Disney's Kingdom Hearts

DodgerGirl

Crazy For The Mandalorian
In my Nintendo DS case I found Disney's Kingdom Hearts Recoded for my Nintendo DS and I am amazed at this game and I remember hearing so much about Kingdom Hearts that I finally got the game for Christmas one year for my Nintendo DS and liked it. I understand Disney's Kingdom Hearts was really popular and has many popular sequels and stars the characters from Final Fantasy and features Mickey Mouse Jiminy Cricket and other characters as they try to help Sora find clues to a mysterious journal. I know that Japanese pop singer Utada does the theme song to the game called Simple And Clean. Is this game series still popular and how did Kingdom Hearts get so huge?

I think why Disney created Kingdom Hearts was to see how successful the game would become as a video game franchise and try to base merchandise off it such as comic books of Kingdom Hearts. I remember when I first heard about Disney's Kingdom Hearts I knew what a success the game would become. And who knew that putting characters from Final Fantasy into Disney's Kingdom Hearts would go so well together. Is the Kingdom Hearts game series still being made and will there be a smartphone app game version of Kingdom Hearts to be made in the future?

Kingdom Hearts is odd. So few people know about it but is beloved by those that do, and I think it is mostly because the main games were playstation exclusives and Nintendo got the in between games. But the story and game play is done amazingly (at least the ones I played are). The latest game, KH3 came out a couple years ago and was very popular. I always get the best reactions at disney when I have a kingdom hearts shirt on, but the only merch I have found in the parks in pins, even right when the newest game came out.

There was a smart phone game, but it ended. Square Enix is pretty consistent with coming out with new Final Fantasy games, but everything else they do they take their time and don't release it until the have the right story and the game is done right. If they are planning a 4, don't expect it anytime soon. Playstation rereleased all the older games right before 3 came out so there is a lot of games to play if you want to get into it.

I played it because was (is?) Included in the XBox pass. I played only the last one and could not understand the story at all, I was lost 🤣
Not having played the earlier chapters obviously contributed, but it seemed to me it was all quite confusing anyway, with lot of dialogs which really didn't make much sense at all.
However, it was still enjoyable 😆

I LOVE KINGDOM HEARTS. At least, I love the first two in the main series and Chain of Memories and Dream Drop. The third in the main series is fun, I just thought it was going to be the conclusion and the ending (and treatment of Kairi as a damsel in distress again, despite implications that she was going to be a major hero) annoyed me. Also I did not know a lot of what was going on near the end, because I refused to buy into a ton of the remixes.

The problem with this series is the lore has gotten to an unwieldly point. It's pretty much impossible to break into it without going back and playing a ton of the older games.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter