Disney's Magical Express -- Luggage Tag Info

Hi great info thx .
I would like to avoid baggags fees for myself and grandkids on airline flight ( wesjet) and will be using carry on luggage on plane instead .( we have DME TAGS)
My questions are , Once we get off plane in Orlando with our carry ons, can I then put the DME luggage tags on ? So they
can be delivered right to my room on the bus?
Would I go some desk / area at Orlando airport in particular to do this to be loaded on DME bus ?
Don't want dirty looks if I can help it
Not needed. You will carry them to the ME bus, give them to the ME driver and then the ME driver will give them back to you, where you will either take them to your room or give them to Bell Services.

Just to add to the DME Tag Madness, I have to share our experience last week...

We booked a relatively last minute trip to SSR (less than a month before check in). I added DME to our reservation once we booked our flights on UA and I didn't really expect to receive tags. We arrived early at ORD to have a leisurely breakfast before our flight, and I received a text from UA saying that our bags were sent to MCO on an earlier UA flight and to check with the UA baggage office when we arrived in MCO.

After we landed, we headed directly to the baggage office and provided our info. I was just shocked when they said that our bags weren't there. :eek: They checked the log book and low & behold, they had been picked up by Bags Inc & sent to SSR a couple of hours before, without any DME tags on them at all.

While I thought it was pretty cool that we didn't have to give our baggage claim to DME, I actually ended up a little concerned because we have a fairly common last name (hubby has a common first name too) and what could the likelihood be that there could potentially be two families on the same flight to MCO, headed to WDW.

We boarded the bus & as soon as we checked in, we went to bell services to see about having out owners locker delivered & they let us know that our checked bags were waiting for us too.

Question for the DME experts- our flight is scheduled to land at 9:50 PM. Would we still be able to use the luggage service? Or is it cutting it too close?
I don’t want to check the backs at PHL Airport and then have the flight land 15 minutes late and have bags in limbo somewhere.

That's way too late. The Bags, Inc folks will have gone home before your luggage gets off the plane. Meaning, your luggage will and up in your airline's baggage office overnight. It would then be delivered to your resort the next morning.

Don't put the yellow tags on your bags, collect them yourself and take them with you to the bus.

Steve

That's way too late. The Bags, Inc folks will have gone home before your luggage gets off the plane. Meaning, your luggage will and up in your airline's baggage office overnight. It would then be delivered to your resort the next morning.

Don't put the yellow tags on your bags, collect them yourself and take them with you to the bus.

Steve
Thanks! I figured they wouldn’t arrive till the next morning but didn’t realize they’d be sitting at the airport rather than at bell services on Disney property. I’ll def pick them up.

I think I know the answer to this, but I just want to be sure I'm correct. We booked our stay through the Citi Prestige Concierge, so do I have to call them and then have them call Disney to add our DME to our reservation? I'm assuming that is essentially like a TA, and don't you have to do it that way if you book through a TA? It just occurred to me that this means the tags will go to them, and then have to be sent on to me. Out flight is October 24, should that be enough time for this to all take place?

I hate having to call a middle man to do this, and then have to assume they will forward the tags on like they should. I would so much rather just call myself (or even better do it online without having to call anyone), but the savings through the card is more than enough to make up for the inconvenience, I just find it annoying.

I think I know the answer to this, but I just want to be sure I'm correct. We booked our stay through the Citi Prestige Concierge, so do I have to call them and then have them call Disney to add our DME to our reservation? I'm assuming that is essentially like a TA, and don't you have to do it that way if you book through a TA? It just occurred to me that this means the tags will go to them, and then have to be sent on to me. Out flight is October 24, should that be enough time for this to all take place?

I hate having to call a middle man to do this, and then have to assume they will forward the tags on like they should. I would so much rather just call myself (or even better do it online without having to call anyone), but the savings through the card is more than enough to make up for the inconvenience, I just find it annoying.
No and No
As long as you have your Disney confirmation number (as in, the number you need to link the stay to MDE) you do not need to have them do it. This is one thing you can do yourself, presumably because you don't deal with Disney for it, you deal with ME (aka, Mears). You can call or use the online form
The tags will go to them, as far as I understand it

No and No
As long as you have your Disney confirmation number (as in, the number you need to link the stay to MDE) you do not need to have them do it. This is one thing you can do yourself, presumably because you don't deal with Disney for it, you deal with ME (aka, Mears). You can call or use the online form
The tags will go to them, as far as I understand it

Well, great, thanks, I'll try! I'll look for the online form, and if no luck I guess I'll just call Disney. Come to think of it, if it has to go to the Credit card TA anyway, and I have to call anyway if I don't find the online form, I guess calling Citi wouldn't be so bad after all. At least they don't have crazy hold times!

