Disney's FORT WILDERNESS CABINS & CAMPGROUNDS Information & Questions

So my family and I are staying at Fort Wilderness in June and are planning on using early magic hours for 8 at Epcot. I’ve heard that the blue flag boat starts running at 6:45, is this true? If it is, would it be viable to take that boat to the contemporary and then ride the monorails to the TTC and Epcot instead of taking a bus?

So my family and I are staying at Fort Wilderness in June and are planning on using early magic hours for 8 at Epcot. I’ve heard that the blue flag boat starts running at 6:45, is this true? If it is, would it be viable to take that boat to the contemporary and then ride the monorails to the TTC and Epcot instead of taking a bus?

You could, but the bus would be much quicker. Probably half the time it would take to go the boat route.

Just FYI, when we went to FW last January/Feb, we did DAH and loved it. We were assured the boats would be going when we left. Well, we went to leave around 10-1030 (DAH was 8-11), and the boats had stopped for the water pageant, running again TBD. We were turned away from the dock and told to ride a bus to WL and take a bus from there to FW. About 10 of us were waiting at WL for minimum 20 minutes, probably closer to 30, no bus in sight. Bus finally came, but everyone was exhausted and ready to turn in. If we encounter this again with the boats stopped, I will splurge on a Minnie Van.

Wow! That is terrible. We're going to the Villians DAH this summer and I think it ends at 1:00am. So we definitely don't want to be waiting around for the buses to show up. Were the internal buses at FW running? I appreciate the information.

Wow! That is terrible. We're going to the Villians DAH this summer and I think it ends at 1:00am. So we definitely don't want to be waiting around for the buses to show up. Were the internal buses at FW running? I appreciate the information.
The bus dropped us off at the Settlement. We had a golf cart, but I recall seeing several internal buses there as well. My guess is that they were still going, but I can't say for sure.

I am sorry if the answer has been previously posted but are towels available at the pools or do we need to bring our own? I know that they are available at the other mods but thinking that it was also people camping that they might be bringing their beach towels or regular towels.

I am sorry if the answer has been previously posted but are towels available at the pools or do we need to bring our own? I know that they are available at the other mods but thinking that it was also people camping that they might be bringing their beach towels or regular towels.

Towels are not provided. You must bring your own.

When we've stayed in a cabin there were extra towels in the cabin to take to the pool. You can always request more towels if staying in a cabin.

We are looking at taking a trip with my parents and two children. Ages will be just shy of 3 and 1 year olds. My mother has difficulty walking distances and will be in a wheelchair while in the parks. What do you all think of us renting a cabin? Is it an unreasonable amount of walking to get to the buses? We will potentially be taking our car to the parks anyway to make transporting the little ones a little easier.

We are looking at taking a trip with my parents and two children. Ages will be just shy of 3 and 1 year olds. My mother has difficulty walking distances and will be in a wheelchair while in the parks. What do you all think of us renting a cabin? Is it an unreasonable amount of walking to get to the buses? We will potentially be taking our car to the parks anyway to make transporting the little ones a little easier.
Depending on your location on the cabin loop, it could be a fair distance from your cabin to a bus stop. We requested to be near transportation and we were placed in a cabin towards the entrance of the loop. We have stayed at other Disney hotels and had a fairly long walk from our room to a bus stop. I will say that the cabins definitely are convenient for driving your own vehicle...just walk out the door and hop in. We didn't think we would do much driving but ended up driving to all of the parks except Magic Kingdom. It just felt so quick and easy versus the bus. I also want to add that if you stay at another hotel, you could have a long walk to the parking lot as well.

We have reservations at the Cabins next month. 😍 We are doing MDE, but our departure flight isn't until after 8 pm. Does anyone see any holes in this plan or see ways to improve it? We would love to feel 'reasonably' fresh and not stink up the airplane on the way home, LOL.

Take our luggage over to the Outpost first thing in the morning on checkout day. Save a bag with a change of clothes/towels for everyone as a carry-on, and send the rest as Resort Airline Check-in.
Go to the park, eat lunch, say goodbye to Mickey and head back to Ft Wilderness. Grab our carry-on bag; shower in a comfort station; catch the MDE and head home.

If you stay at the Cabins, I would recommend renting a golf cart for getting around. They have very convenient golf cart parking. However, the Disney carts are expensive and not always available and renting off-site is a pain if you don't have a vehicle.

We love staying at the cabins, but without that golf cart you have to plan on quite a bit of walking. We were fine with an 18 month old and nearly 4 year old, but we did not have an adult with difficulty walking distances.

Just booked! Wanted to go for a week in December, but they only have rooms for 5 days. I took those and will look at resort hopping to someplace else... (no idea where). But really I'm crossing my fingers that I can add those last two nights (Thursday and Friday) on to our reservation at some point this summer! any ideas on when I need to reserve our golf cart? Do they go fast?

Last edited:
Just booked! Wanted to go for a week in December, but they only have rooms for 5 days. I took those and will look at resort hopping to someplace else... (no idea where). But really I'm crossing my fingers that I can add those last two nights (Thursday and Friday) on to our reservation at some point this summer! any ideas on when I need to reserve our golf cart? Do they go fast?
I reserve as soon as I have my dates just for my own piece of mind. They don't charge you until a day or so before your trip and I don't think there's a penalty if you need to cancel it.

Can you move the bunk bed mattress to the floor or into the living room?

Does anyone have an updated timeline of the construction specifically the beach area? Has the other side been set up to be used yet? Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter