(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
For parking at the resort when they visit you, I would expect they will be allowed if they tell the guard at the entrance what they are doing, but they do have to be prepared to be told no. It seems that will vary depending on how busy the resort is and the whim of who is manning the guard booth. For parking all day I doubt they would let them, they can either a)ask b)just say they are visiting you and not mention it will be all day and see if the guard mentions a time limit, or c)just park at the TTC and meet you at the parks. C is the most by the rules answer.

As for them visiting with you at the resort, this is the one time that CL may be a hinderance. They are of course allowed to visit with you in your room. As for hanging out in the CL lounge with you, again there are some options. Since I would feel really obvious about trying to just "sneak" people into the lounge and I can assure you we would be the people confronted and "caught" :laughing:, I would recommend just asking a CM if you want to bring them to the lounge. I have heard of CMs saying that's fine, but they could say no. If I did have them in my room I personally wouldn't feel bad about taking extra snacks/drinks to the room and letting them share with me, but that's just me.

We have had a babysitter spend the day with our kids while we are staying CL, and she takes them to the lounge and gets food for herself as well as them, and the CMs have never cared. They even chat with her about the twins while they are down there. But that's not quite the same as your situation, just a time they don't seem to have an issue with someone not staying there using the lounge.

ETA I forgot about the pool. They are not actually allowed to use the pools. If they didn't want to swim I would just have them go to the pool area with you and sit at the table/chairs to interact with you while you are there. If they want to swim you could either do that despite the rules, or you can ask a lifeguard and see if they allow them to accompany you. I have heard of them allowing it, not sure if I've heard of them saying no when asked or not. If it's a less crowded time of year or day it would help your cause. I have also read about people successfully getting a "pool pass" for guests from the front desk, I don't see any harm in asking them ahead of time and seeing what they say.

I can’t imagine they’d let their guests just come in on a daily basis and use the lounge or pools without paying or having their own room? It’s technically sneaking them in, but that’s just my opinion. I wouldn’t feel comfortable doing that. I’d just have them get a standard room so there’s no issue.

I can’t imagine they’d let their guests just come in on a daily basis and use the lounge or pools without paying or having their own room? It’s technically sneaking them in, but that’s just my opinion. I wouldn’t feel comfortable doing that. I’d just have them get a standard room so there’s no issue.

I don't think the people who asked and were allowed to were asking for length of stay or anything, just a visit to the lounge or pool. I always have to LOL though at the suggestions people give to just rent a standard room. Yes, that is a way to be allowed to use any amenities, obviously, but not too many people can just rent a $300-$1000 room so they can use the pool and visit friends. If they could or wanted to, they would be staying there with their family/friends. I do know that I have read of people having success in asking if guests can use the pool (not at the YC/BC) or club lounge with them on a case by case basis. Also, FWIW, we once had a situation involving using the WL CL lounge where we were told we were not allowed to bring family members up (it was a long involved story I won't go into here as to why we thought we should be able to and asked, but were told no).

I don't think the people who asked and were allowed to were asking for length of stay or anything, just a visit to the lounge or pool. I always have to LOL though at the suggestions people give to just rent a standard room. Yes, that is a way to be allowed to use any amenities, obviously, but not too many people can just rent a $300-$1000 room so they can use the pool and visit friends. If they could or wanted to, they would be staying there with their family/friends. I do know that I have read of people having success in asking if guests can use the pool (not at the YC/BC) or club lounge with them on a case by case basis. Also, FWIW, we once had a situation involving using the WL CL lounge where we were told we were not allowed to bring family members up (it was a long involved story I won't go into here as to why we thought we should be able to and asked, but were told no).

I get it might be expensive to get their own room, but if they want to use the GF resort amenities, that’s what they’d have to do.

I get it might be expensive to get their own room, but if they want to use the GF resort amenities, that’s what they’d have to do.
Sure, unless they ask and are told it's ok. They might be told no, but they can ask. I'm not arguing for or against this being allowed, just saying they can ask and that I have read stories of others being allowed after asking. Maybe those are exceptions, IDK, but it has happened.

Since we are staying at GF I thought I would ask here to start. We are coming down in August and my In laws want to come for a few days. They have hotel points so they are going to stay off property. They want to come do everything with us though. Is it going to be an issue them parking at the resort and hanging out with us? Also on the days we visit the park I assume they would have to park at TTC and mono over right? I just want to make sure they are able to visit us at the GF and park for the day while we hang out there. We are staying CL, do they have to show a magic band to come into that building?
Could you just register their vehicle under your GF reservation? It would cost $24 a night. Not sure if thats something you guys would want to pay for. If Disney requires one of them on the reservation (MagicBand scanning to enter), thats another $35. Now that I've type it all out, $59 seems kinda steep for parking access. lol

Our kids are finally getting old enough that DH and I feel more comfortable leaving them for a bit. He wanted to go to Disney Springs and the Edison. I said I wouldn’t go that far. we’d like to go out to a dinner just at the two of us at GF. Which place should we chose? with 6 kids we have never eaten at GF so this will be kind of a special part of the trip.

Our kids are finally getting old enough that DH and I feel more comfortable leaving them for a bit. He wanted to go to Disney Springs and the Edison. I said I wouldn’t go that far. we’d like to go out to a dinner just at the two of us at GF. Which place should we chose? with 6 kids we have never eaten at GF so this will be kind of a special part of the trip.

We love Narcoossee’s! It’s right on the water. You can see the castle and watch the fireworks! Enjoy!

I liked Narcoosee's but if you would consider a monorail resort restaurant instead DH & I LOVED Cali Grill.

For RPC folks, is there a policy about keeping club lounge food in the lounge? I was just wondering if CL guests may bring club lounge food to the pools or back to their rooms?

Reserved a cabana for BC and GF for a split stay this summer. For both I was told “you must be a guest of x resort and present a magic band or key card when checking in”. Now whether they actually check who knows.

Also, was reserving some tours and other recreation and had to get my pass holder card or a magic band number for her to pull up the AP discount. This was a first for me.

This happens during my GF stay! I wasn't planning on going to Mizner's since its a short split and we will be in SL, but I will have to check it out and report back. I wonder how soon Summer’s Lace will have men's apparel (immediately on 4/5)? I've purchased things from time to time at Commander Porter’s and my have the itch to shop. lol

The whole second floor of the lobby will be transformed between this and the salon.

This needs it desperately, we were there in January for 4 nights and only got to squeeze in there once.:crowded: We're friends with a lot of cast members that work there, I wonder if they know when it's opening. I'll have to reach out, we might be there the end of September if it works for the kids. Going into the Miznor's before and after we leave the hotel is a tradition:drinking1. Its my one of my favorite spots at the GFpixiedust:

This happens during my GF stay! I wasn't planning on going to Mizner's since its a short split and we will be in SL, but I will have to check it out and report back. I wonder how soon Summer’s Lace will have men's apparel (immediately on 4/5)? I've purchased things from time to time at Commander Porter’s and my have the itch to shop. lol

The whole second floor of the lobby will be transformed between this and the salon.
Even my son at 21 likes to shop there. They have better stuff than what we have at home.
This needs it desperately, we were there in January for 4 nights and only got to squeeze in there once.:crowded: We're friends with a lot of cast members that work there, I wonder if they know when it's opening. I'll have to reach out, we might be there the end of September if it works for the kids. Going into the Miznor's before and after we leave the hotel is a tradition:drinking1. Its my one of my favorite spots at the GFpixiedust:
Dh and I stop there sometimes at night or just before our ME for a coffee and view before heading home.

I’m rpc this upcoming trip. I’m not thrilled. It’s not so bad for me , it’s dh and Ds. Last Memorial weekend we really enjoyed it. I’m concerned about noise. I don’t normally care about outdoor noise but this is directly below the std rpc rooms. Hmmm

Hoping they “off” for the holiday weekend.

I guess overall I’m happy about Milzners expansion but hope they still have enough of our favorite men’s and women’s brands in the shops. :flower1:

For RPC folks, is there a policy about keeping club lounge food in the lounge? I was just wondering if CL guests may bring club lounge food to the pools or back to their rooms?

As mrsap posted, food is allowed to be taken out of the lounge :).

I’ll be there mid April. I’ll try to take photos.

Have a great trip :wizard:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter