(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a main building club room booked for Christmas week. When I originally booked I was told even if there is no club I could essentially pay more to stay in the main building. While I was skeptical how accurate this was I booked anyway several months ago. I called today to inquire about the possibility of the club returning by Christmas. The cm told me if I didn’t switch to an outer building I would be moved to one at check in as club wouldn’t be available until 2021.

I have a GF Main Building Theme Park View room booked for check in on Jan. 4th, 2021.... I know DH won't want to go if the Royal Palm Club isn't open.

No, the WL/FW/CR boat has not running (although I really wish they would).

However the MK/WL boat is running, so if you’re going during park hours that’s an option. But the limited hours make this challenging in the evening.

Like probably everyone :crowded: we're looking for ways to fill the evenings. So we wanted to jump over to WL to try the bison burger one night. I guesss we'll have to decide whether it's worth an Uber (though from the threads I'm reading, people are even having trouble getting cabs/rideshares for these kinds of trips?) Maybe we'll grab one for lunch.... Either way...many thanks to you and to everyone who is providing info about the reopening of the resort.

Trip countdown: 1 more day!

We miss the GF and are looking forward to booking again in the fall of 2021.
Every time we stay here we have been able to get a dinner reservation for 6:30 at Narcoossee's.

And when we stayed at Contemporary we always go back to dinner here.
Overall I think we have had dinner here about 7 times in the last few years.

The last time we dined their, we were disappointed.
We were seated at a great table with a phenomenal view.
But
Our server seemed to be lacking in social interaction.
He seemed pre-occupied.
The dinner meal itself was pretty good, but the quality seemed better in previous visits.
We used to compare this to the dining experience at Artist Point (WL), and our great experiences at California Grill, but since Artist point closed, their are few
dinning venues we enjoy for entertaining.

Please come back and tell us your experience was worth it.
I can only hope we can not only get a dinner time again, but the experience is worth it.

Addendum Thanks for letting me express my view.

Last edited:

Can anyone confirm if the kids splash pad is open? We noticed it was off when we went by it on the monorail a few weeks ago. Thank you.

https://blogmickey.com/2020/09/bag-...loridian-walkway-latest-look-at-construction/
The walkway looks amazing!!!!! :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

According to this article, it seems as though lighting is all that needs to be completed in order to open!!
The nice thing about having to push our reservation out to 2022 is that many of the construction projects around WDW will be complete. I must admit, though, the project that excites me most is the walkway. Oh, to be able to stroll home from the MK on a warm and sweetly-perfumed May night ... dreamy! :cloud9:

The nice thing about having to push our reservation out to 2022 is that many of the construction projects around WDW will be complete. I must admit, though, the project that excites me most is the walkway. Oh, to be able to stroll home from the MK on a warm and sweetly-perfumed May night ... dreamy! :cloud9:

According to my iPhone step counter, I roughly walk around 20,000 steps when in MK... not sure I really need to add any more steps to that total, but I’d do anything to avoid standing in lines for a boat or monorail!! 😆 But in all seriousness, I’m really looking forward to it, too!! 😊

According to my iPhone step counter, I roughly walk around 20,000 steps when in MK... not sure I really need to add any more steps to that total, but I’d do anything to avoid standing in lines for a boat or monorail!! 😆 But in all seriousness, I’m really looking forward to it, too!! 😊
Well, I do love the little boats. But, as you say, the lines can be horrendous. So, I don’t mind some extra steps on the ol’ counter. There are definite compensatory rewards to enjoy at the end of the stroll. :goodvibes

Is the boat from GF to MK running?

I was sort of hoping they’d start running it once GF opened, but doesn’t seem like it at the moment.

Disney ran the Poly boat for a bit through July and some of August (even though the website said no watercraft service), I’m guessing they didn’t see enough demand so they pulled the plug. Granted it was mid July, but we watched that boat go back and forth empty or close to empty much of the day, it was pretty sad.

Maybe when they finish the boat dock work at MK and things pick up at GF they’ll bring it back at some point.

I give up guessing. :-)

Narcoossee’s is taking reservations now!

Phew !

I got Narcoossees for 2 nights lol. It kept crashing and I was screaming at my computer but oh well, that’s disney IT🤣

I was able to grab a Narcoossee’s reservation this morning!! Took some constant checking, but one finally popped up! I’m really looking forward to the bread and butter 😂 😋

Chefs de France opened after 10am and I got that our Epcot day. Now I think I all all set and less than 2 weeks away means "get packing"lol.

Never had it, but I heard it’s great!! I’ve been trying for Le Cellier!! Still nothing except a 3:00 for the day I want it. If I can’t get it for the first week, I’ll definitely try for the 2nd!! Hope you have a great trip!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter