Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

Does anyone know if there are usb outlets anywhere in the rooms at the Contemporary? And if so, how many? I’m just trying to figure out how many cords and plugs I need to bring to charge all of our devices. Thanks!

Does anyone know if there are usb outlets anywhere in the rooms at the Contemporary? And if so, how many? I’m just trying to figure out how many cords and plugs I need to bring to charge all of our devices. Thanks!

I had a room in the main tower in April and my room pics show 4 usb outlets and 2 electrical outlets on the bedside table. There might be one more usb by the desk. There are 4 electrical outlets by the desk.

There are four on the nightstand between the two beds (see below). I am pretty sure these are the only ones, I think. CR hasn’t been updated to have USB outlets all over the place, like some of the other resorts.

3.JPG

Please add us for BLT 10/11-15/17 for MNSSHP!! Thanks :-)

I'll add you now, @dmetcalfrn - better late than never:blush:

Hi everyone. We are renting points and staying at BLT from October 14-21 in a studio Lake View. It's our first time at a Monorail resort and will most likely be our last trip for a long while. I'm the only Disney fanatic in the household and I basically have to pay for the trip myself and have a 50th birthday to get everyone else to go with me. Does anyone have any suggestions for me? Should I fax and request a certain room? Anything anyone can think of? Thanks!

You're going to love BLT and I'll log your dates, @lizerbug.

Thank you for posting your view, @ctipp79:)

Hi. I have a question I hope someone here can answer. We are staying at CR tower TPV rooms Dec 4-8 this year. I need one room with 2 queen beds and one with 1 king bed. I have been on touringplans to select rooms and they have all the rooms listed as 2 queens. Can anyone tell me if there is a way to tell which room numbers have king beds?

I'll add your dates to the Log-o-Rail, @lambdabeta. Other than an odd-numbered TPV room in the Tower having the bed facing toward the MK while lying in it, the room number isn't associated with the type of bed.

Looking forward to our first time staying at the CR in January. Thank you WDWKOOK for posting so much info and so many photos!!!

Happy planning, @Alisa13 and thank you for your kind comment:)

There are four on the nightstand between the two beds (see below). I am pretty sure these are the only ones, I think. CR hasn’t been updated to have USB outlets all over the place, like some of the other resorts.

View attachment 276001

Thank you, @GADisneyDad14. Great shot of the USBs, which I will add to the ROOM chapter.

I'm driving myself crazy because I still can't decide what to do. Booking this trip so far in advance is going to have me second guessing it for months.

Right now we are booked for a split stay between CR-TPV (4 nights) and AoA Nemo suite (4 nights).
Me, DH, DS10, DS(almost)2, DS(almost)2
We having DDP booked right now, which we will probably drop unless it goes free, because I don't feel like it's a good value since my DS10 is considered an adult.

But I'm leaning more and more toward staying at CR for the whole trip, but still can't decide between theme park view vs. lake view vs. garden wing. If we do stay at CR the whole stay, we can save $578 by doing lake view, or $962 doing GW-deluxe. (No availability for standard GW rooms right now).

If you stay in the tower on the bay lake side, I thought I read somewhere that you can go to a balcony at the end of your hallway and watch the fireworks. Is that true? Or is that just on a certain floor?

I kind of want to do the tower because it's the tower, and the views will be great, closer to the monorail and everything else. But the GW seems to have its perks too, especially if we can get a ground level floor. Does anyone know if there are definitely deluxe rooms on the first level?

I'm driving myself crazy because I still can't decide what to do. Booking this trip so far in advance is going to have me second guessing it for months.

Right now we are booked for a split stay between CR-TPV (4 nights) and AoA Nemo suite (4 nights).
Me, DH, DS10, DS(almost)2, DS(almost)2
We having DDP booked right now, which we will probably drop unless it goes free, because I don't feel like it's a good value since my DS10 is considered an adult.

But I'm leaning more and more toward staying at CR for the whole trip, but still can't decide between theme park view vs. lake view vs. garden wing. If we do stay at CR the whole stay, we can save $578 by doing lake view, or $962 doing GW-deluxe. (No availability for standard GW rooms right now).

If you stay in the tower on the bay lake side, I thought I read somewhere that you can go to a balcony at the end of your hallway and watch the fireworks. Is that true? Or is that just on a certain floor?

I kind of want to do the tower because it's the tower, and the views will be great, closer to the monorail and everything else. But the GW seems to have its perks too, especially if we can get a ground level floor. Does anyone know if there are definitely deluxe rooms on the first level?
You can definitely go to a balcony on the end of each floor. Also there is a deck at the end of the fourth floor past the shops you can watch them from. It’s a big observation deck. Here’s the view I had from there one night. The view is better further down but I was feeling lazy lol2EB58DAF-7FA2-47AB-AFAD-527C13B502A7.jpeg

Any good suggestions for a 1 bedroom villa (STANDARD VIEW) request? Would love to see some pictures. Also, is the cross-walk on level 5? Thanks!

Any good suggestions for a 1 bedroom villa (STANDARD VIEW) request? Would love to see some pictures. Also, is the cross-walk on level 5? Thanks!

No idea on room request but yes the skybridge is on the 5th Floor Bay Lake connecting to 4th Floor of contemporary, right behind the gift shops. There are signs and such but if you're like me and really tired on arrival day you might just miss them all and go walking around looking in the wrong spot ;)

Well it has been a long time since we booked this vacation get a way and still have 9 days to go.
Checking in Next Sunday for a well needed vacation.

Busy year for us.
Daughter graduated college and full time employee and off our payroll.
Had a fabulous summer cruise before those nasty hurricanes hit.

Booked an Alaskan cruise for next summer

And between working full time and helping family members.................................need to get away.

Hoping for a good room in the tower room (the building the monorail goes thru).

We have always stayed at the GF or Wilderness lodge, but wanted something different.

Got all our dinner reservations and FP

Cannot wait!!!

But I guess we have too.

Byeeeeeeeeeee

Anyone know if the CR rooms still do not have clocks?

Also, anyone know what the current pool hours are?

I will be checking in this Sunday!

Also, anyone know what the current pool hours are?

I will be checking in this Sunday!

Have a great time and hope it is cooler than last week when we were at Disney! BTW...we stayed at WL CL(nice but we miss our BLT) and they still didn't have clock radios in the room so I would bet CR doesn't either

Maybe, maybe not. When they removed them from all rooms property wide, guests were not happy. So if a guest requested one, housekeeping would bring one to them.. They would not go back and remove it so now that room has one. If nobody ever requested one in a particular room it won't have one.

Well it has been a long time since we booked this vacation get a way and still have 9 days to go.
Checking in Next Sunday for a well needed vacation.

Busy year for us.
Daughter graduated college and full time employee and off our payroll.
Had a fabulous summer cruise before those nasty hurricanes hit.

Booked an Alaskan cruise for next summer

And between working full time and helping family members.................................need to get away.

Hoping for a good room in the tower room (the building the monorail goes thru).

We have always stayed at the GF or Wilderness lodge, but wanted something different.

Got all our dinner reservations and FP

Cannot wait!!!

But I guess we have too.

Byeeeeeeeeeee
I like the "off our payroll" part. Mine also graduated and moved 6 hours away. Unfortunately we find it easier to meet in Orlando vs driving that far to visit. Oh well I guess good ole mom will have to suck it up and take her girl to Disney ...often.

I think you'll like CR. It's so different from the others. I also enjoy the boat from there over to wl for a relaxing and fun thing to do.

I hate the no clock thing. I bring one, too. They replaced it for the charger - but there are chargers with clocks. So annoying.

For anyone who's been there recently, how are the buses from the CR stop? We're thinking of making this our first carless trip in a while and we'd probably only use the buses to get to AK for rope drop (taking the monorail to EP is an attraction in itself when you have a 4 year old...) Are they jam packed first thing in the morning? Are the waits long? Our backup plan is to Minnie Van to AK. We'd end up coming back in the middle of the afternoon, so any experience with buses from AK to CR at that time? Thanks!

For anyone who's been there recently, how are the buses from the CR stop? We're thinking of making this our first carless trip in a while and we'd probably only use the buses to get to AK for rope drop

I'd be interested in this information also, especially the bus for AK. It's been about 8 years since I've stayed at the CR. From what I can remember, the buses to AK were a nightmare. Seems like they stopped at another resort, (Poly maybe) and then stopped at Blizzard Beach both going to the park and returning to the CR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!