I read somewhere, either on this thread or the MDE FAQ, about someone entering all of their info online to sign up for magical express, and then getting an error message, but still getting an email shortly after. That exact same thing just happened to me! I did find a link to sign up online (thanks to searching the DIS!), filled out all of the info, got to the last page and hit sbumit, and got

Page Not Found- 404 Error

The page you requested could not be found.

However, a few minutes later I got an email that started with Thanks for submitting your request for Disney's Magical Express, and had all of the info I entered in it. Do you think that means I'm signed up?

Dangit, I hate calling anywhere, and even I know that the way to straighten this up for sure is to just pick up the phone and call them. I could have just called in the time it took me to ask here, search the dis, fill out the form, and come back here again o_O. I was just so happy to have found a way to do it without having to call. FWIW, it also let me put my address in, instead of Citicard which is who I booked through.

I read somewhere, either on this thread or the MDE FAQ, about someone entering all of their info online to sign up for magical express, and then getting an error message, but still getting an email shortly after. That exact same thing just happened to me! I did find a link to sign up online (thanks to searching the DIS!), filled out all of the info, got to the last page and hit sbumit, and got

Page Not Found- 404 Error

The page you requested could not be found.

However, a few minutes later I got an email that started with Thanks for submitting your request for Disney's Magical Express, and had all of the info I entered in it. Do you think that means I'm signed up?

Dangit, I hate calling anywhere, and even I know that the way to straighten this up for sure is to just pick up the phone and call them. I could have just called in the time it took me to ask here, search the dis, fill out the form, and come back here again o_O. I was just so happy to have found a way to do it without having to call. FWIW, it also let me put my address in, instead of Citicard which is who I booked through.
Yes, if you got that email, you are all signed up. If you want, go ahead and call, but call the ME number (I'm pretty sure I've gotten that same 404 Error before, using Chrome but not Firefox. Matter of fact, you can do the form again on a different browser if you want. Just check the box that you have already given the info once. It won't hurt anything to repeat it. I've done that when I can't remember if I entered it
All Mears/ME wants to use that form is the Resort Confirmation number
Will be interesting to see what address they ship the documentation too.
I guess it depends on who actually sends it, ME/Mears or Disney. I actually don't know. If Disney sends it, they'll probably use the address in their system, which is probably the TA's
If ME/Mears sends it, then hopefully they use what you entered.

Just to add to the DME Tag Madness, I have to share our experience last week...

We booked a relatively last minute trip to SSR (less than a month before check in). I added DME to our reservation once we booked our flights on UA and I didn't really expect to receive tags. We arrived early at ORD to have a leisurely breakfast before our flight, and I received a text from UA saying that our bags were sent to MCO on an earlier UA flight and to check with the UA baggage office when we arrived in MCO.

After we landed, we headed directly to the baggage office and provided our info. I was just shocked when they said that our bags weren't there. :eek: They checked the log book and low & behold, they had been picked up by Bags Inc & sent to SSR a couple of hours before, without any DME tags on them at all.

While I thought it was pretty cool that we didn't have to give our baggage claim to DME, I actually ended up a little concerned because we have a fairly common last name (hubby has a common first name too) and what could the likelihood be that there could potentially be two families on the same flight to MCO, headed to WDW.

We boarded the bus & as soon as we checked in, we went to bell services to see about having out owners locker delivered & they let us know that our checked bags were waiting for us too.
That is beyond strange. I'm not sure how they would know to grab your bags. How would anyone know to even look at your bags? That would be concerning to me. Very strange.

Yes, if you got that email, you are all signed up. If you want, go ahead and call, but call the ME number (I'm pretty sure I've gotten that same 404 Error before, using Chrome but not Firefox. Matter of fact, you can do the form again on a different browser if you want. Just check the box that you have already given the info once. It won't hurt anything to repeat it. I've done that when I can't remember if I entered it
All Mears/ME wants to use that form is the Resort Confirmation number
Will be interesting to see what address they ship the documentation too.
I guess it depends on who actually sends it, ME/Mears or Disney. I actually don't know. If Disney sends it, they'll probably use the address in their system, which is probably the TA's
If ME/Mears sends it, then hopefully they use what you entered.

Just wanted to mention that I got a second email about 1 hr after the initial one that gave me all of the info on DME, so I presume I am fully signed up. I gave them my address, I don't even know what address Citi Card concierge would use, and that is what was on the emails I got, so I am hoping and assuming the tags will just come to me, but we'll see. There's just about a month before our flight, so even if they go to Citi Card there should be time for me to get them, as long as they figure out what they are and forward them on to me.

ETA thanks for your help and replies!

Just wanted to mention that I got a second email about 1 hr after the initial one that gave me all of the info on DME, so I presume I am fully signed up. I gave them my address, I don't even know what address Citi Card concierge would use, and that is what was on the emails I got, so I am hoping and assuming the tags will just come to me, but we'll see. There's just about a month before our flight, so even if they go to Citi Card there should be time for me to get them, as long as they figure out what they are and forward them on to me.

ETA thanks for your help and replies!
Oh, reminder too, if you don't get the tags, it won't matter. You can still use the luggage service. The emails should mention it too (one of them does I think). If you don't have luggage tags take your claim checks to the ME CM when you check in and they'll record the numbers and go grab the bags for you and deliver them just as if they had the yellow tags.

That is beyond strange. I'm not sure how they would know to grab your bags. How would anyone know to even look at your bags? That would be concerning to me. Very strange.
It is to me too. And I bet it wasn't supposed to happen. I can think of a few ways that it did happen, depending on how the exact steps happen with Bags Inc
We'd have to know more about things like, (no idea if they do these things but I can see it is possible that they could)
Do they get a list of all arriving guests as a routine, maybe resort by resort.
Do they take those lists and scour the baggage claim offices for bags that get through, maybe looking for bags who's tags got ripped off?
I'd think they are suppose to wait till the guest asked about the bag, since they'd not have any way of knowing if the guest put a tag on the bag and it got ripped off or if the guest just didn't want to use the tag and the bag got there for some other reason (like in this case, the airline sent it early)
But, seeing how it's not very common for airlines to send bags on early I can see how a Bags Inc employee would grab a bag that they found in the claim office that belonged to a Disney guest because they'd just assume it got there in error.
Anyway, just some of my musings on how it could have happened and I doubt it would happen a second time.

Oh, reminder too, if you don't get the tags, it won't matter. You can still use the luggage service. The emails should mention it too (one of them does I think). If you don't have luggage tags take your claim checks to the ME CM when you check in and they'll record the numbers and go grab the bags for you and deliver them just as if they had the yellow tags.

I do know that, but for some reason I just feel like having that big yellow tag on it means DME (or Bags, inc, or whomever is getting them) will see it and my bag will safely get where it is supposed to, and if there is no tag other than the regular airline one it will get missed or picked up by some random person/thief or just sent to the wrong place or left at the airport . I know there is no basis to this, but it just seems so easy for them to grab yellow tagged luggage and so cumbersome for someone to be checking each baggage ticket. If we happen to not get the tags I'm not sure which way we'll go. We REALLY like the convenience of not having to go to luggage claim, but we also want our bags :P. In addition our flight comes in at 5:15 PM. I know that's not late, but allowing the time it takes for them to get to your resort we might not have them until pretty late in the evening, and I wanted to unpack and settle in. I much prefer earlier flights, but for this trip the later flight was a lot cheaper and we opted to save a few dollars and not have to get to the airport at the crack of dawn!

Don't know if this is the right place to ask, but how likely is it for resort pick up to be 4 hours during Thanksgiving week back to MCO this year?

So we decided to add the DDP to one of our rooms at the last minute and know this will change the reservation number - will our tags still work?

Don't know if this is the right place to ask, but how likely is it for resort pick up to be 4 hours during Thanksgiving week back to MCO this year?
I'm not sure there's any way to even guess.
Last year was the first time they did that so there's no history to go on

Here's another silly occurrence for my fellow disboarders to possibly give me an answer on. When we booked our Poly trip last Nov (2017, to arrive in Nov 2018), our yellow luggage tags arrived in Feb 2018. They had the correct hotel and our names on them - can I use these for our upcoming trip next month, or wait for another set to come at 30 days?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!