Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

edited I looked the answer up

Not sure about a minimum (actually, what Dave said above since he just posted!). My trip in July when I posted that was longer and I was gearing up for all breakfasts and some other meals in the room just given the whole situation. Add adult beverages, bottled water, and just general over-clicking of things into the cart, and it added up. 8-)

Before we stayed CL, I had ordered from garden grocer many times for water in the room. Breakfast items : cereal, bananas, oatmeal and wine and crackers for late night snack. It adds up quickly. I even got baby wipes and shampoo too

I won't touch Garden Grocer with a 10 mile long pole.
My story is online here someplace but it boils down to the experience was expensive and the attitude they gave me for mis-delivering my order and then the owner consuming my food on the phone while I tried to get them to deliver what I had paid for wasn't pleasant.

Well, add me to the list of DIY CL-ers this summer! We did two trips...one was me and DS, and one was just me (my first solo trip!). I tried to get as close as I could to AKL’s offerings...even stayed at Kidani for two nights (that was a last-minute scramble, though, as the airline changed my flight) and ordered sparkling wine, chocolate, melons, Frangelico, and African wines. I even had butter chicken at Sanaa. I missed the sound of drumming a bit, but luckily my neighbours the first night more than made up for it.

Overall, it was a nice bandaid solution, but I’m saddened every time I have to strike out another CL stay on the calendar this year. Hoping that 2021 will allow us to all toast each their from our respective CL happy places 🥂

Well, add me to the list of DIY CL-ers this summer! We did two trips...one was me and DS, and one was just me (my first solo trip!). I tried to get as close as I could to AKL’s offerings...even stayed at Kidani for two nights (that was a last-minute scramble, though, as the airline changed my flight) and ordered sparkling wine, chocolate, melons, Frangelico, and African wines. I even had butter chicken at Sanaa. I missed the sound of drumming a bit, but luckily my neighbours the first night more than made up for it.

Overall, it was a nice bandaid solution, but I’m saddened every time I have to strike out another CL stay on the calendar this year. Hoping that 2021 will allow us to all toast each their from our respective CL happy places 🥂

I like the way you think....chocolate, sparkling wine, frangelico, sounds like a nice spread. We've had those drumming neighbors too, glad it was only 1 night!

Well we finally pulled the plug on our Christmas AKL CL trip. This almost guarantees that they will announce CL is coming back next week. Hehe. DH and I discussed it and realized that since the main lodge isn't really open, just 1 DVC floor that the likelihood of them opening the whole thing with CL just probably wasn't in the cards this year. Good news is that AKL is our home resort so we have many more years there to enjoy CL.

Did Club open back up at AKL? I'm seeing it as an option with DVC.

View attachment 525947

CL amenities are not available, but those rooms are bookable. Here’s a recent report from @NicoleLarson on what they are communicating to guests:

So I just received this email about our AKL CL stay in December. "

In preparation for your upcoming stay, we would like to inform you that Club Level Amenities, services, and Cast Members for the Kilimanjaro Club Concierge room you have reserved are not currently available. Should these amenities remain unavailable during your stay, you will be refunded the point difference between the room type booked and the comparable Standard View room after check-out.

I'm not sure to take this as good or bad news. On one hand, it doesn't appear that CL is coming back in 2020 but on the other hand, if they had made that decision wouldn't the email simply be that there will not be any CL, period. It does say, should these amenities become available....

Did Club open back up at AKL? I'm seeing it as an option with DVC.

View attachment 525947

And thats why you are seeing so many cancellations, we (DVC members) don't want to stay at a 1/5 open Jambo house, on the 6th floor with no CL and no amenities. Given, it looks like they will refund the point difference for what a standard view room would be but that's still not "worth it" IMO and it seems as though others are feeling this way as well.

And thats why you are seeing so many cancellations, we (DVC members) don't want to stay at a 1/5 open Jambo house, on the 6th floor with no CL and no amenities. Given, it looks like they will refund the point difference for what a standard view room would be but that's still not "worth it" IMO and it seems as though others are feeling this way as well.

My agent at Dreams spoke with someone higher up at Disney that manages CL and what they’re saying is no CL anywhere till at least mid-Nov. I have CL booked for GF this Christmas and even that happening seems slim. There’s no way AKL has CL open now...

My agent at Dreams spoke with someone higher up at Disney that manages CL and what they’re saying is no CL anywhere till at least mid-Nov. I have CL booked for GF this Christmas and even that happening seems slim. There’s no way AKL has CL open now...
My guess is even if CL opens back p at other resorts, Jambo won't get CL back until they open back up the entire resort.

January at the earliest. Depending on how the flu season kicks in, the restrictions may be into next spring.

My guess is even if CL opens back p at other resorts, Jambo won't get CL back until they open back up the entire resort.

January at the earliest. Depending on how the flu season kicks in, the restrictions may be into next spring.
The Southern Hemisphere had a record low flu season (flu basically no-showed) so if that’s your concern you have a good case to be optimistic :)

I had a main building club room booked for Christmas week. When I originally booked I was told even if there is no club I could essentially pay more to stay in the main building. While I was skeptical how accurate this was I booked anyway several months ago. I called today to inquire about the possibility of the club returning by Christmas. The cm told me if I didn’t switch to an outer building I would be moved to one at check in as club wouldn’t be available until 2021.

We are now very confuse with all the “different answers” Way back in May we were told Wildness Lodge would be closed.
So Disney moved us to GF CL for the dates
11-27-12-3-20 . Then we had one night GF CL separate reservation number 12-3-4-20.
One night AKL CL 12-4-5-20. That was May.
Disney moved us again saying AKL would be closed and moved us to KV Deluxe Studio but nothing was available so Disney gave us
“Pixie Dust” 1 B. Once again another move.
Disney said “All Clubs Level won’t be open till next year. 11-27-3-20 was moved again
to Poly Deluxe Studio but 12-3-4-20 was move to THV. We really wish we had a confirmed answer but with this COVID-19
we understand. Did this happen to anyone
with these dates? What is the best grocery service to Disney?

We've just cancelled our DVC CL at AKL as we too didn't want to stay with most of the Lodge closed. We've transferred to BWV as we were there for four nights before the Lodge. Our summer to Sugarloaf was cancelled as we're in the UK and at the moment I'm not too hopeful that this one will go ahead.
We've spent Christmas at WDW since 2009 so I'm keeping everything crossed.

I had a main building club room booked for Christmas week. When I originally booked I was told even if there is no club I could essentially pay more to stay in the main building. While I was skeptical how accurate this was I booked anyway several months ago. I called today to inquire about the possibility of the club returning by Christmas. The cm told me if I didn’t switch to an outer building I would be moved to one at check in as club wouldn’t be available until 2021.

So are they charging the same amount or will they give you a refund?

i just called to check on my CL thanksgiving stay at the YC. The phone CM had no idea how the YC was handling the CL and I should just keep checking the website. we booked at rack rate last year. when AP rates for the fall came out I booked a equivalent non CL room for half the price of my CL. just waiting to see what happens. why should I pay rack rate for the same room i could get for cheaper. I'll check closer to arrival time and then cancel CL if they don't offer it.

Very disappointed in Disney right now for the lack of communication over these hotel stays. they should know 60 days out what is happening and be in contact with their guests. Crazy times, that's for sure

Very disappointed in Disney right now for the lack of communication over these hotel stays. they should know 60 days out what is happening and be in contact with their guests. Crazy times, that's for sure
We're first week of December, BWI, CL Deluxe, bought and paid for. I agree that the powers that be MUST have an idea by now as to when the BWI resort will open, but most importantly, if CL is gonna be offered at all in 2020. Just a little honest, verifiable communication would be nice.

We're first week of December, BWI, CL Deluxe, bought and paid for. I agree that the powers that be MUST have an idea by now as to when the BWI resort will open, but most importantly, if CL is gonna be offered at all in 2020. Just a little honest, verifiable communication would be nice.
those in your shoes should have heard something especially since your resort will be closed.

we check into the campground on Nov 10th. our YC isn't until the 21st. i'm heading over there before my 5 day cancellation and asking in person if I don't hear anything before hand. (they should know something a week out, but this is Disney 🤣🤣🤣)

the one saving grace is that if they cancel CL, my reserve reservation will be paid in full from moving deposits forward for spring/summer closure cancellations. Hopefully by next June they will have figured this out. but at this point, i'm leery about even June 😥

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!