(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
@trishadono , hope you’re having an AMAZING trip! :cloud9: I’m planning our next RPC stay, and I remember you mentioning a Deluxe room that doesn’t show up online but you can book over the phone (can’t find the post)- would you please refresh my memory? :thanks:

I'm not trisha, but I'm guessing you're thinking about RPC deluxe queen? Deluxe king is bookable online, but deluxe queen is only bookable by calling :).

I'm not trisha, but I'm guessing you're thinking about RPC deluxe queen? Deluxe king is bookable online, but deluxe queen is only bookable by calling :).

Thanks @mickeynut1 !!! Yes, that’s exactly what I’m talking about! :thanks: I’ve been researching it online and am ‘sold’ on it! :lovestruc

Speaking of, I now know there are six of these rooms in the main building (three on the third floor, three on the fourth). Does anyone have a link to a resort layout that shows where these six floors are located? THANK YOU in advance!

Last edited:
Yep its different but for the price SL is a great value. You get all the same food and drinks. The building location for SL is great especially for pools.

I like rpc if I am actually going to have time to relax. However for trips with a lot of plans sl is great.

If price the same I would do RPC every time. However sometimes its not worth the extra price. Some seasons its $$$$. I just got a great deal with AP last weekend so RPC worked for that trip.

YEPPERS PIX will be coming!!!
Missed you by 4 days :sad2:

You know I have noticed over the years that many cl cms bust their butt to keep things clean and well stocked.

Want better service? Give them the "why".

We just arrived and would love some champagne!

We just got back from Epcot and boy was it HOT, can we get some champagne or wine?

It's going home day can we get an adult beverage before our ME ?

They tend to fill it up good or offer more when you smile and look happy! This has worked at all the cl's . If you shy/ quiet they tend to leave you alone.

Abdul tho, wow he is the best! Such a lovely man.

We also thank them for making our trip more awesome and clean up when we can.

Well not knowing my family and assuming we didn’t do any of that is a little presumptuous. We are very outgoing, always said thank you and always stacked plates and cleaned up after ourselves. I noticed them standing around most of the time just chatting amongst themselves while people had dirty plates and empty glasses pile up. If asked they definitely would help but I didn’t notice anything above and beyond what ever cm is expected to do. The only time in 9 days I saw them go a little extra was when the GM was up there looking over things and he started to clear tables and pour wine, man did people start moving then. We were there 9 nights and only a couple cm‘s actually spoke and got to know us and I assure you we more than a few times smiled and tried to converse with them throughout the trip.

Last edited:

Well not knowing my family and assuming we didn’t do any of that is a little presumptuous. We are very outgoing, always said thank you and always stacked plates and cleaned up after ourselves. I noticed them standing around most of the time just chatting amongst themselves while people had dirty plates and empty glasses pile up. If asked they definitely would help but I didn’t notice anything above and beyond what ever cm is expected to do. The only time in 9 days I saw them go a little extra was when the GM was up there looking over things and he started to clear tables and pour wine, man did people start moving then. We were there 9 nights and only a couple cm‘s actually spoke and got to know us and I assure you we more than a few times smiled and tried to converse with them throughout the trip.
No not at all. I'm just saying I too have been disappointed in the past.

I find I'm less disappointed if I do more of the work.

Sorry if you misunderstood .

IMG_1008.jpg IMG_1009.jpg
@trishadono , hope you’re having an AMAZING trip! :cloud9: I’m planning our next RPC stay, and I remember you mentioning a Deluxe room that doesn’t show up online but you can book over the phone (can’t find the post)- would you please refresh my memory? :thanks:
4x19, 20 and 22.

My friend @Dispro1 stays in them often and has let me see them. I love the extra space!

A smile and a “How are you today?” before a request works for us!

Apparently my MDE account is one affected by whatever IT / database disaster is going on right now. SIL/BIL tickets and everyone’s MNSSHP tickets aren’t displaying. My before/after offsite reservations are not displaying and I have a Stitch page where Magicbands should be! I have all cancelled dining reservations displaying as well.

I called to find out about Magicbands shipping since that should be happening any time and the CM said MDE was going through a “Magical Enhancement”, :badpc: I’ve heard various rumors but a database failure and a backup restore sounds most plausible since it seems account specific.

Thanks everyone for the lovely picture! Helps set the mood for more packing. :cloud9:

Yes, I have heard of the trouble everyone is having. I actually have to clear my cookies every time I go on the Disney website, very annoying. I called a while back they told me not to use Safari and download google chrome. Its better but still a mess!!!

Unfortunately I received the same service the two times I stayed in RPC. Not knowing me and how I talk to EVERYONE and basically clean bathroom counters, straighten up our rooms before housekeeping and help as much as possible in a restaurant. I couldn't get any CMs to even look our way, I had to beg for a drink when it wasn't out and received annoyed looks every time I asked. They seemed much more interested to talk to guests that were their REGULARS, the only people that spoke to us where the GMs that walked around from time to time. We never complained but never stayed RPC again, my kids who aren't kids and my DH agreed that we didn't need to feel out of place in a place that we love, two times was enough. With that said, if you love it....great, if their nice to you....great!!! I love going into Miznor's, paying for my drinks, receiving it with a smile and tons of conversation. We're friends with almost the entire staff in there, even follow them on FB and they know when we're coming down. Thats what I love about the GF and WDW in general. Everyone finds what makes it magical for them!!!:wizard:

On a side note, I use it to my advantage with my DH telling every time we visit how much money I am saving him by staying in an outer building..:rotfl2:

Thanks @mickeynut1 !!! Yes, that’s exactly what I’m talking about! :thanks: I’ve been researching it online and am ‘sold’ on it! :lovestruc

You're welcome :)

I've never stayed in a deluxe room, but I'm thinking that's going to be my room of choice on my next RPC stay. They look amazing and the extra room would be so nice :goodvibes.

Packing has begun. :dogdance: We will be arriving Saturday. We can’t wait. This trip is during my birthday, so I will be having several birthday cupcakes. :D

Packing is always fun!! Hope you have a great birthday trip :bday: :cake:.

It's always sad to be home, but it's a good excuse to start planning the next one ::yes::.

Yes, I have heard of the trouble everyone is having. I actually have to clear my cookies every time I go on the Disney website, very annoying. I called a while back they told me not to use Safari and download google chrome. Its better but still a mess!!!

I use google chrome and I'm also having problems with MDE. No MBs showing up and 1 of 3 Halloween party tickets are missing. I called the other day and the CM pulled up my account and said everything is showing up on their end, but it's still frustrating to not see it on my end. I just hope nothing messes up on their end between now and when we arrive in Oct because spending time trying to figure out their mess isn't something I want to do once there :sad2:.

Packing has begun. :dogdance: We will be arriving Saturday. We can’t wait. This trip is during my birthday, so I will be having several birthday cupcakes. :D

Happy Birthday! Disney is a perfect place to celebrate!pixiedust:

I use google chrome and I'm also having problems with MDE. No MBs showing up and 1 of 3 Halloween party tickets are missing. I called the other day and the CM pulled up my account and said everything is showing up on their end, but it's still frustrating to not see it on my end. I just hope nothing messes up on their end between now and when we arrive in Oct because spending time trying to figure out their mess isn't something I want to do once there :sad2:.

The website displays the same across all platforms but the app...:furious: It displays differently on my iPad than on my iphone and that’s different than the website! Just leaves me scratching my head. Magicbands have shipped so all is good hopefully....

I don’t get the addition of the Shop Parks and whatever the game thing is they recently added to MDE app. You’re at Disney for goodness sakes. Put the phone down and enjoy!

Disney IT aside, I am so ready to head down! Does anyone have any recent experience with cabanas or the new covered chair rental? I thought @trishadono or @GADisneyDad14 had posted something about them but I can’t find it now. Thanks for any help!

Disney IT aside, I am so ready to head down! Does anyone have any recent experience with cabanas or the new covered chair rental? I thought @trishadono or @GADisneyDad14 had posted something about them but I can’t find it now. Thanks for any help!

Hi! As of this past weekend, there were....

- The four regular cabanas at the Beach Pool (the ones that have been there a long time, were away after the hurricane last year for a bit, but appeared to about the same as always).

- Two umbrella-covered chair/couch/lounge areas at the Courtyard Pool. These have nice cushioned seating and an extra large umbrella covering. Not as private as a cabana and I’m assuming less frills.

Last time I was at GF (April 2017) there was also an umbrella-covered reserved area by the kids splash area, but that one was no longer there this time.

The two reserved seating areas at the Courtyard Pool are located here:

Courtyard Pool Covered Seating Area-Sept 2018.jpg

Unfortunately I don’t have details of the latest cost or amenities provided for either.

Hope that helps!

Happy Birthday! Disney is a perfect place to celebrate!pixiedust:

I agree! ::yes::

The website displays the same across all platforms but the app...:furious: It displays differently on my iPad than on my iphone and that’s different than the website! Just leaves me scratching my head. Magicbands have shipped so all is good hopefully....

:sad2:

Glad your MBs have shipped though :goodvibes.

You’re at Disney for goodness sakes. Put the phone down and enjoy!

ITA :thumbsup2

Disney IT aside, I am so ready to head down!

Hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter