(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there an indoor route through the main building to Gasparilla Grill? Or do you have to exit and walk around the outside to the marina entrance? We’ve eaten at all the TS restaurants at GF but never at GG, and I’m thinking that we might want to eat there at some point next week when we’re staying at VGF.
There is no indoor route to GG. You have to go outside, but there is a covered porch that goes alone the back of the main building, if it's raining you can stay dry.

Wishes :hug: So good to see you too my friend! When is the next GF trip planned for??

I've been to the Greenbrier in West Virginia. If I can't be at WDW, the Greenbrier is a happy alternative! (but always plotting to go back to see Mickey)

And a big hello to you too!! Hope all is well..:goodvibes

~Wanted to mention that even tho we have a late spring trip planned..we have had no communication with regards to the beach pool refurb...I double checked today...so maybe they really are planning on being done in the early spring...:thumbsup2..sure hope so...I much prefer the courtyard pool...and I'm thinking it might end up being very busy there...:confused3...

Happy Saturday GF friends! princess:

Last edited:
Wishes :hug: So good to see you too my friend! When is the next GF trip planned for??

And a big hello to you too!! Hope all is well..:goodvibes

~Wanted to mention that even tho we have a late spring trip planned..we have had no communication with regards to the beach pool refurb...I double checked today...so maybe they really are planning on being done in the early spring...:thumbsup2..sure hope so...I much prefer the courtyard pool...and I'm thinking it might end up being very busy there...:confused3...

Happy Saturday GF friends! princess:
Hi Blue (and Wishes too!). Everything's fine....just don't post as often. I've missed seeing you post tho, when I pop in.
So you have a late spring trip planned? All at the Grand? I booked a bounceback for early May but not sure we'll keep it. My sister may want to wait a bit, so I may move it.

Hello! I was curious if the in room dining was still available 24 hours a day? I know it was last time we stayed, but thought I read it was changing to end at midnight. But I could have dreamt that :rolleyes1 Anyways, we are arriving at 11 pm next trip and planning our dining option for the evening. Thanks!!

Gasparalla Grill is 24 hours. You can get something there without huge charges.

Is there an indoor route through the main building to Gasparilla Grill? Or do you have to exit and walk around the outside to the marina entrance? We’ve eaten at all the TS restaurants at GF but never at GG, and I’m thinking that we might want to eat there at some point next week when we’re staying at VGF.

Gotta walk outside. Most if not all of the way there is covered. Great for breakfast

What GF ADRs are you making? I'm eating at the cafe, but wondering what you all are doing...

Is there a small freezer compartment in the garden view rooms fridge? I have to bring a medication that I need to freeze an ice pack for to bring to the parks.

Also, has anyone here gotten a crib from GF? Any pics? What are they like? I cant imagine my one year old sleeping in a pack and play for a week.

Is there a small freezer compartment in the garden view rooms fridge? I have to bring a medication that I need to freeze an ice pack for to bring to the parks.

Also, has anyone here gotten a crib from GF? Any pics? What are they like? I cant imagine my one year old sleeping in a pack and play for a week.
I think Trishadono posted a pic of a crib she saw in the hall being delivered. I don’t recall the room fridges having a freezer compartment. But if you go to the front desk I believe they have arrange to have your pack frozen.

What GF ADRs are you making? I'm eating at the cafe, but wondering what you all are doing...
We have grown to love doing more meals "on the fly" but find ourselves returning over and over again to Citricos (or Mizners during Citricos hours) to enjoy a light dinner made from their appetizers and that chocolate banana dessert :cloud9: it's nice to not need ADRs for that!

Checked into the Villas today. Gorgeous! I know now we’ll be trying to stretch our BWV points to stay here again someday!
The Villas are what got me hooked back on Disney as an adult. They are just sumptuous! Especially the 1 bedroom and up... I wish my kitchen at home was that nice! Or my bathroom... or, okay, can I just move in at the Grand?

We did both... we purchased Copper Creek direct and VGF resale (tried VGF direct but there was a long waitlist). Depending on what resort you’re looking at, there might be a waitlist to get points if you’re looking to go direct.

Direct is great because you literally give them your credit card and points are in your account next day. Also, you get all the extra perks (discounts, special events, etc.)

With resale, it’s been a little over a month now. Definitely a slow process. Just a note, as of January 17th, all the direct prices went up, so that’s another factor you want to keep in mind. Also, you do not receive any perks with resale.

Good luck to you!

I just read the other day, on one of those re-sale sites, that there are going to be perks (some) again, even if you didn't purchase from Disney direct. You have to purchase at least 75 points to get some of the perks. This is a new thing, and I don't know when it will go into effect. Not sure if I'm allowed to say the DVC resale sight's name, but just thought I would pass on this information.

I just read the other day, on one of those re-sale sites, that there are going to be perks (some) again, even if you didn't purchase from Disney direct. You have to purchase at least 75 points to get some of the perks. This is a new thing, and I don't know when it will go into effect. Not sure if I'm allowed to say the DVC resale sight's name, but just thought I would pass on this information.

You might have misread.

You are now required to maintain a minimum of 75 DIRECT Points in order to receive the perks.

You can check out this thread. This was just announced this morning...

https://www.disboards.com/threads/e...mbership-extras.3663779/page-14#post-58810456

We have grown to love doing more meals "on the fly" but find ourselves returning over and over again to Citricos (or Mizners during Citricos hours) to enjoy a light dinner made from their appetizers and that chocolate banana dessert :cloud9: it's nice to not need ADRs for that!

I love that dessert! We don't usually order dessert, but make an exception here. I didn't know we can get it at Mizners, so thanks for posting this.

The Villas are what got me hooked back on Disney as an adult. They are just sumptuous! Especially the 1 bedroom and up... I wish my kitchen at home was that nice! Or my bathroom... or, okay, can I just move in at the Grand?

Agree! "Sumptuous" is the appropriate word. I also want that bed at home, though it makes it hard to get up in the morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter