(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do ride the boat back from MK. It's so much faster!

Do try room service if weather is bad and you stuck in the room, it's always a treat!

Do take time to listen in the lobby to the music.

The resort is fine with you walking around with adult beverages, I might have done that :rolleyes1. So take a stroll with the kiddos and explore. They sell lots of good stuff in Sandy Cove , lobby 1st floor.

You can enter all buildings except SL and each has a different view from the lobby. BC has a nice view of EWP from its doors out towards the lagoon.

The beverages and food at the pool are good. Lots of options! I even order food to go from pool when getting ready to go back to room and then carry it back and relax in room. More fun waiting in pool or hotttub while someone prepares your meal :flower1:

Don't be so busy you don't enjoy this lovely resort!
Awesome - Thank you!

We just got back 2 days ago- on our second night we had the mirosas, too, and LOVED the drink! They only had it out one night, I sure wish they would have had it out more than just one night out of the ten we were there :(
When I was there I complained because the bartender didn't know to mix the tropical juice to make a mimosa. Or that you could mix the juice with wine either. I was like "really??" I told him how to make all my favorites lol. Really the safari sunset at akl cl can be made at gf and poly because they have the same ingredients.

Well at least you got to be one of the 1st to try it. :)

We just got back 2 days ago- on our second night we had the mirosas, too, and LOVED the drink! They only had it out one night, I sure wish they would have had it out more than just one night out of the ten we were there :(
The bartender actually discouraged people from drinking it. He kept shaking his head. My son liked it, though. He was disappointed that they didn't serve it again.

I asked if they were pouring Rosa Regale plain and he said no.

Hello!

Could anyone point me to recent photos of a king deluxe turret room in the main building?

Thanks!

Edited: Nevermind, I found some already posted on the thread. :)

Very excited to be staying at the Grand in 2bdr villa in August! All eight of us and all adults ( just don’t tell the 20 something’s I referred to them as adults, lol).
Has anyone gotten early room service breakfasts on rope drop days? It’d probably be a nice surprise, but would need 6 am delivery. My go to is usually peanut butter in toast and coffee, and then punt them out the door. :ccat:
Thanks

Hello all! This is my first time posting! I have been going to Disney since I was a baby and have used this site many times to answer questions I have had!
My family booked a theme park view room at The GF for June... we only have a few days left! However, today we received a call from Disney stating that the Building we requested (Sago) was closed due to refurbishment. I didn’t see any refurbishments listed on any websites for the GF and was just curious. We really love the building and are really bummed. Thanks in advance for any help!!

When I was there I complained because the bartender didn't know to mix the tropical juice to make a mimosa. Or that you could mix the juice with wine either. I was like "really??" I told him how to make all my favorites lol. Really the safari sunset at akl cl can be made at gf and poly because they have the same ingredients.

Well at least you got to be one of the 1st to try it. :)

Okay, I’m intrigued. What is a safari sunset drink? I’m sure if it has wine or champagne involved...I’m all in. :banana:

Hello all! This is my first time posting! I have been going to Disney since I was a baby and have used this site many times to answer questions I have had!
My family booked a theme park view room at The GF for June... we only have a few days left! However, today we received a call from Disney stating that the Building we requested (Sago) was closed due to refurbishment. I didn’t see any refurbishments listed on any websites for the GF and was just curious. We really love the building and are really bummed. Thanks in advance for any help!!

We just got back a few days ago. Not quite sure what they were doing but saw work being done on the outside of the Sago building. Possibly some power washing/painting but not positive.

Hoping someone more versed in Disney can help.

I have a one night stay booked in a Grand Floridian Villa on night one of our stay, booked through Disney resorts.

I have a DVC rental booked the second night for the same type of Villa.

I want to be able to stay in the same Villa for the duration of the stay. Seems like I could ask to have them linked as a continuing reservation. However I was told that this is not possible because regular cash reservations are assigned in a different building than a DVC reservation (even though both reservations are the exact same Villa type and view).

This makes no sense to me. Is it actually true?

To make things more interesting, the CMs at the resort reservation line say they cannot see the DVC reservation so they cannot put a note in it. DVC member services says they can't put in a note in unless the owner of the points calls to ask. Certainly there has to be someone who can edit both reservations and place a note with the other confirmation number so there is a shot at having the request honored when they start looking at room assignments 10 days prior (unless the must be in different buildings thing is true).

Has anyone done/tried to do something like this before? Suggestions to improve odds of success?

I have a one night stay booked in a Grand Floridian Villa on night one of our stay, booked through Disney resorts.

I want to be able to stay in the same Villa for the duration of the stay. Seems like I could ask to have them linked as a continuing reservation. However I was told that this is not possible because regular cash reservations are assigned in a different building than a DVC reservation (even though both reservations are the exact same Villa type and view).

Sort of true. They can't be linked as they are on 2 different systems. The different buildings part is not true.

To make things more interesting, the CMs at the resort reservation line say they cannot see the DVC reservation so they cannot put a note in it. DVC member services says they can't put in a note in unless the owner of the points calls to ask.

Both of these are true.

Certainly there has to be someone who can edit both reservations and place a note with the other confirmation number so there is a shot at having the request honored when they start looking at room assignments 10 days prior.

There is not.

Has anyone done/tried to do something like this before? Suggestions to improve odds of success?

I have never heard of anyone having success. Unless they are the luckiest person in the world and just happened to get the same villa assigned for the 2nd stay.

Reactions: jfh
The different buildings part is not true

I have never heard of anyone having success. Unless they are the luckiest person in the world and just happened to get the same villa assigned for the 2nd stay.

Thanks. Glad to hear different buildings part not true. Now I at least have a chance at becoming the luckiest person in the world. ;)

If I were to go a different route and stay in the GF main building CL for the first night, can I stay in the Club between checkout time and the time the Villa is ready? (Presume no).

Thanks. Glad to hear different buildings part not true. Now I at least have a chance at becoming the luckiest person in the world. ;)

If I were to go a different route and stay in the GF main building CL for the first night, can I stay in the Club between checkout time and the time the Villa is ready? (Presume no).

Definitely! You are considered a guest, with access to all the resort amenities, until Midnight of check out day.

Reactions: jfh
Grand looking amazing. View from Gasparalla

F11D36A8-A72E-47DC-8973-9C6255FDA07C.jpeg

F11D36A8-A72E-47DC-8973-9C6255FDA07C.jpeg

This is champagne mixed with POG (same as jungle juice/tropical punch)

F1FA51E9-9879-4C00-93EC-E926458FDD98.jpeg
The next 2 are from akl cl. Pog goes on bottle them slowly poor the red wine to make the safari sunset!
63CF2D9B-B763-40A8-95F8-DB992230892F.jpeg
D499B5F2-D8C0-4790-ACEF-5A9363F1416E.jpeg
This is poly. Dd mixed the sparkling with pog for her POGmosa!(her name for it)

C23680E7-B63A-4FAB-809F-A34AA3298323.jpeg
This was gf sl in January . I asked for champagne then I have the glass of tropical juice next to it and added in the room while I relaxed going home day.

That juice is great with while or red wines and sparkling. Don't like alcohol ? That's ok mix it with sprite , ginger ale or sparkling water !

23222065-5B3E-404B-9B0C-EFC5B0ECF08D.jpeg
Okay, I’m intrigued. What is a safari sunset drink? I’m sure if it has wine or champagne involved...I’m all in. :banana:

Last edited:

To make things more interesting, the CMs at the resort reservation line say they cannot see the DVC reservation so they cannot put a note in it. DVC member services says they can't put in a note in unless the owner of the points calls to ask. Certainly there has to be someone who can edit both reservations and place a note with the other confirmation number so there is a shot at having the request honored when they start looking at room assignments 10 days prior (unless the must be in different buildings thing is true).

I don’t know if it would work, I’ve never stayed DVC but it’s worked when I added a room only 1 night stay. On check in on 1st res I asked then if I could keep same room.

I would explain situation when you check in for first night. If they cant help then stop at the check in desk first thing in the morning for the 2nd reservation. That way if possible you can keep room OR get a room right away which will help with transfer of personal items.

We just got back a few days ago. Not quite sure what they were doing but saw work being done on the outside of the Sago building. Possibly some power washing/painting but not positive.
Thank you! They said we will be staying in Conch Key instead. I was just curious. We love Sago at the GF!

Thank you! They said we will be staying in Conch Key instead. I was just curious. We love Sago at the GF!
We had a room in Conch Key that we really liked. It was conveniently located between the boat dock and the main building. We would exit through the door on the marina side of the building to go to Gasparillas. It was a nice walk along the water. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!