Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

Need some advice.....

We're staying at Bay Lake Tower on our next trip. It's me, the wifey, and our daughters who will be almost 3 and 6.

The price of a 1 bedroom villa w/ a MK view, and a 2 bedroom villa with a standard view - are the exact same. Literally within about $10 of each other total.

So, what would you do? Get the 2 bedroom and extra space so the girls can have their own room, or do the 1 bedroom and have the MK view for fireworks?

Something to take into account is that my wife isn't exactly a "Disney person" the crowds and noise levels give her anxiety. She loves me dearly, so she bears with it, and overall has an ok time on these trips, but it's mostly for me and the kids. In other words, she wouldn't plan any of these trips, or try to go without me and the girls pushing for it. So, having that extra space for her to do yoga, or just take a break away from all the energy that is Disney World may also be a bonus for a 2 bedroom.

Any advice is welcome, especially from those of you w/ young kids that have stayed at BLT, or with spouses that aren't nearly as big of Disney fans as you are.

Thanks!

If you're asking what I'd do in your shoes...I'd see if there were any bay lake views. If she doesn't like crowds or noise she may be more comfortable with that side because of the lake/views than the other side. I'm not too familiar with the standard views but I hear they are on the lower floors and that makes me think that they would potentially be more prone to outside noise.

If your only 2 options are the ones you stated I'd probably still go with the 2 Bdr for the exact reasons you stated. Either way you are in a good location for fireworks viewing without the crowds.

Need some advice.....

We're staying at Bay Lake Tower on our next trip. It's me, the wifey, and our daughters who will be almost 3 and 6.

The price of a 1 bedroom villa w/ a MK view, and a 2 bedroom villa with a standard view - are the exact same. Literally within about $10 of each other total.

So, what would you do? Get the 2 bedroom and extra space so the girls can have their own room, or do the 1 bedroom and have the MK view for fireworks?

Something to take into account is that my wife isn't exactly a "Disney person" the crowds and noise levels give her anxiety. She loves me dearly, so she bears with it, and overall has an ok time on these trips, but it's mostly for me and the kids. In other words, she wouldn't plan any of these trips, or try to go without me and the girls pushing for it. So, having that extra space for her to do yoga, or just take a break away from all the energy that is Disney World may also be a bonus for a 2 bedroom.

Any advice is welcome, especially from those of you w/ young kids that have stayed at BLT, or with spouses that aren't nearly as big of Disney fans as you are.

Thanks!
Is there any reason to be worried about your daughters having access to the balcony? There will be a balcony off the second bedroom. If you think you might have to worry, you might want to go with the one bedroom since they balcony they would have access to is the same one off your bedroom. Plus the access to the corridor is right next to the exit door from their bedroom. It might be overkill with a 3 and 6 yr old.
BLT_2bd_16x9.jpg

Do you guys have a favorite room in the bay lake - tower view? (not BLT DVC) or does it really matter? it seems like all the tower views are pretty good.

Do you guys have a favorite room in the bay lake - tower view? (not BLT DVC) or does it really matter? it seems like all the tower views are pretty good.
The view is pretty much the same on that entire side of the building. A little more toward BLT would give you a closer look at BTL, I suppose, while the end would put you with a slightly better view of the Garden wing. but I can't really think of why you'd choose one over the other. We've stayed near both ends and felt the view was similar. Both also offer a solid view of the water parade at night.

Where the BL view rooms differ though is perhaps the noise level.
1. On all floors, the end rooms will be quietest, because few folks walk down to the end.
2. we haven't stayed on a lower floor for quite some years, but when last we did, we could hear some noise form Chef Mickey's/4th floor dining. At the time, it was the music we heard, not the people or the monorail. Since we started staying on the upper floors, we haven't heard any music. Maybe the music is now gone or much quieter.

That said- ALL BL view rooms are not 100% quiet. You WILL HEAR the boat horns some(starting in AM and going late) AND you WILL HEAR the water parade at night. We don't mind these at all though. We're up fairly early to arrive rope drop o'clock, and also love the water parade.

We actually prefer rooms that are closest to the middle of the hotel because they are closest to the elevator. BUT... it isn't a big deal if we get stuck at the far end of the floor, because none of the rooms are all that far from the elevator. Compared to other WDW and non-WDW hotels, all walks are short (at least all rooms in the CR main tower building.)

At CR, we actually prefer BL view over theme park view, as it is quite pretty. Another bonus is that you can see the pools. Seeing the pool from our room can sometimes save us an unnecessary walk to the pool if a pop-up thunderstorm is in the area. Most FL hotels (All?) clear the pool well before the lightning arrives: often while it is still sunny! Other times, folks happily swim in the rain if no lightning!

Last edited:
We are staying at CR for the first time in a month. We are very excited about this because we have never stayed at one of the monorail resorts. We have a Garden wing room with a garden view. Does anyone have any recommendations for room requests? Does it matter where we are? I know I read that some of the rooms are double beds for accessibility purposes which we don’t want. Thanks

Need some advice.....

Something to take into account is that my wife isn't exactly a "Disney person" the crowds and noise levels give her anxiety.
Thanks!
We've never stayed at BLT, but we stay at CR, and took the BLT DVC tour, so I've seen the rooms.

I'm sure you'll be fine with either choice, but I'd probably go for the two bedroom. Those rooms are really nice.

If she doesn't like crowds, she'll probably enjoy being able to see the MK fireworks from BLT. When we stay at CR, we almost always view the fireworks from CR. It is much more relaxing to see them from CR, and not having to fight the crowds.

Even w/ the standard view rom, you'll have options at BLT/CR to see the fireworks, just not your room.

The only downside is that you might get spoiled, and she might decide she loves staying there! :)

Just curious for those of you who love staying at this resort, how do you handle the sink situation? I have read that they splash more and what do you do about your toiletries (toothbrushes, cosmetics, etc). It seems like the sink area doesn't have a lot of counter space to accommodate much. Thanks.

I'm glad you asked this as looking at pictures I have been wondering the same thing but it didn't occur to me to ask. Thanks GoldnSilverPixieDust!
My wife and I will be sharing with our 3 kids ... that's a lot of toothbrushes and what not :)

Just curious for those of you who love staying at this resort, how do you handle the sink situation? I have read that they splash more and what do you do about your toiletries (toothbrushes, cosmetics, etc). It seems like the sink area doesn't have a lot of counter space to accommodate much. Thanks.

Ha!

We tend to use one sink as a "counter" and one sink as the real sink.

There is decent storage on the shelf underneath the sink, although we don't tend to use it in practice (don't like to organize/put stuff away each day).

7.JPG

I have a hanging makeup bag that expands nicely so I don't have to set things out on the counter. I do wish there was space to get ready separate from the shower area, but sacrifices had to be made in order to walk to MK. :D

What amenities does the garden wing tower have? Is it just rooms, or do they have a mug refill, public restroom (for times when one bathroom isn't enough because family members are taking forever to get ready), ice, vending, etc? Thanks!

What amenities does the garden wing tower have? Is it just rooms, or do they have a mug refill, public restroom (for times when one bathroom isn't enough because family members are taking forever to get ready), ice, vending, etc? Thanks!
It's been a while, but elevator, stairs, and perhaps ice. No mug refill, no public restroom.

We stayed in a ground floor garden wing garden view room in December and loved it. We got lucky and faced the lake, so it was very quiet and peaceful in the evenings.

We were in the same area, the furthest corner room on the bottom floor. The walk was a little longer, but it was so nice and quiet, something that is hard to find at Disney World.

Our next trip we are back to staying at a value resort and I'm not happy about it- contemporary is SO much nicer and easier with a small child.

Well it depends on where you get your room in the WING. The pool has bathrooms , refill station etc. It could be convenient or not.

Also the 1st floor of lobby has bathrooms right when you enter lobby from outside /rear . Enter from rear and they are located far right corner.

Contemporary%20Resort%20Map.jpg

Attachments

• upload_2018-6-18_12-45-22.jpeg
    upload_2018-6-18_12-45-22.jpeg
    11.3 KB · Views: 10
Ha!

We tend to use one sink as a "counter" and one sink as the real sink.

There is decent storage on the shelf underneath the sink, although we don't tend to use it in practice (don't like to organize/put stuff away each day).

View attachment 330513

Thanks everyone! That helps! I've never been to WDW (only Disneyland CA) but have been researching the resorts at WDW for a "someday" trip in the next few years. The Contemporary, Poly and GF are my top 3 choices since they are on the monorail. Being used to Disneyland CA; I love what everyone says about the walkability to the MK from the Contemporary, but the smaller counter space had me concerned. GADisneyDad, that picture is more up close and has a better angle (than others I have seen online) and it gives me a better idea of how much space is really between the sinks. It is tight but might be doable if everyone pairs down what they need to leave out on the counter. Thanks again.

Yes, the sinks are odd.

We always use one as a counter, and only use one as a sink. Sometimes it helps to drape a washcloth over the 'dry' sink to remind everyone to keep it dry.

Even if we don't always keep things on the 'dry' sink, it is nice to have the area dry. Part of what makes the sinks so odd, is that they don't drain; there's always a puddle. I find it is almost always nice to have a dry area.

Though we don't always follow this, but sometimes we use the arm of the mirror as a place to hang hand washed clothes/bathing suits until they stop dripping. So the sink that's by the mirror tends to be our 'wet' sink.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter