(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a problem. So if you’re a DVC owner, you have an 11 month advantage of booking a trip at your HOME resort. At 7 months from your trip date, you can book at ANY RESORT you want, pending availability.
Thank you! So, theoretically David's may have someone available to rent points to use at VGF at 7 months?

At 7 months, owners can book at non-home resorts. Theoretically, you could see some VGF owners switch from their home resort to any of the other resorts at at 7 months. In practice, that doesn’t happen often enough to move the needle in favor of renters seeking one of VGF’s 47 studios.
Thank you! Hopefully I can find something. My parents and my sis/brother-in-law have Outer Building rooms at GF that week. My husband and I were just hoping to get a 1-bedroom at VGF so that we'd have the kitchen and not have to share a room with my daughter's crib. :laughing:

Thank you! So, theoretically David's may have someone available to rent points to use at VGF at 7 months?

Thank you! Hopefully I can find something. My parents and my sis/brother-in-law have Outer Building rooms at GF that week. My husband and I were just hoping to get a 1-bedroom at VGF so that we'd have the kitchen and not have to share a room with my daughter's crib. :laughing:

Definitely doesn’t hurt to try. I’d call sooner than later, though!! I’ve never rented points, so not sure how David’s works with renting. Did you try booking a cash reservation?

Definitely doesn’t hurt to try. I’ve never rented points, so not sure how that works. I’d call sooner than later, though!! Did you try booking a cash reservation?
Yes, I tried a cash reservation too.

I've used David's before to book the VGF Grand Villa, but that was the only time so I'm not intimately familiar with the process. When I tried to book earlier this week they didn't have any VGF availability either.

Yes, I tried a cash reservation too.

I've used David's before to book the VGF Grand Villa, but that was the only time so I'm not intimately familiar with the process. When I tried to book earlier this week they didn't have any VGF availability either.

I’m sorry. VGF is tough. Is the main building an option for you, or will you only do the villas? There is availability there.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/resorts/grand-floridian-resort-and-spa/rates-rooms/

I’m sorry. VGF is tough. Is the main building an option for you, or will you only do the villas? There is availability there.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/resorts/grand-floridian-resort-and-spa/rates-rooms/
I have an Outer Building room reserved just in case we can't find a villa by the time we travel. Definitely won't ruin the trip. Haha. Just really hoping to not share a bedroom with my 22-month-old and have a kitchen to make her breakfast in the mornings.

I hope something works out for you. I own at VGF and I’m currently trying to fill an inside straight because two of my nights are not available. But at least I can put in a wait list for those nights and book the rest. Renters have to wait for every night to open up. Good luck!

I hope something works out for you. I own at VGF and I’m currently trying to fill an inside straight because two of my nights are not available. But at least I can put in a wait list for those nights and book the rest. Renters have to wait for every night to open up. Good luck!

Good luck! I hope it becomes available! I had an 8 day waitlist filled for a second trip to VGF this year! (It filled eight days after I made the original booking at Poly 7 months out with another contract!) So it is definitely possible!!

We are looking to do a two day visit in March. 2 adults, 2 kids 4 and 9. Not going to the parks. Just want 2 days at a Disney resort doing activities, character meal, using the pool if weather allows. Choice right now is between AK and GF (convention rate means we can get a good deal on either). Have stayed at AK before, love the theming, dining, community hall and the animals but my wife hates the layout, long walks from room to different areas.

Never tried GF. Wondering how kid friendly it will be and if it will entertain all of us for a few days. How does it rate for a ‘staycation?’

How are lagoon view outer building rooms for July 4th fireworks views? And what kind of special activities are there at the resort? Asking for a friend. :rolleyes1

How are lagoon view outer building rooms for July 4th fireworks views? And what kind of special activities are there at the resort? Asking for a friend. :rolleyes1

This past 4th, during the day, for the kids they had lots of pool games, then it moved onto the lawn games. At night (over by the Summer House building), they had a DJ, along with carnival style games! Also had a cash bar set up for the adults right in the SH building. It was a lot of fun!

We are looking to do a two day visit in March. 2 adults, 2 kids 4 and 9. Not going to the parks. Just want 2 days at a Disney resort doing activities, character meal, using the pool if weather allows. Choice right now is between AK and GF (convention rate means we can get a good deal on either). Have stayed at AK before, love the theming, dining, community hall and the animals but my wife hates the layout, long walks from room to different areas.

Never tried GF. Wondering how kid friendly it will be and if it will entertain all of us for a few days. How does it rate for a ‘staycation?’

We did a big family trip - 23 of us - including 7 kiddos - 13, 12, 10, 8, 4, 4, and 1. They ALL loved the resort and the pools. Watching the fireworks from the room (we had theme park view rooms) or out on the dock by Gaspirilla's. And the movie on the lawns. My only regret from the trip is I didn't get enough time at the resorts ;-)

The GF is a great resort and is just as kid friendly as any other resort. The pools are nice, there's a kids splash play area, and there are plenty of dining options available. I think it's a great place for a resort only trip :).

It's Disney. ALL resorts are kid friendly, LOL

You can have long walks still though. And outside, not inside.

Nice thing about GF is you can also walk to Poly, not use the pool but explore and do other activities or even hop and ride the monorail. So from that aspect, it is probably even better for a stay-cation.

Ty all! Good to hear. I think we are going to give it a shot.
I see you already made your decision, but I can't resist chiming in to say that I agree with all the points already made! It's a VERY relaxing resort. It has more shops and dining than probably any other resort (and I know that someone will correct me if I'm wrong!). The pools and splash pad will be fun for the kids, there is character dining on site, plus BBB if you have anyone who would like that. We have even had fun just riding the boat around the loop (unless your kids would be upset at being at the MK but not getting off there). The walk to the Poly is great, and they also have a character breakfast there that my family loves, and IMO, is underrated. I think you'll really enjoy it!

Are taxis readily available like they are at the Polynesian? Heading for our first GF trip next week and rope dropping Hollywood Studios for a boarding group for Rise of the Resistance. Would rather make a decision between bus or taxi then using Uber or Lyft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!