(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not that I am against refurbishments, but IDK how to feel about Ivy Trellis changing to Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique and Mizner's to a possible Beauty and the Beast Bar. So many guests already visit GF just to see it in all its grandeur and to dine. This will definitely make the 2nd floor very popular. I had some of the worst crowding, elevator waits, and monorail security waits this past December between the tree and gingerbread house. Maybe I am overestimating what will happen to the GF with these changes, but I feel like both will be extremely popular and regularly bring additional guests rather than just at Christmas and Easter time. Its just so nice returning to a peaceful lobby :cloud9:

Not that I am against refurbishments, but IDK how to feel about Ivy Trellis changing to Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique and Mizner's to a possible Beauty and the Beast Bar. So many guests already visit GF just to see it in all its grandeur and to dine. This will definitely make the 2nd floor very popular. I had some of the worst crowding, elevator waits, and monorail security waits this past December between the tree and gingerbread house. Maybe I am overestimating what will happen to the GF with these changes, but I feel like both will be extremely popular and regularly bring additional guests rather than just at Christmas and Easter time. Its just so nice returning to a peaceful lobby :cloud9:

I’m on a facebook group of disney fanatics and they are quite excited about taking advantage of the BBB at GF rather than at MK. Some of these families would stay at GF but most would be elsewhere. I agree with you that the point of staying at GF is not to get away from the crowds found at the parks.

Few weeks ago moved my reservation from the Grand due to an AP discount I could not pass up. None the less plan on coming back to what I feel is my home resort and having a drink at Mizner’s before it closed for the remodel, but now... this may be my last visit to Mizner’s if he rumor is true.

Making Mizner’s Lounge B&tB themed literally is the dumbest idea I have ever heard Disney do to a bar/restaurant/resort. Definitely will end my going to Mizner’s if it is true.

Does not fit the Grand at all theme wise, I as an adult do not want to drink at what I feel is a kids theme, I just want to relax and listen to the band. Also Mizner’s is V&A’s lounge (needed for the AAA Five Diamond Award) so not sure a B&tB theme will fly for AAA.

Does not fit the Grand at all theme wise, I as an adult do not want to drink at what I feel is a kids theme, I just want to relax and listen to the band. Also Mizner’s is V&A’s lounge (needed for the AAA Five Diamond Award) so not sure a B&tB theme will fly for AAA.

I have to agree that this really doesn't fit. I love Beauty and the Beast, and the words "library" and "forest" definitely call to me in a positive way. But I'm scratching my head trying to make this fit the current theme. It would have been better at the new Riviera resort (bonjour!). I'm also concerned with crowding on the 2nd floor, which isn't that big to begin with, given BBB and now this. So as much as I love the theme of BatB, I'd rather see it somewhere else. Expand Mizner's, but leave the current atmosphere alone!

I agree that these changes will affect the relative tranquility of the lobby during non-holiday times, which is part of the reason we love GF! :( I agree that it would also increase the monorail and elevator wait times, too. Hopefully I’m overreacting!
We have a September RPC trip booked, and after everything we’ve decided to “go with” after different Disney announcements for September, construction noise or crowds would really be a disappointment.
I try to remind myself that we will be at DISNEY :lovestruc, but maybe that just won’t be the right time to go. We will see! So far, the new theme for Mizner’s is just a rumor!

I may be alone on this one. I’ve stayed at the Grand Floridian several times but have never been to Mizner’s. If they changed to a beauty and the beast theme I would definitely visit it and I would be more likely to stay at the Grand Floridian. I wouldn’t want over the top Disney. But some subtle theming would definitely be welcome with me.

I got my fast passes in! I was surprisied that it wasn’t as hard to get FOP as I had expected. Trying to 7DM the last time we were here was far worse. My countdown has begun!!!

Now I feel like I can officially plan as I have a baseline of what parks we are going to for which day.

We are at the wrong season for MNSSHP which we’ve done on all of our other trips. I have some room in the budge and now I’m deciding between one of the fireworks dessert parties at MK vs the AK experience.

I got my fast passes in! I was surprisied that it wasn’t as hard to get FOP as I had expected. Trying to 7DM the last time we were here was far worse. My countdown has begun!!!

Now I feel like I can officially plan as I have a baseline of what parks we are going to for which day.

Congrats on getting your FPs! Enjoy the rest of your planning :wizard:.

We like to do our own Highway-in-the-Sky Monorail tour.

Our favorite stop at GF is Mizners!

Now where should we go? Does Citricos have a bar area?

I stayed at GF x1 and have been to Gaspirilla's and the pool bar, but I was looking for a main building lounge area.

I stayed at GF x1 and have been to Gaspirilla's and the pool bar, but I was looking for a main building lounge area.
Citricos and Narcoosees do. Thats a hidden gem. All the disney restaurants have a bar area and usually a lounge food menu to boot! I liked Narcoosees but havent' been to Citricos in sooo long I forget what it looks like.

We stopped at the Citrico’s bar area when they were using Mizner’s as a QS (forgive me I think....it was when they were redoing Gasparillas). It’s nice but not the same lounginess as Mizner’s IMO. If you’ve been to the bar area at Cali Grill or Flying Fish..Citrico’s has that vibe. Hope that makes sense

Depending on weather we do like to sit by the beach bar. There you can sit at the bar or out on the sand in the many chairs scattered around. I love to watch all the water action!

Or just grab a drink from either pool and sit by gaspies and watch the fireworks or perhaps in the lobby listening to the band. I often bring a drink from SL and just sit and listen. There are chairs on the 2nd floor too.

First of all let me say I might be alone but I am thrilled their refurbishing Miznors lounge. In January we were only able to get in once it was so packed all the time and when we did get in everything was so worn and old. We were there in May and didn't notice that everything was that way. With that being said, people flock to that bar no what no matter what the theme and it will ALWAYS be busy. With the theming in mind, I have to say that I think they're going to do a great job. I am sure its going to be very tasteful and no matter what sitting in the GF having a drink with the orchester playing is ALWAYS going to be my favorite spot. I know a lot people don't like a lot of the new refurbishments, but I really like the new look of everything. I like the old look too, but I think everything looks gorgeous.

OK, don't kill me but I love the idea of BBB taking over Ivy Trellis. I think its absolutely a perfect spot, if my DD was young enough or when I have Grand Daughters. I love the idea of somewhere calmer, not in a park or huge shop to really enjoy the experience whether its raining, cold or extremely hot it will be a perfect spot for that experience. In a setting of live music, whether a piano player or orchester as back drop. I know it might make things a little busy, but I love when the lobby is hoping with people. I enjoy the quiet slow pace in early morning and sometimes in the early afternoon but its so much better when there are lots of people around IMO. If I really want quiet I take a drink to my room and sit on the balcony.

We are at the wrong season for MNSSHP which we’ve done on all of our other trips. I have some room in the budge and now I’m deciding between one of the fireworks dessert parties at MK vs the AK experience.

Congratulations on the FPasses!!!

HELLO GRAND GROUPIES and a big :hug: to you @trishadono

:wave:

We stopped at the Citrico’s bar area when they were using Mizner’s as a QS (forgive me I think....it was when they were redoing Gasparillas). It’s nice but not the same lounginess as Mizner’s IMO. If you’ve been to the bar area at Cali Grill or Flying Fish..Citrico’s has that vibe. Hope that makes sense

I wish I would have thought to do that in January when Miznor's was packed:confused3

I have to agree that this really doesn't fit. I love Beauty and the Beast, and the words "library" and "forest" definitely call to me in a positive way. But I'm scratching my head trying to make this fit the current theme. It would have been better at the new Riviera resort (bonjour!). I'm also concerned with crowding on the 2nd floor, which isn't that big to begin with, given BBB and now this. So as much as I love the theme of BatB, I'd rather see it somewhere else. Expand Mizner's, but leave the current atmosphere alone!

I really like the idea of a refurbishment Miznor's lounge and I do enjoy Beauty and the Beast as a movie and a theme. The big rub for me is that the Grand is a Victorian (English) theme and Beauty and the Beast is French theme. They don't fit together, and a "forest" room at the Grand really feels out of place. Library on the other hand really does fit.

Sorry, navigating this thread is difficult with how long it is... is Ivy Trellis going away in favor of BBB? I was considering having hair/makeup at IT for the evning we're going to V&As for dinner, so that could be a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter