Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to be the odd one out. I hate the look of the new rooms. I really liked the old rooms. The pics I've seen online make me feel like I'd be sleeping inside a Chipotle. Not appealing at all.

I'm trying to decide between Coronado and Port Orleans Riverside first of January.

Anyone know what my chances of getting an old room are, and will it be really worn out if I do get one? I know I don't want a new room, but I also don't want an old room if it is in bad shape and in need of a refurbishment.

Suggestions on which old rooms to ask for, welcome.

Thanks

We got an old room in June. It smelled so strong of mildew that after 10 minutes in the room, my husband went down to ask if they had anything else. We were moved to a new room with laminate floors. Much nicer..
We stayed at Riverside the previous year. No issue at all with mildew.

Called to reserve a room at CSR and the CM I was talking to said after the tower is completed that CSR will be a deluxe resort. I've never heard that before, is that a known thing or now?

D

I'm going to be the odd one out. I hate the look of the new rooms. I really liked the old rooms. The pics I've seen online make me feel like I'd be sleeping inside a Chipotle. Not appealing at all.

I'm trying to decide between Coronado and Port Orleans Riverside first of January.

Anyone know what my chances of getting an old room are, and will it be really worn out if I do get one? I know I don't want a new room, but I also don't want an old room if it is in bad shape and in need of a refurbishment.

Suggestions on which old rooms to ask for, welcome.

Thanks
Keep in mind too, if you book at POR, they are now allowing dogs.

I have reserved a Preferred King room. After watching the YouTube videos I became concerned with having construction all around the Casitas buildings 1,2,3. I called today and talked with CM who assured me that some of the Casitas buildings for preferred King rooms were renovated now. He stated he would put in the notes I strongly prefer a renovated room. We will see what happens.

Getting very excited for our Thanksgiving trip. Really want a refurbished room because last year we were unhappy with the worn out rooms. Fingers crossed we get lucky. I'm about to call and put Cabanas 8A as our only request. If we get to the resort very early on check-in day but are willing to head to the parks and wait until later in the day do you think we should be good?

My DH and I are staying at CSR for 3 nights and then switching to the YC. The CSR ressie is for a king bed and there is no availability for 2 bed rooms. On our 3rd night my DD is flying down and wants to meet us at the hotel(I cannot add her in the king room so she will stay that night at a friend's house, but the friend works during the day so the plan is to take some sort of shuttle or taxi to the CSR and meet us for lunch).

Two questions:
1. What is better - Uber or taxi or a shuttle like mears or supper shuttle?
2. If she is not on our ressie and takes a taxi/uber will they let her through the gate at csr? Can she just say she is meeting her parents for lunch who have a ressie even if she's not on the ressie?

Thanks

Hello all! We're strongly considering a switch from AoA to CSR for March of 18. Could someone point me to the page of this thread that has photos of the newly refurbished rooms vs the old ones? Thanks!

Hello all! We're strongly considering a switch from AoA to CSR for March of 18. Could someone point me to the page of this thread that has photos of the newly refurbished rooms vs the old ones? Thanks!

Some refurbished room pics about halfway down page 367.

You can also search for the easywdw.com review of the refurbished rooms....it includes before and after pics.

My DH and I are staying at CSR for 3 nights and then switching to the YC. The CSR ressie is for a king bed and there is no availability for 2 bed rooms. On our 3rd night my DD is flying down and wants to meet us at the hotel(I cannot add her in the king room so she will stay that night at a friend's house, but the friend works during the day so the plan is to take some sort of shuttle or taxi to the CSR and meet us for lunch).

Two questions:
1. What is better - Uber or taxi or a shuttle like mears or supper shuttle?
2. If she is not on our ressie and takes a taxi/uber will they let her through the gate at csr? Can she just say she is meeting her parents for lunch who have a ressie even if she's not on the ressie?

Thanks
Definitely Uber or Lyft. If she tells them she is visiting guests and gives your name there should be no problem at the guard shack.

I'm curious about the most recent photos of the refurbed rooms. They seem like they're unfinished - they don't have the artwork that the early photos of the renovations showed, both in concept art/model rooms and in the early reviews on EasyWDW and other sites. Do you think this is an oversight, that the pictured room wasn't quite completely finished, or did they really decide to take out even that little touch of color and theme in favor of blank white walls?

My parents are staying here in mid-November and my dad has a hard time with really long walks. We've stayed here bunches of times before, always in Casitas. I just saw the Casitas pool is closed for referb. How far is the walk from 7 or 8a to the main building? Is it comparable to the walk from Castias 4? Is there a pool in that area?

Yes! I have a touring plans subscription and I have my fax all ready to go(and guess what room I have as my request ;) 8222. LOL) I bet that is a popular room. TP shows 8227 as a water view room! If you were booked standard, looks like you got an upgrade!
I really don't care which room I get, I just want a refurbished room!

How was the buses from that bus stop? Any problems not getting on the buses? I am still debating on 7A or 8A for the buses.
Thank you for the info!

We had no problems with the buses at all. Bus stop 4 is literally right behind the building so after a long day its nice to be close. Bus stop 1 has been moved to the front of the hotel and it got very crowded 745 on every day we were there.

Thanks for sharing! I can't tell from the photos (on my little screen)...were there disposable coffee cups with lids for use with the coffee maker, or mugs? Counting on being able to head out the door with coffee but not having to carry a travel mug/resort cup. Coffee consumption is near the top of my planning list

Ours had disposable cups but we had bought a travel mug that we used.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!