Disney's Magical Express -- Luggage Tag Info

Is it typical to receive your ME luggage tags 5 months before your trip? I finally booked my airfare a few weeks ago, so I added my flight info to my reservation so ME would be setup. Yesterday, I received the ME packet, including the yellow luggage tags. All my reservation info is correct for a December 8th arrival, just seems odd to already have them.

Is it typical to receive your ME luggage tags 5 months before your trip? I finally booked my airfare a few weeks ago, so I added my flight info to my reservation so ME would be setup. Yesterday, I received the ME packet, including the yellow luggage tags. All my reservation info is correct for a December 8th arrival, just seems odd to already have them.
It happens. Not an issue. I've received mine 4 months out before...that was a surprise.

Is there any way on the app to tell if we've arranged for the Magical Express? Had so much going on that for the moment I've forgotten if I gave the info over the phone or not.

Is there any way on the app to tell if we've arranged for the Magical Express? Had so much going on that for the moment I've forgotten if I gave the info over the phone or not.
Once you get to the point of online check in, yes, it will show you. I'm not sure that it does before that.
Go to Reservation and Tickets
Update Check in
Under Your Arrival Time, it will say something about arrival via Magical Express instead of specific time you enter. I can't recall now the exact phrase given.

Also, I save the email confirmation. Maybe search your email to see if you still have it?

So for first time ever I spaced and forgot to call DVC with my flight info for ME and we leave in 10 days! I spoke with them yesterday and they said I might get the package in time, but did confirm we can go check in and give the airline claim tickets if we don't want to collect our own luggage.

I've also seen on some previous posts in this thread that if you don't get on the bus they don't pick up your luggage. I don't believe that to be true as last year we took a car service to save time and our luggage did arrive at the hotel (although it was delayed by several hours). Anyone else have this experience?

So for first time ever I spaced and forgot to call DVC with my flight info for ME and we leave in 10 days! I spoke with them yesterday and they said I might get the package in time, but did confirm we can go check in and give the airline claim tickets if we don't want to collect our own luggage.

I've also seen on some previous posts in this thread that if you don't get on the bus they don't pick up your luggage. I don't believe that to be true as last year we took a car service to save time and our luggage did arrive at the hotel (although it was delayed by several hours). Anyone else have this experience?

This thread tells you what you need to know about not taking the bus:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/dme-luggage-only-dont-want-to-ride-the-bus.2015788/

Question: We are flying in on a Friday night, but our resort only reservation starts on Saturday. (Our flight is half the price if we fly in on Friday.) We're staying the night at a hotel close to the airport that provides free transportation to and from the airport. Our plan is to have the shuttle take us back to the airport in the AM, and then take the ME to our resort. Is there a way to do this, since we're not giving ME our flight info since it's the day before? I have read that others have shown up at the ME counter and given them their resort reservation info and were able to get on the bus that way, is that true?

Heading home, our flight out doesn't leave until 9:30 at night. Is that an issue?

Question: We are flying in on a Friday night, but our resort only reservation starts on Saturday. (Our flight is half the price if we fly in on Friday.) We're staying the night at a hotel close to the airport that provides free transportation to and from the airport. Our plan is to have the shuttle take us back to the airport in the AM, and then take the ME to our resort. Is there a way to do this, since we're not giving ME our flight info since it's the day before? I have read that others have shown up at the ME counter and given them their resort reservation info and were able to get on the bus that way, is that true?

Heading home, our flight out doesn't leave until 9:30 at night. Is that an issue?
Easiest thing to do to avoid all potential confusion, look on the airlines schedule and pick a flight that arrives about the time you plan to head to the airport that morning. Give them that flight info as your arrival flight. Problem solved.
By the rules and contracts in place they are supposed to have a reservation for you.
Typically they'll accept you without one, as long as they find a Disney resort reservation in the system in your name.
But I'd sure hate to walk up and encounter the one CM that feels like today is the day he/she is going to go by the book for everything.
Calling with any flight with solve it

Departure time, no problem. DME runs 24 hours a day

Sorry if this was already answered, I did a search and couldn't find the info.

Can I make 2 separate DME reservations on the same hotel reservation? My parents will be flying from a different airport and though we're gonna try to get in around the same time, we all know how airlines operate...

Also, if I make the 2 separate DME reservations, will my parents' tags be sent to their address even though it won't match the hotel reservation (it's in my name)?

Thanks!

I am positive you can make different DME reservations with 1 resort reservation. I did this in May for DH since he arrived after DGD and I did.
No idea about how they mail tags since we still needed ours sent to 1 location

Sorry if this was already answered, I did a search and couldn't find the info.

Can I make 2 separate DME reservations on the same hotel reservation? My parents will be flying from a different airport and though we're gonna try to get in around the same time, we all know how airlines operate...

Also, if I make the 2 separate DME reservations, will my parents' tags be sent to their address even though it won't match the hotel reservation (it's in my name)?

Thanks!
Yes, you can make two different reservations for DME.....I do it all the time. My dh usually leaves days before I do. When booking DME online, there is the option to make a reservation for others, not traveling with you, but on your reservation.
The packets will go to one address, the lead address on the reservation. You will receive the luggage tags and have to get them to your parents.

Sorry if this question has already been asked already, we arriving from dub at 7 ish in the evening and the cast member on the phone said to collect our own bags, we will have carry on luggage with a change of clothes for the following day so don't mind the 4 hr wait for the bags, can i still use the express lugagge or is there a cut off time???

Sorry if this question has already been asked already, we arriving from dub at 7 ish in the evening and the cast member on the phone said to collect our own bags, we will have carry on luggage with a change of clothes for the following day so don't mind the 4 hr wait for the bags, can i still use the express luggage or is there a cut off time???

Can international guests use the luggage delivery service? If so, then the cutoff time is 10 pm.

Yes, you can make two different reservations for DME.....I do it all the time. My dh usually leaves days before I do. When booking DME online, there is the option to make a reservation for others, not traveling with you, but on your reservation.
The packets will go to one address, the lead address on the reservation. You will receive the luggage tags and have to get them to your parents.
Thanks for this. Three of us old guys are going in January. We live in three different parts of the country. All of us want to use DME. I wasn't sure what to do. Now I am. Thanks.

So my husband put the tags on the side handles of our suitcases, not the top where the other airline tag will go. Is that ok?

We are looking at a very late night arrival and our plan is to stay at the airport hotel for the night then take ME to the resort the next morning. We would have picked up our luggage the night before from the carousel upon arrival. Can we still use the luggage delivery service the next morning when we take ME and give them our bags?

We are looking at a very late night arrival and our plan is to stay at the airport hotel for the night then take ME to the resort the next morning. We would have picked up our luggage the night before from the carousel upon arrival. Can we still use the luggage delivery service the next morning when we take ME and give them our bags?
There really is no reason to try to do this. You've already spent the time getting the bags, and you have them with you. It makes the most sense to just take them to the bus with you. Then you have them at the resort. The only time DME will take the bags and deliver them to the room is when they bags are grabbed as they come off the plane, or if the guest hasn't tagged them and they give DME CMs their baggage claim receipts and the CM goes to baggage claim to get the bags.
In short, you'll keep the bags with you, the bags will be stowed beneath your bus to your resort, and handed to you when you get off the bus. If your room isn't ready upon arrival, the bags will go to Bell Services/Luggage Assistance. And, as usual, you will need to be in your room to have the bags delivered, or get them out of storage yourself and bring them to your room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter