(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
@WishesQueen , the new BB was released for stays until October 31 (my stay is Nov/Dec, so I guess another BB will be rolling out by then). It looks like it includes SOME June dates, so maybe you're in luck! A popular WDW fan site posted it a day or two ago, and I'm copy/pasting it from them.
  • Your Free Dining Bounce Back Offer must be booked for a return visit in 2018 during these time frames:
    • May 29 to June 5, 2018
    • June 29 to July 11, 2018
    • August 1 to September 8, 2018
    • December 7 to December 22, 2018
  • Free Quick Service Dining Plan for guests returning to a value or moderate resort
  • Free Disney Dining Plan for guests returning to a deluxe or deluxe villas resort
  • Minimum 2-day Park Hopper or Park Hopper Plus ticket required
  • Minimum 3-night length of stay
  • Several rooms and resorts are excluded from the offers such as Little Mermaid Rooms at Art of Animation, Copper Creek Villas & Cabins, Bungalows at the Polynesian, Port Orleans – French Quarter and a few more
  • Port Orleans – Riverside is excluded from December 7 to December 22, 2018
  • Boardwalk Inn, Yacht Club, and Beach Club will be excluded August 1, 2018 and August 2, 2018 as well as August 4 to August 9, 2018

Thanks so much, but I doubt anything will be available by the time I get there October 9th!! But I'll still try:goodvibes I would rather a room discount, but there's nothing like BB knowing your booked before you leave!!:banana:

Just an FYI. I just tried to rent a cabana for Monday 8/28 for a half day and it was $158. I asked her to check since it says on page 1 that it is $110 plus tax and she checked and said it's actually supposed to be $199 for a half day:scared1: I just wanted to let anyone know who might be thinking of renting one that it's more money than listed.

They charged me the $158 when I reserved a half day 2 weeks ago for 9/9.

Wow! I think prices at the GF have gone way up on everything! Keeping fingers crossed that we will be able to get back there next summer, no matter what the price. I haven't been there in 4 years, so I'm going to splurge and treat the family. It will be DS graduation present from college.

Hello again, everyone! Loving the enthusiasm for the GF here! :love:
Our first family WDW trip is this late Nov/early Dec, and we're staying GF SL CL. I have received recommendations from another Disboarder re. suggested room requests, although they mentioned they'd only stayed SL once (maybe @GADisneyDad14 ?). I can't find that post, so I'm reaching out again...
Any suggestions for room requests for Sugarloaf building?
Our Wish List:
- Quiet as possible (away from kitchen/ elevators, maybe?)
- I also don't want to be on the ground floor, if that's even an option? What's the best floor?
- A great view (obstructed fireworks view???) would be fantastic, as we are planning on spending evenings on the balcony with the kids sleeping in the room.
***Another question, as well. We never heard from Disney Signature Services (I hear over on the CL board that this is hit or miss). Should we email them with our room requests to have a better chance of getting what we want? I've also read that faxing the resort your room requests a couple of days before arrival is a good idea, too... Just wondering what all of you think!
TIA! :):):)

Greetings friends! We are booked for outer building garden view in late October. Basically is was the only deluxe room available for our dates but I'm thrilled because while I am a Poly lover I have always wanted to try the GF.

So what should I request if anything? I'm not super picky but I'd like some expert advice! :flower3:

I know this info is out there somewhere but I was hoping for a quick answer.

We are packing for our trip - we leave tomorrow for an 8-night stay in the GF Villas - YEAH!!!!!

Do they still provide pool towels at both of the pools at the GF?

Thank you in advance!

I know this info is out there somewhere but I was hoping for a quick answer.

We are packing for our trip - we leave tomorrow for an 8-night stay in the GF Villas - YEAH!!!!!

Do they still provide pool towels at both of the pools at the GF?

Thank you in advance!
As of November they did, I haven't heard anything about that stopping.

So, yes, they do.

One week today we will be at GF for 4 nights! Looking forward to our 1st stay here and really hoping that the monorail is running!!!! Mom will be in a scooter...and can't go on the small boats that run! Anyone there now that can fill us in on how they are running? I have heard lots of issues lately.

67 days until we are at the Grand Floridian our first stay here!!!

Just over one week until we arrive for our very first stay at Grand Floridian. It's just two nights for us in a DVC Studio Standard View but still looking foward to the experience!

Congratulations on your first GF and VGF stay!! I guarantee you, it will not be your last. We first stayed at the GF in 2012 Main Building and loved it so much we have been back every year ever since. In 2014 we bought 300 points at the VGF! We will be there again in 1 week and 4 days!! Can't wait, never get tired of it!!

Congratulations on your first GF and VGF stay!! I guarantee you, it will not be your last. We first stayed at the GF in 2012 Main Building and loved it so much we have been back every year ever since. In 2014 we bought 300 points at the VGF! We will be there again in 1 week and 4 days!! Can't wait, never get tired of it!!

Thanks and yes the more great things I read about it the more I'm a little worried it will surpass our love of the other two monorail DVC resorts. :)

Our first family WDW trip is this late Nov/early Dec, and we're staying GF SL CL. I have received recommendations from another Disboarder re. suggested room requests, although they mentioned they'd only stayed SL once (maybe @GADisneyDad14 ?). I can't find that post, so I'm reaching out again...
Our Wish List:
- I also don't want to be on the ground floor, if that's even an option? What's the best floor?
- A great view (obstructed fireworks view???) would be fantastic, as we are planning on spending evenings on the balcony with the kids sleeping in the room.
***Another question, as well. We never heard from Disney Signature Services (I hear over on the CL board that this is hit or miss). Should we email them with our room requests to have a better chance of getting what we want? I've also read that faxing the resort your room requests a couple of days before arrival is a good idea, too... Just wondering what all of you think!

ANYONE? Please? Lol! Input would be much appreciated!!!

Thanks and yes the more great things I read about it the more I'm a little worried it will surpass our love of the other two monorail DVC resorts. :)

It might surpass it!! There is something very special about getting off the monorail at the GF, I've stayed at the Contemporary and liked it a lot, but there's no place like the Grand! Even the way the GF lobby smells when you go in, (by the way that scent is one of Disney's secrets) it's just magical!

WOW!!! Its soooo quiet here!! Everyone must be at the GF...Can't wait to hear all about it.

ANYONE? Please? Lol! Input would be much appreciated!!!

So sorry I can't help you, but I am sure someone will be around soon to help. I usually only stay RPC or just a Deluxe Garden view Outer building. But have no fear, someone will help you I am sure. Have a great time!!

WOW!!! Its soooo quiet here!! Everyone must be at the GF...Can't wait to hear all about it.

So sorry I can't help you, but I am sure someone will be around soon to help. I usually only stay RPC or just a Deluxe Garden view Outer building. But have no fear, someone will help you I am sure. Have a great time!!

@WishesQueen , thanks so much for your sweet reply! I would LOOOVE to stay RPC, but with not being able to grab any discount whatsoever this year, SL it is! I agree, I KNOW someone will help- Disboarders are AWESOME! Thanks again! :)

Our Wish List:

I think I may have responded to you earlier on this, but not sure? SL is a tricky building for room requests IMO. Ultimately the only rooms I really would NOT want to be in are first floor around the atrium, third floor at the ends (dormer balconies) or fourth floor (dormer balconies). I could live with everything else. Our room in April was on the 3rd floor, middle, facing the marina. I liked the room/view, we could see some (key word, some) fireworks. It was somewhat noisy as noise floats up from the lounge through the atrium. Not terrible, but you know when they start setting up breakfast. We get up early anyway so not really a big deal.

FYI, on those last two comments... yes, you can/should e-mail DSS with your room requests and ask to have them noted on your reservation. I would strongly recommend this over faxing. The last few times I've asked when checking in, they read off the room request on my reservation which was nearly verbatim what I had e-mailed DSS, so I have a high level of confidence in that method. If you do fax, you want to do it before a couple of days before arriving. Rooms are assigned roughly 5 days out, so you want to get everything into DSS or fax sometime before then.

Just one person's opinion, but hope that helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter