Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I am sorry if this has already been asked. Is Casitas 4 currently under renovation? Will the rooms in that section be updated by December 8th? If not does anyone know what sections will be. I saw in the original post that

Ranchos 7A, Cabanas 8A are complete and Casitas 1 & 3 are being worked on. I was just wondering if there have been any more updates recently, I noticed the original post was last updated in August.

Thanks so much!!!!

Hello! I just switched a CBR booking to CSR room. I am familiar with the construction and we don't believe it will be a problem with our 2 night stay.
It's a bit of a rushed trip and we don't anticipate using the resort at all.

I am a HUGE decorator/planner. Are there any pictures of the exterior of the rooms floating around? Doors and windows specifically? Or dimensions of the windows? Are the doors metal and magnetic?
My favorite part is planning door and window treatments, can you tell? :love:

Hello, I am sorry if this has already been asked. Is Casitas 4 currently under renovation? Will the rooms in that section be updated by December 8th? If not does anyone know what sections will be. I saw in the original post that

Ranchos 7A, Cabanas 8A are complete and Casitas 1 & 3 are being worked on. I was just wondering if there have been any more updates recently, I noticed the original post was last updated in August.

Thanks so much!!!!

As of now, there have been no new updates. As you mentioned Ranchos 7A, Cabanas 8A are complete and Casitas 1 & 3 are being worked on. Casitas 1 & 3 should be finishing up soon and then they should start on one (or two) more buildings. It will be interesting to see where they update next!

As of now, there have been no new updates. As you mentioned Ranchos 7A, Cabanas 8A are complete and Casitas 1 & 3 are being worked on. Casitas 1 & 3 should be finishing up soon and then they should start on one (or two) more buildings. It will be interesting to see where they update next!

Thank you!

Hey guys, whats the construction work looking like at the moment? We've just booked to go in Sept 2018, i know the tower will still be will under way at that point but do we think the rooms will all be done being renovated? And the bridge maybe?
I know its just guess work at this point but just judging from people who've recently been or are seeing the speed of the work?

Thanks!
Jess

Just back from staying in Cabanas 8a with pics of refurb room. Loved it.

Attachments

• F0AB9D72-6170-4333-9354-D11D7304BA24.jpeg
    F0AB9D72-6170-4333-9354-D11D7304BA24.jpeg
    51.5 KB · Views: 201
  • 44347024-43F1-42A5-9220-EA198651D5C2.jpeg
    44347024-43F1-42A5-9220-EA198651D5C2.jpeg
    66.8 KB · Views: 185
  • 5587F4D3-403A-49CD-89A1-A72812390BF7.jpeg
    5587F4D3-403A-49CD-89A1-A72812390BF7.jpeg
    64.4 KB · Views: 191
  • 052D09FB-AA44-4829-8CBF-30C0A165A657.jpeg
    052D09FB-AA44-4829-8CBF-30C0A165A657.jpeg
    103.1 KB · Views: 184
  • 135D627E-23C6-4951-B071-E17811A3F181.jpeg
    135D627E-23C6-4951-B071-E17811A3F181.jpeg
    107.9 KB · Views: 183
14 days until we are there, what secrets do I need to know? Besides renovated rooms and all that, what should we be eating and doing when we show up?

I'm going to be the odd one out. I hate the look of the new rooms. I really liked the old rooms. The pics I've seen online make me feel like I'd be sleeping inside a Chipotle. Not appealing at all.

I'm trying to decide between Coronado and Port Orleans Riverside first of January.

Anyone know what my chances of getting an old room are, and will it be really worn out if I do get one? I know I don't want a new room, but I also don't want an old room if it is in bad shape and in need of a refurbishment.

Suggestions on which old rooms to ask for, welcome.

Thanks

Funny, last time we stayed at CSR they had just finished the last refurb! Hoping for a new room, love the look of the new vanity

I'm going to be the odd one out. I hate the look of the new rooms. I really liked the old rooms. The pics I've seen online make me feel like I'd be sleeping inside a Chipotle. Not appealing at all.

I'm trying to decide between Coronado and Port Orleans Riverside first of January.

Anyone know what my chances of getting an old room are, and will it be really worn out if I do get one? I know I don't want a new room, but I also don't want an old room if it is in bad shape and in need of a refurbishment.

Thanks

Casitas 4 is our favourite location at CSR. Still old style rooms there.

We stayed in room 4430 for 10 nights last December and it was in excellent shape. It's actually the second time we have stayed in that exact room. We had requested it. My guess is that very few people request a 4th floor room and as a result this room probably has less miles on it than some others.

It is 4th floor right on the corner facing the lagoon. The stairs are to the right. You can see the EPCOT and DHS fireworks from the ledge in front of the room, the quiet pool/fitness centre are at the bottom of the stairs, it's close to the best bus stop (1st pick up), and the closest non preferred building to the food court (especially when staying at that front corner location). Anyway, great location and even if you don't get that exact room I bet most of the 4th floor rooms are in similar condition.

I personally love the pics of the new rooms, but if we were staying at CSR right now I would give up a refurbed room to be in Casitas 4. We enjoy the location that much.

Funny, last time we stayed at CSR they had just finished the last refurb! Hoping for a new room, love the look of the new vanity

LOL, us too! Maybe 8 or 9 years ago? We booked a bounce back at Coronado for next August. Hoping of course to get one of the refurb rooms, but honestly, I already thought they had some of the nicest rooms on the property.

Just back from staying in Cabanas 8a with pics of refurb room. Loved it.

Thanks for sharing! I can't tell from the photos (on my little screen)...were there disposable coffee cups with lids for use with the coffee maker, or mugs? Counting on being able to head out the door with coffee but not having to carry a travel mug/resort cup. Coffee consumption is near the top of my planning list

Thanks

I agree that I like the look of the old rooms better. The new rooms are nice, but IMO they don't fit with the theme of the resort. They're bland and no color at all except the curtains. We stayed in an old room in May last year and it wasn't in bad shape. It was very clean. Casitas 4 is also our favorite location. Not too far from the food court and it's at bus stop 2 which is the first to be picked up.

I am signed up with touring plans and they fax a room request for you 5 days out. I asked for room 8222 and got 8227 so very close.
Yes! I have a touring plans subscription and I have my fax all ready to go(and guess what room I have as my request ;) 8222. LOL) I bet that is a popular room. TP shows 8227 as a water view room! If you were booked standard, looks like you got an upgrade!
I really don't care which room I get, I just want a refurbished room!

How was the buses from that bus stop? Any problems not getting on the buses? I am still debating on 7A or 8A for the buses.
Thank you for the info!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter