(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was wonderful meeting you lovely ladies...you and your mom were so sweet! Loved chatting Disney with you this morning! Sad we didn’t get more time to chat! We are in the car on our ride home!! (Already ate the croissant I brought with me!) Wish I could have taken a mimosa to go! LOL Enjoy the rest of your trip!!!

I’ll write a little review when I can, get too dizzy in the car! We were sprinkled with some amazing Pixie Dust on our trip...looking forward to sharing with you guys :cloud9:

Glad you had a nice time. Safe travels home. Looking forward to hearing all about your trip :goodvibes.

I apologize if this question has been asked before but I was wondering if the GF has a convenience store to buy a gallon of water and milk, yogurt and other quick breakfast items so we can eat in our room.

Checked in this afternoon & just wanted to let anyone who is interested in buying a case of water from Sandy Cove Gifts, they no longer sell a case of 24 regular size bottles.

Also, half gallon of milk is $3.69, FYI ;)

Great info! That's actually less than it would cost at Garden Grocer.

Thank you! I tried to do a search with the word "convenience" but nothing was coming up. I found some recent photos doing a Google search and it looks like it's very well stocked.
Yes! The resorts that have DVC Villas sell a large amount of grocery type items. I bought dish soap for our mugs and mini water bottles on my last GF trip.

Anyone have a favorite garden view room (or building/floor/area)?

What do you specifically value in a room location ? Everyone will have a favorite but they are often a favorite for very specific reasons. I value a quiet location above everything so my favorite has nothing to do with view but everything to do with no connecting door and away from noisy hallways. If you let us know what you are looking for we can provide better advice. Are you looking for a better view, close to bus transport, close to main building(monorail and quick service)close to pool, quiet room, etc.

What do you specifically value in a room location ? Everyone will have a favorite but they are often a favorite for very specific reasons. I value a quiet location above everything so my favorite has nothing to do with view but everything to do with no connecting door and away from noisy hallways. If you let us know what you are looking for we can provide better advice. Are you looking for a better view, close to bus transport, close to main building(monorail and quick service)close to pool, quiet room, etc.

We're booked for our 1st trip to GF, and I'm looking for a building recommendation as well. Looking at a map, it seems:
- Sugarloaf is closest to the main building and monorail
- Big Pine Key is closest to the beach pool
- Boca Chica and Conch are closest to the boat launch.
So my question is why would someone choose the Sago Key building? Sugarloaf is just as close to the main building, but Sago is further away from pools and boats. Am I missing any benefits of Sago Key? TIA

We had room 7216 in Conch Key and it was really convenient to both the boat dock and to Gasparilas. We would go out the marina side of the resort and it was a short walk to Gasparillas from there. It wasn't as close to the courtyard pool as our room at Big Pine Key was, but it was not far, either.

GF Conch Key room 7216 view.jpg

Narcoossees is on the left and Boca Chica is on the right.

Anyone have a favorite garden view room (or building/floor/area)?

I think anywhere at the GF is nice, but my two favorite outer buildings are Big Pine Key and Boca Chica. Both overlook the courtyard pool and are close to the main building and beach pool. Big Pine Key has some "less desirable" room views as some of the lower floors have a view of the back of the pool house (but even that view is better than some other deluxe resort standard views, IMO), but if that building appeals to you, you can request a high floor to try and avoid that view.

We're booked for our 1st trip to GF, and I'm looking for a building recommendation as well. Looking at a map, it seems:
- Sugarloaf is closest to the main building and monorail
- Big Pine Key is closest to the beach pool
- Boca Chica and Conch are closest to the boat launch.
So my question is why would someone choose the Sago Key building? Sugarloaf is just as close to the main building, but Sago is further away from pools and boats. Am I missing any benefits of Sago Key? TIA

I think Big Pine Key and Boca Chica are good choices to be close to the action and main building/beach pool, while Sago (IMO) would be good if you want to be somewhat away from the main areas and close to Gasparillas and the buses. Sago seems to be out away from the action and a little quieter compared to the other buildings (just my opinion). Also, just wanted to add (in case you didn't know) that Sugarloaf is outer building CL and is not an option for a request.

I posted this in the Disney Restaurants forum but I thought it was also relevant for this thread - Just read on WDW Today News that Narcoossee's "will no longer offer brunch after January 27th, 2018." Since the 27th is a Saturday I assume that there last Sunday brunch will be the 21st. I'm bummed that we will not be at DW on a Sunday on our January trip.

Thanks. View is appreciated, although I have enjoyed any view I've gotten there, which is why we stuck with GV for this particular trip ... also stuck with that because it's the pricier holiday season rates. :)

Our first time at GF, we were in Sugar Loaf (it was our honeymoon and we were upgraded from GV!). We had a view of the courtyard pool.

When we returned, this time with the kids, we stayed in Sago Key. Although it was GV, when were were on our balcony and looked to the right, we could actually see fireworks, which was a nice little perk. On that trip, it allowed us to enjoy some of the NYE show while the kids were asleep.

This time I just put in an upper floor request, and was curious what experiences others have had with GV rooms! I was thinking we might like Conch Key.

Hello everyone!! I wanted to write a little review for you guys about our stay at GF!!

So as I mentioned before, we were booked in a 2 br. suite. We were lucky enough to get some pixie dust and were upgraded to Theme Park view! We watched the MK fireworks every night from our room! It was great! Loved the room. It was spacious and beautiful.

RPC - staff was fabulous!!!! I cannot say enough wonderful things about Francisco and Ryan! They really were amazing! Always made it a point to ask if we needed anything, especially the kids, and always asked how our day was. My son has allergies, so they always made sure he had allergen free options. Food was good, but repetitive. I loved having waffles for breakfast, and the gentleman who was serving them (sorry forgot his name), was always so pleasant and nice to talk to (he was there 2 mornings). There was also a Chef there for dinner/dessert (One dinner was a beef dish and the dessert another was creme brûlée with rum). Each was only in RPC once during the week. Loved having a mimosa every morning!! You could ask for alcohol anytime of the day, which was nice. There was also always small bottles of water out, which was also very convenient. Loved the orchestra, it was such a nice added touch, along with looking at the tree every day! It was beautiful.

SL - same options as RPC, just a smaller lounge with no views. Staff was not as friendly as RPC. (there was one cm, I believe Justin?) who was very nice and always said hello and made a point to chat with us. I personally didn’t like it there, but my DH said he’d stay SL.

The GF itself was just so beautiful! Loved the fun activities for the kids (pool and outdoor games).
They loved roasting marshmallows there too, always very organized!! They were also picked to open the Gingerbread house, which was so exciting for them!!!

My DH and I are already looking into adding DVC points at GF, we really did love it. Looked to stay for our July trip, but I waited too long (have it on waitlist though!)

That’s all I can think of mentioning right now. Any questions, I’ll be happy to answer!

Hello everyone!! I wanted to write a little review for you guys about our stay at GF!!

So as I mentioned before, we were booked in a 2 br. suite. We were lucky enough to get some pixie dust and were upgraded to Theme Park view! We watched the MK fireworks every night from our room! It was great! Loved the room. It was spacious and beautiful.

RPC - staff was fabulous!!!! I cannot say enough wonderful things about Francisco and Ryan! They really were amazing! Always made it a point to ask if we needed anything, especially the kids, and always asked how our day was. My son has allergies, so they always made sure he had allergen free options. Food was good, but repetitive. I loved having waffles for breakfast, and the gentleman who was serving them (sorry forgot his name), was always so pleasant and nice to talk to (he was there 2 mornings). There was also a Chef there for dinner/dessert (One dinner was a beef dish and the dessert another was creme brûlée with rum). Each was only in RPC once during the week. Loved having a mimosa every morning!! You could ask for alcohol anytime of the day, which was nice. There was also always small bottles of water out, which was also very convenient. Loved the orchestra, it was such a nice added touch, along with looking at the tree every day! It was beautiful.

SL - same options as RPC, just a smaller lounge with no views. Staff was not as friendly as RPC. (there was one cm, I believe Justin?) who was very nice and always said hello and made a point to chat with us. I personally didn’t like it there, but my DH said he’d stay SL.

The GF itself was just so beautiful! Loved the fun activities for the kids (pool and outdoor games).
They loved roasting marshmallows there too, always very organized!! They were also picked to open the Gingerbread house, which was so exciting for them!!!

My DH and I are already looking into adding DVC points at GF, we really did love it. Looked to stay for our July trip, but I waited too long (have it on waitlist though!)

That’s all I can think of mentioning right now. Any questions, I’ll be happy to answer!

We are on the same wave length today - lol! I just posted a mini review in the CL thread!

I agree with so much of your thoughts above. We loved everything about RPC! Francisco was a favorite - he kept all drinks full. One night, he insisted my DHs beer must've been warm so he took it and replaced with a new cold one. He was just so great!

So we stayed at SL in April. I had the same vibes as you. And my DH had the same vibes as your DH - he said he'd stay there again, and my girls said the same thing! I was just like :confused3 but I think I would book it for a summer-type trip because of the easy access to the pool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!