(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

With shorter park hours, any suggestions of what to do to pass the evening hours
In August dd and I did our usual. We love to visit the other mono resorts.
From gf you can walk over to poly and get a dole whip or a beverage from Tambu lounge. Stroll the grounds and see the tiki lights it’s lovely. Mono to Cr and check out the view from the 4th floor patio. Even without fireworks it’s a nice view of the castle. Have you ever sat on the CR beach with a beverage? That’s a nice peaceful view of bay lake.

Not kidding dd is visiting and texted me from her room just now. They have fun fall beverages at the wave! Stop there for a witches brew perhaps?

I may be boring but I enjoy just checking out ever nook and cranny of my building and grounds. I was surprised how much I enjoyed our summer trip. It was less stressful. There was just less stress trying to do it ALL.
Enjoy, soon it will be crazy again.

In August dd and I did our usual. We love to visit the other mono resorts.
From gf you can walk over to poly and get a dole whip or a beverage from Tambu lounge. Stroll the grounds and see the tiki lights it’s lovely. Mono to Cr and check out the view from the 4th floor patio. Even without fireworks it’s a nice view of the castle. Have you ever sat on the CR beach with a beverage? That’s a nice peaceful view of bay lake.

Not kidding dd is visiting and texted me from her room just now. They have fun fall beverages at the wave! Stop there for a witches brew perhaps?

I may be boring but I enjoy just checking out ever nook and cranny of my building and grounds. I was surprised how much I enjoyed our summer trip. It was less stressful. There was just less stress trying to do it ALL.
Enjoy, soon it will be crazy again.

Doesn't sound boring to me. Sounds pretty perfect! Can't wait for my October trip.

Going opening day! We were also some of the last to stay there before the closure (we checked out 3/12).

We were too! We checked out on 3/18; it was surreal to see the dark castle, no monorail and no boats. We actually got locked out of our building bc we were the only ones left and they though the building was empty.

So so so excited to go back on Oct 3rd!

Did we know this?

Was just on Disney's website and I see it now says the Courtyard Pool Bar is "reopening on September 21"

I know we knew the Courtyard Pool would reopen, but glad to see confirmation of that bar too.

If I'm just behind, carry on.

Thanks for sharing! It’s very exciting to see things trying to get back to ‘normal.’ Definitely wouldn’t be the same without the GF pool bars being open! How will I get my Malibu Bay Breeze(s)!!? 😂 😊 😋

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter