Disney's FORT WILDERNESS CABINS & CAMPGROUNDS Information & Questions

Might seem like a silly question, but do the cabins have air conditioning units like the rooms at Caribbean Beach, or is it central air?

Thank you!
It is definitely in the cabin. Part way through our stay, the AC couldn't keep up (it was high 90s outside). We called for maintenance, and it was fixed within the hour. It was really amazing how well the AC did for how hot it was outside.

Looking for some advice on transportation from the FW...
We will be driving in, staying in a cabin and have reserved a golf cart. We have a breakfast reservation at Poly next Tuesday at 730am before going to MK for the day. We would like to take the cart to marina and leave it there for when we return from MK that night. My first thought is to take a boat to CR and then monorail to Poly. But it appears the boats from FW don’t start running until 7am which wouldn’t give us enough time.
Only other thing I can think of is a Minnie Van picking us up at 7am at the FW marina so we could have the cart there that night. DH said he doesn’t want to drive our car to Poly, then back to FW to get the cart, drive it to marina then boat to MK, lol.

We will be driving in, staying in a cabin and have reserved a golf cart. We have a breakfast reservation at Poly next Tuesday at 730am before going to MK for the day. We would like to take the cart to marina and leave it there for when we return from MK that night. My first thought is to take a boat to CR and then monorail to Poly. But it appears the boats from FW don’t start running until 7am which wouldn’t give us enough time.
Only other thing I can think of is a Minnie Van picking us up at 7am at the FW marina so we could have the cart there that night. DH said he doesn’t want to drive our car to Poly, then back to FW to get the cart, drive it to marina then boat to MK, lol.

Another option would be to drive your car and park it at the Ticket and Transportation Center then walk to Poly. Then get your car after leaving MK.

We would park our cart at the marina, internal shuttle to the front, then take a lyft. We’ve also done a Minnie Van PU near PH/marina

We would park our cart at the marina, internal shuttle to the front, then take a lyft. We’ve also done a Minnie Van PU near PH/marina
Thanks! I didn’t think the internal buses ran that early either. But knowing you’ve done a Minnie Van near the marina is great to hear!

Boats depart the Fort dock for Contemporary at 630-645am.

Your original plan should still work.

Bama Ed

PS - it says 645am but the first boat over is usually at the dock about 630am. As a reminder in bad weather the boats may not run so you would have to go with the drive option.

Thanks! I didn’t think the internal buses ran that early either. But knowing you’ve done a Minnie Van near the marina is great to hear!

Yes, the internal buses start running around 6:30 am. However, with a 7:30 am breakfast, you’d probably need to get there quickly, so MV would be your fastest option. They start at 6:30 am as well. Just type in Disney’s FW Pioneer Hall or Settlement Depot for pickup. Or once you are there, the app should automatically configure the location.

Last edited:
Yes, the internal buses start running around 6:30 am. However, with a 7:30 am breakfast, you’d probably need to get there quickly, so MV would be your fastest option. They start at 6:30 am as well. Just type in Disney’s FW Pioneer Hall or Settlement Depot for pickup. Or once you are there, the app should automatically configure the location.

Over on the DIS Camping Forum, we had a camper report this past week that they got to an internal bus stop at 5am (due to the opening time for DHS of 6am) and the first internal bus didn't come till 530am or so.

Obviously there are fewer buses running in the WAY early AM hours but there was/is an internal transportation method to get you to the parks by the approximate rope drop time. Maybe. One shot at it. And the OP wants to get a resort - the golf cart still sounds good to me.

The OP has lot of options. Pay-to-play with MV (on top of the cost of the golf cart fee) or check the weather and use the boats. One way or another, they will make it to their breakfast.

See Post #56 for 530am Internal Bus

The DIS Camping Forum

Bama Ed

Last edited:
Over on the DIS Camping Forum, we had a camper report this past week that they got to an internal bus stop at 5am (due to the opening time for DHS of 6am) and the first internal bus didn't come till 530am or so.

Obviously there are fewer buses running in the WAY early AM hours but there was/is an internal transportation method to get you to the parks by the approximate rope drop time. Maybe. One shot at it. And the OP wants to get a resort - the golf cart still sounds good to me.

The OP has lot of options. Pay-to-play with MV (on top of the cost of the golf cart fee) or check the weather and use the boats. One way or another, they will make it to their breakfast.

See Post #56 for 530am Internal Bus

The DIS Camping Forum

Bama Ed

It looks like the earliest park opening next Tuesday is 7 am @ DHS, so the buses could go back to the 6:30 am schedule. However, the op will need to keep an eye on the schedule, because things can always change :) I know the blue flags travel both clockwise and counterclockwise, so that is another thing to keep in mind for an adr.

It looks like the earliest park opening next Tuesday is 7 am @ DHS, so the buses could go back to the 6:30 am schedule. However, the op will need to keep an eye on the schedule, because things can always change :) I know the blue flags travel both clockwise and counterclockwise, so that is another thing to keep in mind for an adr.

They travel only one direction in the mornings and evenings but in two directions mid-day. When the exact changeovers are I have no idea other than to say I've encountered both one-way and two-way travel at the general times I indicated. Many, MANY times I've caught that first blue boat (watched it chug to the Fort from the WDW Home Marina north of the Contemp in a straight line for 10 minutes) and it ALWAYS goes from the Fort to the Contemp first. Chef Mickey's first breakfast seating every morning at the Contemp is at 7am and Disney want$ Fort folk$ to be able to $pend tho$e dollar$ and get them there on time.

Fort internal bus times float (like the other resorts) based on on theme park rope drop times but the boat schedule is fixed (based on breakfast times) and will get the OP to the Poly for 730am breakfast if they use the golf cart to get to the Fort dock to catch the Contemporary boat.

Thanks for all the Yeomann's work you do here, Lehuaann. :rolleyes:

Bama Ed

Last edited:
They travel only one direction in the mornings and evenings but in two directions mid-day. When the exact changeovers are I have no idea other than to say I've encountered both one-way and two-way travel at the general times I indicated. Many, MANY times I've caught that first blue boat (watched it chug to the Fort from the WDW Home Marina north of the Contemp in a straight line for over 10 minutes) and it ALWAYS goes from the Fort to the Contemp first. Chef Mickey's first breakfast seating every morning at the Contemp is at 7am and Disney wants Fort folks to be able to $pend tho$e dollar$ and get them there on time.

Fort internal bus times float (like the other resorts) based on on theme park rope drop times but the boat schedule is fixed (based on breakfast times) and will get the OP to the Poly for 730am breakfast if they use the golf cart to get to the Fort dock to catch the Contemporary boat.

Bama Ed

Nah, you do much, much more. Thank you and Happy New Year, Bama Ed

I tried to give the same back to ya first, brother. Happy New Year (it's now past my bedtime).
I just watched Fantasy in the Sky live streamed.

Bama Ed

PS - I'm getting too old to stay up this late :crazy2: ..... I'm outa here. 2020 here we come.

Last edited:
Thanks for your help everyone! We’ve discussed it a million ways, and decided to do a Minnie Van and get picked up at Pioneer Hall at 7am, which should give us enough time to get to Poly. We will arrive at FW on Monday! Have a great weekend!

I’m pretty sure you won’t be able to get picked up from the marina in a Minnie van. If it were me I’d take the boat from fort wilderness to MK and monorail over to poly. As long as you’re on the first boat outta FW you should be fine. Even if your 15 min late it won’t be a big deal in your reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter