a room as far at the resort goes.

I did request 14th floor but was told not allowed to. Lol I tried.

Don’t know how many of you that stay at the BWI know Jackie, my favorite CM , by the way, but she retired today. My family will miss her so very much. Over the many years of stays there Jackie has become such a dear friend of ours and has made our trips so special. We wish her all the best during her retirement.

We loved Jackie. She really went above and beyond when we had a ticket issue once. From what i've heard about her over the years she made a lot of magic happen for people.

Please send her our best! Jackie and Pete made our stays at the BWI CL so very special over the years that our family have stayed there. I know Pete retired a couple of years ago and now with Jackie retiring when we ever get back to the BWI CL things just wont be the same. She has certainly earned a wonderful retirement!

Got whacked in the latest DLR cancellation round. (I’ve rescheduled that trip so many times I’m not even sad at this point 😬) I was booked GCH CL but since it’s been pulled from booking I had to switch to non-CL. No funky business of take this fancy room for the CL price, they just adjusted the rate to reflect the non-CL room rate. (Which makes sense because I could have booked a fresh reservation myself online if they tried that.)

I did a "make your own CL" at YC the other weekend as well, I drove down from GA so I just packed it and brought it with me. Mostly pre-made starbucks coffee drinks and muffins, some treats, tons of water bottles, stuff like that. Was helpful when the market had 2 not so savory options, and what I got from HH was less than stellar. I was alone and filled up those cans with a quickness, they came and got them once, thankfully I was only there for 3 nights. It has me wrestling with what to do for mousekeeping when DH and I go back Thanksgiving week. I like not having them coming in and messing around with stuff (even if they are cleaning), made me feel like I had a safe little bubble (until maintenance came in anyway). BUT DH is so messy I might need that every other day cleaning and trash service lol. One thing is for certain though, definitely bringing the treats again! Loved having that coffee before I had to officially present myself again. It'll have to do until we can get back to CL, which DH still hasn't gotten to enjoy, hopefully next year *fingers crossed*

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter