Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if the current noise in Casitas is due to the tower construction or the Casitas 3 refurbishment. Can anyone shed light on how far away can you see/hear the tower construction noise?

I'm not sure what was causing the noise that my colleague heard; she did mention them paint and referred to other construction near her that was not related to the tower construction. But I never walked over to the Casitas area so I'm not sure what other construction she meant. We were in Cabanas 8a and could not hear the construction from inside our room. It was definitely audible to some extent from pretty much anywhere around the resort if you were outside. It didn't really detract from our experience, but the resort was noticeably less peaceful than when we visited in February.

I wonder if the current noise in Casitas is due to the tower construction or the Casitas 3 refurbishment. Can anyone shed light on how far away can you see/hear the tower construction noise?

I just got back from a stay in Casitas 1. We were in room 1350 and couldn't hear any construction. We didn't spend much time at the resort, but it honestly didn't bother us in the slightest when we were there.

For those concerned about transportation, we were told by another guest that the first pickup was stop 2, so we always went to that stop and never had an issue with a full bus.

ok thanks for that info. I just don't think I realized there would be that much construction at the Casitas section. I thought most was going to be the big tower.
Wish I could decide what to do I am nervous about the scooter/bus situation. Have you had full buses or seen scooters not be able to get on while you've been there? Thanks.

Because this trip was tacked on to attending a convention, we didn't use the buses in a typical fashion. We were getting on later in the evenings (after 5pm) and coming back to the hotel between 11pm and 1am. We never had any trouble catching a ride from Bus Stop 4 (Cabanas) during our stay. But things would probably have been very different if we had been trying to get to the parks for rope drop.

To much to read but hopefully this hadn't been ask hundreds of times already, first time at CSR, usually stay at POP but no rooms available when we went to book. What are quick breakfast options aside from pepper market since it will be closed while we are there. We do lunch and supper at the parks so that's not a concern and we like to get going in the morning so a sit down is out of the question. I have no issue doing our own room breakfast since we are only there for two days. Thanks in advance.

To much to read but hopefully this hadn't been ask hundreds of times already, first time at CSR, usually stay at POP but no rooms available when we went to book. What are quick breakfast options aside from pepper market since it will be closed while we are there. We do lunch and supper at the parks so that's not a concern and we like to get going in the morning so a sit down is out of the question. I have no issue doing our own room breakfast since we are only there for two days. Thanks in advance.

You can grab something quick at Cafe Rix (muffins, pastries, cereal, coffee).

Any suggestions for location request for an upcoming stay? Hoping for one of the refurbished rooms in a quieter area, if possible.

Any suggestions for location request for an upcoming stay? Hoping for one of the refurbished rooms in a quieter area, if possible.
We check in on Saturday (not a preferred room). We are asking for Ranchos as I've read it's away from the construction (hopefully). I've read it's far from the main hub but we have a car and won't be eating at CSR so that doesn't bother us.

We check in on Saturday (not a preferred room). We are asking for Ranchos as I've read it's away from the construction (hopefully). I've read it's far from the main hub but we have a car and won't be eating at CSR so that doesn't bother us.

Thank you for the suggestion! Sounds exactly like what we will need.

Two things

As of 12/31/2017, Las Ventanas will no longer be serving dinner. In the mean time, breakfast and lunch will still be available.

CSR is now offering credit for deferring housekeeping.

Wow that doesn't sound good. The bus situation has me stressing out! I knew about the construction when I booked but I have read quite a few bad things about the busses here since then. We are used to staying at Pop Century and never had any bus issues other than super packed after fireworks or something like that which is expected.
I am really starting to wish I hadn't switched from Pop I thought it would be great to try a Moderate Resort but now I'm nervous. I hate to pay more and have issues. I have even looked into moving to Pop or elsewhere but nothing else is available.
Pop Warner from 12/2 to 12/9

Checking in next week. Requested renovated room; fingers crossed! Here is my question: can you refill your mugs at the main pool bar? And do they have coffee and tea also? Was thinking I could just go there in the mornings for coffee and such if we end up in 7A... it would be in the 8-9 hour. Thoughts?

Any update on the Pepper Market rumors yet?

Just got an email that said it would remain open during refurbishment at least for my stay. (I arrive Feb 13)

During this time, our quick-service restaurant, Pepper Market, will undergo minor refurbishment work, but will remain in operation during your stay. If you would like to experience one of our other dining locations, we invite you to join us at Maya Grill, Las Ventanas, Café Rix, Laguna Bar, Siestas Cantina and our newly reimagined space, Rix Sports Bar & Grill, featuring a variety of sandwiches, salads and refreshing beverages. Our other exceptional amenities and recreation are scheduled to remain available for your enjoyment.

I received an email this morning telling me that the Pepper Market will be under going minor refurbishments but will still be in operation during my stay in February, so that's a good thing I guess!

Checking in next week. Requested renovated room; fingers crossed! Here is my question: can you refill your mugs at the main pool bar? And do they have coffee and tea also? Was thinking I could just go there in the mornings for coffee and such if we end up in 7A... it would be in the 8-9 hour. Thoughts?

Pretty sure you can get soda refills only when the bar is open (it's not self-serve). I thought they used to serve some breakfast items, but when I go to the Disney site it doesn't list breakfast, says it opens at 11 AM. I had been thinking if they served breakfast, you should be able to get coffee, but it doesn't look like that based on Disney's website. I haven't been there lately, so not sure.

Pretty sure you can get soda refills only when the bar is open (it's not self-serve). I thought they used to serve some breakfast items, but when I go to the Disney site it doesn't list breakfast, says it opens at 11 AM. I had been thinking if they served breakfast, you should be able to get coffee, but it doesn't look like that based on Disney's website. I haven't been there lately, so not sure.
Thanks!!

How does this work? How much credit, and how do I sign up? I arrive in 4 days and would love to take advantage of this!

You should ask at the front desk on your checkin day. I think I saw that some people got an email before their arrival, but if you don't be sure to ask. At Pop it was $10/night minus one, so for a 5 night stay I got $40. I have read they are now emailing the GC to you. It's a good deal for people like me who always leave the Do Not Disturb sign on my door the whole time anyway.

Just got an email that said it would remain open during refurbishment at least for my stay. (I arrive Feb 13)

During this time, our quick-service restaurant, Pepper Market, will undergo minor refurbishment work, but will remain in operation during your stay. If you would like to experience one of our other dining locations, we invite you to join us at Maya Grill, Las Ventanas, Café Rix, Laguna Bar, Siestas Cantina and our newly reimagined space, Rix Sports Bar & Grill, featuring a variety of sandwiches, salads and refreshing beverages. Our other exceptional amenities and recreation are scheduled to remain available for your enjoyment.

Thanks! Now I've got my fingers crossed hoping that the refurb brings in a Freestyle machine. :)

ETA: I just looked after seeing the updates on this thread, and I got the same e-mail. We check-in March 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter