Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn’t rely on the touring plans map too much, I’ve already noticed at least 2 rooms marked incorrectly. I had some friends stay in a standard king bed CL on the 15th floor and the map shows no king bedrooms on the 15th.

Are you sure it was Standard King Club Access ?? as that is not a bookable category online. Standard Club shows 2 Queens.

Tower - Standard View - Club Access
2 Queen Beds

Tower - Deluxe Suite - Club Access
1 King Bed and 1 Queen-Size Sleeper Sofa

Tower - One Bedroom Suite - Club Access
1 King Bed and 1 Queen-Size Sleeper Sofa

Tower - Presidential Suite - Club Access
1 King Bed and 2 Queen Beds

Yes I’m sure, I have a standard CL room booked and emailed DSS to request a king after my friends stay. They replied back the same as you, that there are not any standard CL with kings beds. I then responded with the exact room number my friend had and they looked into it and realized there were standard King rooms. Not sure why it’s not a bookable category, you would think if they could charge a bit more for a king room, they would.

Yes I’m sure, I have a standard CL room booked and emailed DSS to request a king after my friends stay. They replied back the same as you, that there are not any standard CL with kings beds. I then responded with the exact room number my friend had and they looked into it and realized there were standard King rooms. Not sure why it’s not a bookable category, you would think if they could charge a bit more for a king room, they would.

I bet it had been fined tuned out as a category, remember they were also originally going to have an "Executive Suite" which either turned into being the now Deluxe Suite Club Access or the One Bedroom Suite Club Access.

My guess, the room your friends have, was simply a normal Tower Standard View King, but since they had a Club Access room booked, and maybe requested a single King Bed, that is the adjustment the hotel made for them? Make sense?

That’s also what I was thinking but it was on the 15th floor so has so be a club level room.

That's not how club works at the Tower, Club Access, not club level.

Club Access rooms are spread out over multiple floors, so it being on the 15th does not necessary mean it was a Club Access room 😉

I understand that but you would think at least the 15th floor would be limited to club level rooms only.

AKL is similar where it has CL rooms spread out but there is still only CL rooms on the same floor as the actual lounge.

King beds Club Level are NOT a bookable category (either online or by phone) at the Gran Destino Tower, but they CAN definitely be requested.

To do so, the easiest way is to contact DSS, either by email or by phone, and have them note your request. Do not write down specific room numbers, as the room assignors/check-in staff might not understand what you have in mind. What we do is to request a “king bed, if available”.

You can also request a king bed when actually checking in at the Chronos Club. The cast members will usually walk you through the lounge and they have an iPad which they can use to see what room type you are actually in, and make some change based on your preferences (of course, only if such rooms are still available in their inventory).

I understand that but you would think at least the 15th floor would be limited to club level rooms only.

Before we checked in at the GDT, we've been reading that on the boards too. Now that we're here, we do understand why: most of the times, guests on the 15th floor will be CL, maybe not because of a policy of the resort, but because the layout of this floor is very peculiar.

Try to picture yourself the 15th floor and it will immediately make sense: at the standard view side, there is the Chronos Club that is taking a whole bunch of space (9 windows). Adjacent to it, three rooms and, further down, at the location where the tower “bends”, the two “triangle-shaped” deluxe suite. One of these suites communicates with a room. Then, on the north side, there is one of the two presidential suite, that takes 5 windows and further away, one room. On the south side, next to the deluxe suite, there are seven rooms.

On the water view side, there are fewer windows and rooms (because of the way the tower is shaped). In the center, opposite to the Chronos Club, you have the Alcazar Suite, taking up 5 windows and two L-shapes deluxe suites, one communicating with a room (3 windows for each suites). Then, after the tower bends, 5 rooms on each side.

To sum it up, the 15th floor has 6 suites (all Club-Level), that communicate with 4 rooms.
It also has 9 standard view rooms (probably Club-Level all the time, since this is the bookable category for CL) and 10 water view rooms, which is not a lot. Last, when the Alcazar is booked, most probably their guests will also have reservations for some other rooms, which Disney is going to locate on the same floor.

Before we checked in at the GDT, we've been reading that on the boards too. Now that we're here, we do understand why: most of the times, guests on the 15th floor will be CL, maybe not because of a policy of the resort, but because the layout of this floor is very peculiar.

Try to picture yourself the 15th floor and it will immediately make sense: at the standard view side, there is the Chronos Club that is taking a whole bunch of space (9 windows). Adjacent to it, three rooms and, further down, at the location where the tower “bends”, the two “triangle-shaped” deluxe suite. One of these suites communicates with a room. Then, on the north side, there is one of the two presidential suite, that takes 5 windows and further away, one room. On the south side, next to the deluxe suite, there are seven rooms.

On the water view side, there are fewer windows and rooms (because of the way the tower is shaped). In the center, opposite to the Chronos Club, you have the Alcazar Suite, taking up 5 windows and two L-shapes deluxe suites, one communicating with a room (3 windows for each suites). Then, after the tower bends, 5 rooms on each side.

To sum it up, the 15th floor has 6 suites (all Club-Level), that communicate with 4 rooms.
It also has 9 standard view rooms (probably Club-Level all the time, since this is the bookable category for CL) and 10 water view rooms, which is not a lot. Last, when the Alcazar is booked, most probably their guests will also have reservations for some other rooms, which Disney is going to locate on the same floor.

Well now I want to see this Alcazar suite. 🤗

We have a split stay at Coronado in Oct. The first 3 nights there are 3 of us in a Standard 2 Queen bed room, the next 2 nights 2 of us are in a King Preferred.
At this time we are planning to rope drop AK on the day we move. Would we have to bring our luggage to Bell Services? I know they can pick it up, but I don't want to waste our morning waiting for them to arrive. Can we leave it to have it picked up? We probably won't get back until after 10pm that night.
If it makes any difference, I'm hoping to be placed in a Cabanas building before our stay in Casitas.

We have a split stay at Coronado in Oct. The first 3 nights there are 3 of us in a Standard 2 Queen bed room, the next 2 nights 2 of us are in a King Preferred.
At this time we are planning to rope drop AK on the day we move. Would we have to bring our luggage to Bell Services? I know they can pick it up, but I don't want to waste our morning waiting for them to arrive. Can we leave it to have it picked up? We probably won't get back until after 10pm that night.
If it makes any difference, I'm hoping to be placed in a Cabanas building before our stay in Casitas.

You can choose to call and have them come, or bring it yourself. Entirely up to you!

We've never used Bell Services at CSR, the Chronos Club took care of it for us and told us to leave the baggage in room, but on the other resorts we've been, Bell Services is usually very quick to arrive (less than 5 minutes most of the time).

Anyway, that's your vacation, so I'm not giving you any advices!

You can choose to call and have them come, or bring it yourself. Entirely up to you!

We've never used Bell Services at CSR, the Chronos Club took care of it for us and told us to leave the baggage in room, but on the other resorts we've been, Bell Services is usually very quick to arrive (less than 5 minutes most of the time).

Anyway, that's your vacation, so I'm not giving you any advices!

Just want to say thanks for all of your input. You are so well versed on this resort and I’m so grateful because we are going week before Christmas. I’ve found so much of your info helpful.

We are so excited to stay in the tower because of its theming, story, etc that we are so familiar with. And we have never stayed at CSR before ever, but it’s always been on our radar. The tower sealed the deal.

Again, just wanted to say thanks. And now I fully expect some stills of that Alcazar Suite! 🤓

Any recent reports of the bus situation regarding the towers? I was there last week and actually saw a few busses with Grand Destino tower on them. I can't say that it said Coronado springs before that on the banner though. I'm staying in Feb with a scooter so I am wondering.

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter