Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I called and spoke with a CM, he told me he highly doubted that they would be putting the pop warner kids in the Tower this year. We shall see...I pray that he is right.

Last edited:

Just back and had a great time. We stayed in casitas which was fine. We were close to the market area. I loved the new bridges over the water. I loved no carpet in the room.

My one concern is the pool situation. It was packed! Like wall to wall people. I’m wondering if they added a pool in the new tower area? I’m guessing no because the dig pool was mobbed. There was a huge slide line and my kids opted to go back to the quiet pool near our room(which wasn’t so quiet one night and the cops showed up😳) glad we weren’t swimming then.

If they figure out the pool we would stay here again in a heartbeat.

We had a similar experience, we complained and moved to Animal Kingdom Lodge because of the pools, would never stay there again. Much better experience at the pools at AK

In addition, Suites are any level 3-15.

Quoting my own post, I am pretty sure there are no water view Suites on floor 3, but floor 4 definitely has them. (You can guess by looking the windows, water view suites have semi-opaque windows in the bathroom).

if i have a tower room request and i called the main wdw number to say it is that enough or should i follow that request with some other action?
also, i have two teens and dh. which pool would you all recommend for that age (16, 19, dh) and i prefer a shady spot myself and do they have towels offered?

if i have a tower room request and i called the main wdw number to say it is that enough or should i follow that request with some other action?
also, i have two teens and dh. which pool would you all recommend for that age (16, 19, dh) and i prefer a shady spot myself and do they have towels offered?
Tower rooms are a bookable category so unlikely you’d see that assignment but never say never.

Main pool has best chance for shade with one section under trees and umbrellas around but not many. Get there at open or get lucky. I’ve been to Casitas pool at night but I seem to recall some trees on one side.

Tower rooms are a bookable category so unlikely you’d see that assignment but never say never.

Main pool has best chance for shade with one section under trees and umbrellas around but not many. Get there at open or get lucky. I’ve been to Casitas pool at night but I seem to recall some trees on one side.
i poorly wrote my question. i meant to ask: i have the tower rooms booked, standard , and called for a particular request of the type of standard i want. should i do anything else to better my chance of that particular floor or type of standard room? and are there towels at the main pool?

i poorly wrote my question. i meant to ask: i have the tower rooms booked, standard , and called for a particular request of the type of standard i want. should i do anything else to better my chance of that particular floor or type of standard room? and are there towels at the main pool?

All pools have towels. You can call or fax your rooms requests, and if you are stating Club-Level, you can call or email DSS and they'll note your requests.

Additionally, you can make or confirm your requests when you check-in at the hotel, as early as 6am. This is always something we do when we arrive.

I’ve used the Touring Plans fax service with pretty good results. Towels at every pool.

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

The Gran Destino lobby is stunning! We were very impressed. At this point it has surpassed the deluxes in theming IMO. We did not realize that all check in - tower and resort - is now at Gran Destino. The old check in area is a ghost town; you walk through it on your way to/through El Centro. All Lyft or Uber drivers pick up in front of the tower.

We stayed in casita 2 in a preferred room. I have no idea what is preferred about this location as it wasn’t close to El Centro, the pool or the bus stop. We dined at Rix (husband had to catch the Browns play a crappy preseason game, we didn’t stay long) and Mercado and felt both were pretty mediocre. Pool area was fine, pool bar was whatever. Food wasn’t great and beers were warm. Loved the grounds and walking around. Three Bridges looked beautiful, wish we would have had time to dine there.

I still prefer the Port Orleans mods but woukd consider another stay here in the future!

we will be there soon in the tower section. i'm only concerned about the buses but also a little disappointed at the tower menus and 3 bridges. i understand who it's designed for and not really for our family tastes which is fine, just too bad we won't be trying them out.

I wouldn’t rely on the touring plans map too much, I’ve already noticed at least 2 rooms marked incorrectly. I had some friends stay in a standard king bed CL on the 15th floor and the map shows no king bedrooms on the 15th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter