Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

Congrats on getting in this last hooray trip to the CR!

The best way to get a room in the Tower is to simply book it. Anything else is rare, random and in almost all cases what is know as an operational upgrade often called Pixie Dust.

Disney speak for an issue with you assigned room or they already gave it away so they upgrade you to a higher priced / more featured room.

Dave

What is the best way to get to Hollywood Studios from the Contemporary Resort early in the morning? My family is trying to get a Rise of the Resistance boarding group so therefore we want to to be in Hollywood Studios before park opening to get a good boarding group.

Just looking at the Contempo menu and noticed that it now lists a Halloween refillable mug. Can anyone staying there confirm this?

What is the best way to get to Hollywood Studios from the Contemporary Resort early in the morning? My family is trying to get a Rise of the Resistance boarding group so therefore we want to to be in Hollywood Studios before park opening to get a good boarding group.
We only had an issue when trying to get to HS. We had breakfast at poly and it was crazy busy.

For my upcoming stay I want to be at bus stop 8:45. If no comes or no room by 9-9:05 I will grab a rideshare or taxi. DD didn't want a taxi because she doesnt think cool enough but then regretted it later when our 1st uber drove in circles in the MK parking lot. She canceled that after watching 5 mins and got another. We still literally on RR at 9:45 and got a boarding group too.

On our trip last week, we were too scared to use the bus system. The first day we tried to Lyft directly to the park and that was a disaster. The second day, we made a mobile order at Boardwalk Bakery and then used Lyft to go to the Boardwalk resort. After breakfast, we walked over to HS. This was great as we were done with MMRR by 9:30am and ready to sit and grab a boarding pass

On our trip last week, we were too scared to use the bus system. The first day we tried to Lyft directly to the park and that was a disaster. The second day, we made a mobile order at Boardwalk Bakery and then used Lyft to go to the Boardwalk resort. After breakfast, we walked over to HS. This was great as we were done with MMRR by 9:30am and ready to sit and grab a boarding pass

Just curious, did the guard at BWI make you show your mobile order as proof to get in?

So how did you get Lyft to work to pick you up from the Contemporary resort? I suggest to get a Lyft or taxi but my sister says that the guard is not letting anyone from the outside into Disney World so therefore taxi or lyft is not going to work.

So how did you get Lyft to work to pick you up from the Contemporary resort? I suggest to get a Lyft or taxi but my sister says that the guard is not letting anyone from the outside into Disney World so therefore taxi or lyft is not going to work.

Taxis and rideshares can pick up at the resorts as usual.

Taxis and rideshares can pick up at the resorts as usual.
Thank you for the response! I guess the best way to get to Hollywood Studios from the Contemporary Resort is by taking a Lyft or Taxi to the Swan or Dolphin resort then walking to Hollywood Studios if everyones word in the thread is accurate.

Thank you for the response! I guess the best way to get to Hollywood Studios from the Contemporary Resort is by taking a Lyft or Taxi to the Swan or Dolphin resort then walking to Hollywood Studios if everyones word in the thread is accurate.

No personal experience with this, but some people also suggest putting the destination as that speedway gas station in front of BWI. From there it’s a short walk along the sidewalk on Buena Vista Drive to the walking path to DHS.

Just curious, did the guard at BWI make you show your mobile order as proof to get in?

I had my phone ready to show the guard, but he was more interested in whether we were staying anywhere on property. We said we were staying at BLT and he scanned my band and let us through.

It was no problem for Lyfts to get in to pick us up. I think they have some sort of ID to show....dont quote me on that. We also used Lyft back to MCO

If you want to do it free another option is to walk to MK and take a bus to bwi for the shortest walk or any of the BW area would do.

I found leaving parks I waited less than any other time for a return bus. That was this summer vs many trips over the years.

What is the best way to get from either MK or CR to whispering canyon for dinner right now? How late does the ferry from WL run to MK? (Random dumb question—are beverages included with the ayce skillets?)

Last edited:
What is the best way to get my either MK or CR to whispering canyon for dinner right now? How late does the ferry from WL run to MK? (Random dude question—are beverages included with the ayce skillets?)
Maybe they know over on wL/BRV/CCV threads? I haven’t seen times yet. I’ll be back to BLT 10/8 and I will keep my eye out for any signs,

What is the best way to get my either MK or CR to whispering canyon for dinner right now? How late does the ferry from WL run to MK? (Random dude question—are beverages included with the ayce skillets?)
I don’t think beverages are included. The ferry probably runs for about an hour after MK closed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter