Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Information & Questions + Construction Updates

I would say that there was a lack of available chairs when we stayed in the beginning of April. We got to the pool around noon on our pool days, and there were not 4 seats together for us. In fact, there was only 2 together on one of our pool days. The other days we were scattered or shared a chair.
Interesting. Maybe it gets a bit more crowded at lunchtime.

We were also there first week of April, but didn’t have any issues with getting chairs. We did not get to the pool until mid afternoon most days, though.
Maybe we were there before the younger ones go back to the room for a nap 🤷‍♀️
YMMV for sure.

Interesting. Maybe it gets a bit more crowded at lunchtime.
I've never had a problem getting a group of chairs for my family, either at the Beach pool or the Courtyard pool. But... I don't usually travel from June-Sept. I like the Courtyard pool which is the "quiet" pool. It's big and roomy, really pretty. Zero entry and a hot tub. I can't imagine it ever running out of chairs, honestly. Courtyard pool bar has drinks and a few food items. The rest of my family prefer the Beach pool, which is much more "happening" with the kids games, louder music and the slide. The Beaches Pool Bar & Grill menu is larger and more varied, by far. I could see it being difficult to find a bunch of chairs together there, especially in the hotter months, but like I said, I've never had a problem getting chairs at either pool.

I had a group of 10+ with some little kids one time, and I rented a poolside patio at the Splash Pad (which is next to the Beach pool). We had a pool day planned. Everyone was coming and going that day, and it was nice to have a central location w/drinks and snacks and a dedicated member of the pool wait staff. The moms/young kids hung out at the poolside patio and splash pad while the kids/teens hung out at the Beach pool and occasionally came over for a break and to check in. I found it convenient and at the time, the price wasn't overly horrible, but it wasn't really necessary. There were plenty of chairs at the Splash Pad for the moms w/young kids and the kids/teens had zero interest in being anywhere other than the Beach pool. I don't think it's something I'd ever do again.

I've never had a problem getting a group of chairs for my family, either at the Beach pool or the Courtyard pool. But... I don't usually travel from June-Sept. I like the Courtyard pool which is the "quiet" pool. It's big and roomy, really pretty. Zero entry and a hot tub. I can't imagine it ever running out of chairs, honestly. Courtyard pool bar has drinks and a few food items. The rest of my family prefer the Beach pool, which is much more "happening" with the kids games, louder music and the slide. The Beaches Pool Bar & Grill menu is larger and more varied, by far. I could see it being difficult to find a bunch of chairs together there, especially in the hotter months, but like I said, I've never had a problem getting chairs at either pool.

I had a group of 10+ with some little kids one time, and I rented a poolside patio at the Splash Pad (which is next to the Beach pool). We had a pool day planned. Everyone was coming and going that day, and it was nice to have a central location w/drinks and snacks and a dedicated member of the pool wait staff. The moms/young kids hung out at the poolside patio and splash pad while the kids/teens hung out at the Beach pool and occasionally came over for a break and to check in. I found it convenient and at the time, the price wasn't overly horrible, but it wasn't really necessary. There were plenty of chairs at the Splash Pad for the moms w/young kids and the kids/teens had zero interest in being anywhere other than the Beach pool. I don't think it's something I'd ever do again.
We’re not traveling with little ones so we’ll be setting up shop at the courtyard pool. It sounds lovely and a lot better thought out than the “quiet pool” at the yacht club. It’s a boring standard rectangle with no shade and no hot tub.

We’re not traveling with little ones so we’ll be setting up shop at the courtyard pool. It sounds lovely and a lot better thought out than the “quiet pool” at the yacht club. It’s a boring standard rectangle with no shade and no hot tub.
It’s funny a lot of people pick the courtyard pool over the beach pool for relaxing. I know there’s no games/music over by the Courtyard pool in the afternoon, however, because it’s a shallow pool, I always feel like there are more younger children in that pool than the beach pool. The only time we really go over to the courtyard pool is if DS wants to play catch (because it is easier to stand up and throw the ball to each other) or the water is warmer over there.

Last edited:
I'm not sure how much square footage and extra bathroom space means to you and your group, but just throwing it out there... I stayed in a 1 bedroom suite, CL access. The room was in an outer building, Sago Key, next to the marina and Gasparilla Grill. The "secret" Royal Palm Club elevator is located between Gaspy's and the Grand Floridian Cafe. That elevator is great. Saves you the trek through the lobby to the gold elevators.
Yes we’ve stayed in one of the 2 bedroom outer building suites previously. It was actually an “upgrade” from sugar loaf as they had a large group in and wanted the 2 rooms we had booked. I put upgrade in quotes because while it was nice to be able to access the RPC club level at the time over just sugar loaf we ended up with two people having to sleep in the living room pull out and honestly they just aren’t comfortable. We’ve known about those secret back elevators for 15 years. It’s where we’d always eye the two door suite and wonder what was behind those doors!😀😂We found out this past weekend!

We splurged and stayed in the Two Bedroom Disney Suite in the Main Building.

I had asked about it two weeks ago and thought you might all enjoy some photos!

It is the double door suite by the back elevator on the third floor. Previously named the Roy O Disney Suite, it is now just called Two bedroom Disney Suite Club Level .

It was a bucket list item to stay behind those double doors that we’ve seen since our first club level stay 15 years ago and it did not disappoint and was absolutely beautiful. The walk in closet in the master was just the icing on the cake!

I took a lot of video but not very many stills but here are a few!

IMG_3939.jpegIMG_3992.jpegIMG_3984.jpegIMG_3988.jpegIMG_4009.jpegIMG_4104.jpegIMG_4102.jpegIMG_4078.jpeg

Last edited:
I know this is the GF thread, but the Yacht Club quiet pool has a hot tub past the main rectangular pool.

Screenshot 2024-05-01 at 3.38.35 PM.png

Is there plenty of available seating at the pools or will I need to look into poolside patio seating for purchase?
We were there last summer (August) and hit the courtyard pool each afternoon and never had an issue finding chairs. We too had a patio previously booked that we cancelled days prior, when we realized finding chairs wasn't an issue. You'll love it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter