Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

My first trip to Disneyworld! I'm so excited I feel like a kid again! I saved up for a long time so I could take myself and my best friend, since we've both had a very rough and sad year. I'm hoping this will put a little happiness and pep back in us to start off the new year. Used the Gift of Magic discount to get a standard room in Coronado Springs... I was torn between this resort and Caribbean. Both are under construction but I wanted a 'magic' experience with a nicer themed resort. (If I were richer I would have loved to stay at Animal Kingdom! Maybe someday!)

We're staying in January from the 18th-23rd. I have some questions I was hoping some regular-Disney goers could help with.
*I saw that Pepper Market is rumored to be closed at this time and that there may be other closings in the parks. Is there anything else we should have a heads up about that you can recommend, or would you suggest we stick to keeping our meals at the park?
* What is the weather like in January, should we pack some light jackets?
* Curious about which rooms are refurbished and farthest away from construction. I am a light sleeper.
Thanks for any feedback! Soooo excited!

My first trip to Disneyworld! I'm so excited I feel like a kid again! I saved up for a long time so I could take myself and my best friend, since we've both had a very rough and sad year. I'm hoping this will put a little happiness and pep back in us to start off the new year. Used the Gift of Magic discount to get a standard room in Coronado Springs... I was torn between this resort and Caribbean. Both are under construction but I wanted a 'magic' experience with a nicer themed resort. (If I were richer I would have loved to stay at Animal Kingdom! Maybe someday!)

We're staying in January from the 18th-23rd. I have some questions I was hoping some regular-Disney goers could help with.
*I saw that Pepper Market is rumored to be closed at this time and that there may be other closings in the parks. Is there anything else we should have a heads up about that you can recommend, or would you suggest we stick to keeping our meals at the park?
* Curious about which rooms are refurbished and farthest away from construction. I am a light sleeper.

What is the weather like where you are from?

I’m just gonna come out and say it...Disney messed up with performing major updates to multiple moderate resorts at the same time. I’m talking about Coronado and Carribean. What a terrible idea. I’m not saying it’s not a bad idea to update them. The execution is awful.

I think people have posted that the Pepper Market will be open while they're working on it.
January can be cold. Fleece and windbreakers are your friend.
Construction will not be going on at night, but buildings 4-7A are the farthest from it.

Weather in January is unpredictable. I've been there when it was freezing (literally - and wiped out all the landscaping), and I've been there when it was warm enough to wear shorts and t-shirts. Check the forecast before you pack, but be sure to include items you can layer, and definitely bring jackets. (I have a whole collection of jackets bought at WDW because a cold front came in unexpectedly.) The temperature may be in the 40s, which might be warm to you, but the humidity helps the cold seep through, and if there's wind it will feel even colder.

So all the Coronado experts out there. What Can you tell me about casitas bldg 1?
Casita 1 is connected to the convention center and you can use that entrance to get to the main building without going outside. There are some fountain view rooms and jr suites. It has already been refurbished.

I'm not sure what was causing the noise that my colleague heard; she did mention them paint and referred to other construction near her that was not related to the tower construction. But I never walked over to the Casitas area so I'm not sure what other construction she meant. We were in Cabanas 8a and could not hear the construction from inside our room. It was definitely audible to some extent from pretty much anywhere around the resort if you were outside. It didn't really detract from our experience, but the resort was noticeably less peaceful than when we visited in February.

I just got back from a split day and spent 3 nights in Casitas 5. There was a lot of construction around the Casitas area. It looks like half of Casitas 3 is undergoing the room renovations so most of the work looks to be inside but there were still lots of workers around and the upper floors definitely had some outside work happening. A lot of paint had been stripped in Casitas 5 where we were staying including around the doors and windows of our room. We kept joking that it seemed like they'd be coming in with the wrecking ball the minute we checked out. There was a large cherry picker parked right outside our building the whole time and some of the arched entryways to the building were blocked off at different times while they did some exterior work. There were scattered workers around all parts of the building doing minor things most of the day. The most noise we had was from some large scale landscaping work happening along the lake right outside our building and the building next door. Lots of tree cutting, woodchipping, etc on at least two of our days. We could not hear any of the work going on at the tower - all the noise we heard was from work happening in the Casitas.

I expected the construction and have been to WDW a lot so it was not a big deal for me but it was definitely a different kind of stay than my last stay at Coronado in May 2015.

Hello.... I have read back but unsure what room requests I should make, so hoping some of you experts can help me out. We have a Preferred Room booked for our 12/18 arrival. This is a short trip, only 4 nights. We would prefer a refurbished room if possible and closer to the bus stop given our short trip. Is there a specific building or floors I should request? Thanks!

Hello.... I have read back but unsure what room requests I should make, so hoping some of you experts can help me out. We have a Preferred Room booked for our 12/18 arrival. This is a short trip, only 4 nights. We would prefer a refurbished room if possible and closer to the bus stop given our short trip. Is there a specific building or floors I should request? Thanks!

I would make a single request of "refurbished room".

We will be there Easter week and thinking about asking for building 8A. We will use the pool and transport more than anything (and I think that is a refurbished building). Opinions on the location? No kids so as long as it is reasonably quiet we will be satisfied. Thoughts?

We will be there Easter week and thinking about asking for building 8A. We will use the pool and transport more than anything (and I think that is a refurbished building). Opinions on the location? No kids so as long as it is reasonably quiet we will be satisfied. Thoughts?

I've stayed in both 8A and 8B and loved the location. Quick walk to the pool, bus station right there and a quick walk to the main building.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!