Disney's Magical Express -- Luggage Tag Info

Forgive me if this has been asked a thousand times but I was wondering why the DME bags get placed in your room without your presence but bell hop won't deliver bags otherwise without you being there. Seems strange to me.

Because DME takes care of the delivery tip, but not if you leave the bags with Bell yourself.

Even if you are not in your room, your bags will be delivered to your room. When we were there in April, we went to Disney Spring for dinner, when we came back, our bags were already in our room.

And also, next day, we have some pantry stuff delivered from Amazon and when we came back from the one of the park, it was inside our room.

EDIT: Misread your question. Didn't know this.

It's not policy for groceries or bags you leave with Bell to be delivered without you there. They want their tip. You got service that shouldn't be expected.

I have a question:
So I take a bus to go to Orlando, and it will drop me near the airport. I have DME tags. Since I made a reservation, I have the tags and stay at a resort, can I use the bus and luggage service despite not taking the plane?
Other question: does Uber drivers have access to the resorts (to pick me up/drop me in case I can't take the DME)? Since I don't have a car it looks like the only alternative to me.

Finally, can I ride on the bus even if I don't give an estimated time of arrival to the service, can I drop my luggage at the DME counter?

I have a question:
So I take a bus to go to Orlando, and it will drop me near the airport. I have DME tags. Since I made a reservation, I have the tags and stay at a resort, can I use the bus and luggage service despite not taking the plane?
Other question: does Uber drivers have access to the resorts (to pick me up/drop me in case I can't take the DME)? Since I don't have a car it looks like the only alternative to me.

Finally, can I ride on the bus even if I don't give an estimated time of arrival to the service, can I drop my luggage at the DME counter?

I know that it doesn't matter how you get to the airport (goofy4tink likes to say that you can take a yak ;)), but there's no way for you to use the luggage delivery service because DME gets the luggage from wherever the luggage handlers put it after taking off the plane, not from the DME counter. I don't think they need an ETA for getting on the bus, so that shouldn't be a problem.

I know that it doesn't matter how you get to the airport (goofy4tink likes to say that you can take a yak ;)), but there's no way for you to use the luggage delivery service because DME gets the luggage from wherever the luggage handlers put it after taking off the plane, not from the DME counter. I don't think they need an ETA for getting on the bus, so that shouldn't be a problem.
Thank you :). So I can just hop on the bus with my luggages and drop them at the resort. Can the resort keep it until it's check-in time? I won't keep my bags to visit Epcot XD. I am sure they can but I just want to make sure ^^.

Thank you :). So I can just hop on the bus with my luggages and drop them at the resort. Can the resort keep it until it's check-in time? I won't keep my bags to visit Epcot XD. I am sure they can but I just want to make sure ^^.

Since you say you have DME tags, I assume you made a reservation, so yes, you can just get on the bus. You can check in when you get there even if it's before official check in time (or you can do online check in), and if your room isn't ready, then yes, the resort can hold your luggage for you.

Since you say you have DME tags, I assume you made a reservation, so yes, you can just get on the bus. You can check in when you get there even if it's before official check in time (or you can do online check in), and if your room isn't ready, then yes, the resort can hold your luggage for you.
Perfect then :D! Thank you so much for your answers. This, at least, is one thing less to stress about ;).

So nice to know you guys are actually taking note of the whacky stuff I say!!

Called DME to add my flight details. While on the phone asked the rep for additional tags and if they could be sent at the same time to save postage. Got the tags in the mail today in two separate envelopes

I have a quick question in regards to the luggage tags. I have always asked for additional tags, and did this time as well. I did not get them. My question is how yellow must the tags be if I make my own? I managed to make one, and it is pretty good but the yellow is not an exact match. It is a little duller.
As long as the tag is yellow, and has the appropriate codes on both sides of the tag, will DME grab the bag? I can even use a blue marker for the Mickey Head on each side.

I have a quick question in regards to the luggage tags. I have always asked for additional tags, and did this time as well. I did not get them. My question is how yellow must the tags be if I make my own? I managed to make one, and it is pretty good but the yellow is not an exact match. It is a little duller.
As long as the tag is yellow, and has the appropriate codes on both sides of the tag, will DME grab the bag? I can even use a blue marker for the Mickey Head on each side.
No need at all to make your own tags.
Just give the ME staff the claim numbers for the bags without yellow tags. They'll get them and all will be delivered to your resort.
Either
1, don't use yellow tags at all, give ME staff all your claim numbers
or
2, keep up with which claim check goes with which bag and give them the ones without yellow tags. This is harder to do, the staff checking in bags moves too fast. We do option 1

I was wondering if you could help me with this one.

WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU get off the bus?
Do you have to go straight to your resort and check in?
Can I do an online check to my home resort (CSR) and get dropped off at another resort AKL for an ADR?

My friend and I are arriving at MCO at 9 am. We wan't to take the magical express to the AKL for a lunch reservation which is at 12 pm
I guess I want to know how the magical express works with 'check in' and receiving your bags.
I am trying to go straight to the ADR at AKL then go to our hotel (csr) after.

Thanks so much in advance!

I was wondering if you could help me with this one.

WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU get off the bus?
Do you have to go straight to your resort and check in?

Can I do an online check to my home resort (CSR) and get dropped off at another resort AKL for an ADR?

My friend and I are arriving at MCO at 9 am. We wan't to take the magical express to the AKL for a lunch reservation which is at 12 pm
I guess I want to know how the magical express works with 'check in' and receiving your bags.
I am trying to go straight to the ADR at AKL then go to our hotel (csr) after.

Thanks so much in advance!
Yes to the bold. No to the rest
You get on a bus to the hotel where you have a reservation. You can't get dropped off at another resort. If your reservation is at CSR that is where the ME bus takes you. From there you can go wherever you want

You get on a bus to the hotel where you have a reservation. You can't get dropped off at another resort. If your reservation is at CSR that is where the ME bus takes you. From there you can go wherever you want

Thank you~
I apprecite the help!

Do they count people getting off on stops? Wouldnt it take us to the Animal kingdom lodge before the CSR and we just got off?

Do they count people getting off on stops? Wouldnt it take us to the Animal kingdom lodge before the CSR and we just got off?
No they don't count. You are loaded on a bus that goes to your resort. A few resorts share but not many. Now, once on the bus you are free to get off wherever you want from the stops it makes.
But you can't get on any bus you want.

There is no guarantee that CSR and AKL will share a bus. If the bus happens to be going to both resorts and the driver stops at AKL first you can get off there, but at MCO you will have to board the CSR bus and they do check that you are getting on the correct bus before you get on.

We are arriving at MCO in August at approx. 7pm. We are going to have dinner there and stay at the Grand Hyatt for the night. We will take ME the next morning early and I will tell them we are arriving on that date. Will ME take my luggage and send it to the YC (where we are staying) and hold it overnight until we get there the next morning? PS, it's only 2 bags but don't need them at the Hyatt, as we have a few carryons.

We are arriving at MCO in August at approx. 7pm. We are going to have dinner there and stay at the Grand Hyatt for the night. We will take ME the next morning early and I will tell them we are arriving on that date. Will ME take my luggage and send it to the YC (where we are staying) and hold it overnight until we get there the next morning? PS, it's only 2 bags but don't need them at the Hyatt, as we have a few carryons.
No. Your DME reservation is tied to your resort reservation. If you tag your bags with the yellow DME tags, but don't have an active resort reservation until the day after you fly into MCO, your bags will sit at the airport. They 'might' get delivered the next day, but there is also a good chance they will be put aside and overlooked!
Don't tag your bags if you arrive early...I believe the Hyatt might deliver the bags to the DME area the next morning, but I could be wrong. If not, you will just have to take your bags to the DME bus with you.

You might consider a Disney Value room for the night, if it suits you. We found them way cheaper than the Hyatt in most cases. Disney will deliver us, and our bags, we can handle it for a single night, seeing how cheap they are, and then Disney moves us and our bags to our resort the next morning. Just a thought, in case it hadn't occurred to you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!